Rooting for Brady?

cv05

Rooting for Brady?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be rooting for Brady in the Superbowl

• Yes, it makes Belichick/Patriots look bad, sign me up
    • No, I just... can't...

12 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

You do realize that the tuck rule was a legit rule? In the nfl rule book, and implemented verbatim? I feel a lot of people have this misconception that it was some rule the NFL made up on the spot. It was the correct call 100%. It even took many years post “tuck rule call” for the NFL to change the rule. It was a case of implementing a rule properly. If Buffalo sports fans want one to actually steam over, the foot in the crease call is far more suspect. 

It was not a legit rule at all. Everyone knows New England bought they’re way into the Super Bowl that year. Every one wanted to be patriotic because of 9-11 and the NFL didn’t want the raiders in there. It was a bought and paid for Super Bowl, even New England fans and Brady admitted that it was a fumble. The raiders got screwed over on a match that was already pre determined 

I'm rooting for the Bucs defense to beat down Kelce, Hill, Mahomes, Hardman, CEH, and anyone else KC puts on the field. I'm rooting for Jensen, the Bucs Center, to pancake Chris Jones on every play. I'm rooting for Tristan Wirfs to DDT Frank Clark. I'm rooting for the Bucs to win in general. Brady, no Brady, hell they could run Brad Johnson back out there for all I care. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Chiefs message board is the 1st in internet history (at least in terms of sports) that I won't visit anymore.

I like to check out other fans boards, particularly teams we are playing or have played.  I went there once after the game on Sunday, and won't go back.  It redefines "toxic."  Just an unpleasant place to spend time, even just as a viewer.  

No other board like that I can remember. The Pats boards are bastions of positivity and humility by comparison.

• Like (+1) 2

Although the guy has brought a lot of pain and losing to the Bills while he was in the east the dude is the goat and by going to another team and taking them to the SB with a new offensive scheme, coaches and players just proves even more he's the GOAT ! 

It won't bother me to see him get another ring that will just prove he is the best that ever was Jordon did the same thing he left no championship he comes back 3 more .

Not many other sports personalities can say that in my book there is Bills Russel, MJ, Brady, I loved to watch Koby and he is in the conversation for sure but he had a lot more time than MJ to do what he did than MJ . Allstar HOFer for sure though !!! 

Then there is Lebron good player IMHO not great but can't bring to a team what MJ , Russel, or Brady has .

So yes i hope he gets as many as he can while he's around because we will never see the likes of him again 10 SB appearances in a 20 yr carrier and he's won 6 and now going to number 11 plus i want him to beat homes which is a tall order but if any one can do it he can !! 

My 83 y.o. uncle, who moved to Tampa in the early '70's, stayed a true Bills fan, but he loved the Bucs through thick and thin. He had Bucs season tickets for about 20 yrs. He made almost yearly visits back here, his last being to celebrate his 80th birthday. 

He'd mention Brady's success against the Bills was tough to watch over and over, but had to be optimistic for his Bucs this year.

He fell ill and passed away in November.

Go Bucs!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Are you kidding?

My hated for Tom Brady runs deep.

As has been the case for @ the last 20 years, I will not only be cheering for Brady to lose, I will be cheering for him to be hit.

He always seems to avoid the big hit; maybe his age will catch up to him in that regard in this game! 

There's always hope! 

• Like (+1) 1

Can't possibly root for Brady. He's been almost as complicit in the Cheatriots dysentary as Bellendchick was. Destroying his phone in 'deflategate' shows that up.

He's also a douche imho. The type who will do good so that it reflects well on him, rather than just for the sake of doing good. Oh, and this TB12 stuff smacks of a snakeoil salesman.

Finally, after watching both of the Championship  games, I don't think I could bring myself to root for a QB whose 'laser' throws, are just flat, and by the time they got there in Green Bay, covered in frost. Show me a QB whose laser throws arrive with some proper heat still on them, like Allen or Mahomes.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Some things in life are just easy:

1) Patriots bad

2) Brady bad

NOW, what happens next season when the 2 teams play each other (NE and TB)? 

I won't know how I feel until I sit down to watch that game. 

Simple when NE and TB play, root for what's best for the Bills, and that's a Bucs win. Divisional losses by the Pats, Jets, Dolphins is always a good thing.

50 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

My 83 y.o. uncle, who moved to Tampa in the early '70's, stayed a true Bills fan, but he loved the Bucs through thick and thin. He had Bucs season tickets for about 20 yrs. He made almost yearly visits back here, his last being to celebrate his 80th birthday. 

He'd mention Brady's success against the Bills was tough to watch over and over, but had to be optimistic for his Bucs this year.

He fell ill and passed away in November.

Go Bucs!

So sorry for your loss.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

The Chiefs message board is the 1st in internet history (at least in terms of sports) that I won't visit anymore.

I like to check out other fans boards, particularly teams we are playing or have played.  I went there once after the game on Sunday, and won't go back.  It redefines "toxic."  Just an unpleasant place to spend time, even just as a viewer.  

No other board like that I can remember. The Pats boards are bastions of positivity and humility by comparison.

Drew Magary, even with his myriad quirks and flaws, called KC fans out for who they were about a decade ago.  Their board is on point with his assessment.

24 minutes ago, teef said:

i'm not somone who hates brady, but i'm not going to cheer for the guy to get another super bowl.  ***** him and ***** the horse he rode in on.

***** him with an avocado ice cream.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

So sorry for your loss.

Thanks.

Up to around when he was 70, he still would insist we throw the football around like we did over 40 years ago. Naturally, the distance definitely closed and didn't last for long.

He did get to enjoy watching the Bucs play some good football through October.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Thanks.

Up to around when he was 70, he still would insist we throw the football around like we did over 40 years ago. Naturally, the distance definitely closed and didn't last for long.

He did get to enjoy watching the Bucs play some good football through October.

Now he'll have sky box seats for the Super Bowl.  I'll be rooting for the Bucs as well.  It will be hard to root for Brady...but one thing Brady never was in all his years of winning was cocky.  I see a lot of cockiness on KC...both the team and the fans.  I just can't cheer for that, irrespective of how some may say "they've earned the right."  That's why I like McD's mantra...humble and hungry.

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

Now he'll have sky box seats for the Super Bowl.  I'll be rooting for the Bucs as well.  It will be hard to root for Brady...but one thing Brady never was in all his years of winning was cocky.  I see a lot of cockiness on KC...both the team and the fans.  I just can't cheer for that, irrespective of how some may say "they've earned the right."  That's why I like McD's mantra...humble and hungry.

We also have good posters from the Pats fan base here on TBD that are polite and enjoyable to talk football with IMO.

I agree, Bradys kicked our asses for years. He's been kicking everyones ass for years. In a all business manner and professionalism that is much more tolerable then the Mr can't touch this, magic man.

Go Goat!!!

• Like (+1) 1