Did John Feliciano Strike Chris Jones First?

I need people to take off their Bills fan glasses for a second and look at this play as an impartial spectator. Chiefs fans are convinced that John Feliciano punched Chris Jones first in the kidney causing him to retaliate with this punch.

I totally don’t see it but they are convinced it happened.  I’ve watched this probably about 20 times and while I see Feliciano turning him, I’m struggling to see the upper cut or kidney punch that some many Chiefs fans do.

Could it have happened?  I guess but I’m not seeing definitive evidence 

Edited by JohnNord
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not seeing it, but even if I did the NFL claims to care about blows to the head.  So IMHO it should have been at least a 15 yd personal foul.

Glad we are having a deep dive into this game...   No moment in the game will be too small to analyse over the coming 6 months...     

I have never heard of or seen a football Player ever throw a kidney punch. Give me a break. 

Posted Images

Chris Jones was being a chippy punk all game. With that said, I don’t blame him. In that game, season on the line, you have to play right up to the edge. Up to the refs to rein it in. They let a lot go this playoffs, and I actually kinda liked it. Just wished our guys did it too. 

Edited by TheProcess
10 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I need people to take off their Bills fan glasses for a second and look at this play as an impartial spectator. Chiefs fans are convinced that John Feliciano punched Chris Jones first in the kidney causing him to retaliate with this punch.

I totally don’t see it but they are convinced it happened.  I’ve watched this probably about 20 times and while I see Feliciano turning him, I’m struggling to see the upper cut or kidney punch that some many Chiefs fans do.

I'm not seeing it, but even if I did the NFL claims to care about blows to the head.  So IMHO it should have been at least a 15 yd personal foul.

• Like (+1) 6
2 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Chris Jones was being a chippy punk all game. With that said, I don’t blame him. In that game, season on the line, you have to play right up to the edge. Up to the refs to rein it in. They let a lot go this playoffs, and I actually kinda liked it. Just wished our guys did it too. 

Did you see the Feliciano punch? Chiefs fans are convinced that he rotated his shoulders and punched Jones in the side.

5 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Correct....but did you see a Feliciano punch in the video clip?

He probably did from the looks of it, and it makes me wonder if he did something similar to Christian Wilkins to get him to retaliate last year. Would also explain why he flipped after taking a punch to his helmet... Trying to get Jones ejected.

• Like (+1) 2
12 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I rewatched this like 50 times. At speed it looks like Feliciano took a shot at his kidney. But I slowed it down (see, hit pause a million times), it just looks that way, at the same time Mongo is turning him, Dawkins foot crosses the right part of the screen at the same time. Makes it look like JF is punching him. 

I mean, we still don’t really know from that angle. I mean it could have happened. I don’t think it did. 

1 minute ago, JohnNord said:

Did you see the Feliciano punch? Chiefs fans are convinced that he rotated his shoulders and punched Jones in the side.

Who cares what they think?

Jones should have been penalized

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

I rewatched this like 50 times. At speed it looks like Feliciano took a shot at his kidney. But I slowed it down (see, hit pause a million times), it just looks that way, at the same time Mongo is turning him, Dawkins foot crosses the right part of the screen at the same time. Makes it look like JF is punching him. 

I mean, we still don’t really know from that angle. I mean it could have happened. I don’t think it did. 

I did the same thing and came to the same conclusion.  What got me was the degree of certainty they said it happened.  I was like “what am I missing here?”

• Like (+1) 1

It looks like he did but the angle is impossible to say. Also, if he did punch him, Jones didn't buckle or look hurt at all even for a millisecond. That would have been an unprotected area with a sucker punch so I doubt it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

His left arm is tied up under Chris Jones' armpit in that video as Jones starts to swing around and turn Feliciano /throw a punch. It looks like before the punch he has it tied up and wrapped around his other arm. Tough to tell from the angle, I suppose he could have thrown a punch but the context clues before and after tell me it's very unlikely... he had little to no leverage to actually get one off.

• Like (+1) 1
9 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Tough to tell from that angle, but it looks like you do see Feliciano’s arm come up a little toward the kidney region. Judging by Chris Jones reaction immediately after you see that, it’s certainly possible. Whether it was a shot to the kidney or simply tied up, we won’t know for sure until there’s a better angle of the play. 

53 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Does it matter?

• Like (+1) 2

Looks like he may well have been throwing a punch or something like that, it's not clear; Jones' fat body conceals the punch.  It also looks like Jones is reacting to something and not initiating himself.  

I am not the sort of fan to be disgusted by this sort of thing.  T

I wish they could have gone at it on the 50 yard line for 30-40 seconds without helmets, done their 5 minutes in the box and resumed playing.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1