Rooting for Brady?

cv05

Rooting for Brady?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be rooting for Brady in the Superbowl

• Yes, it makes Belichick/Patriots look bad, sign me up
    • No, I just... can't...

18 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I love watching Ali Marpet (local guy for me) 

Marpet was blocking at Hobart for my high schools alum RB Steven Webb.  I've liked him since making that connection.

Go Bucs, the Chiefs have taken my top spot for team that I hate the most.  Not only that, but many of their fans seem to be obnoxious, bandwagoners, or both.  

• Like (+1) 1

root for Brady sure I'll root for him.....to fail and throw interceptions and watch for his famous pout on the sidelines...gimme the grimace Tommy....root for him to succeed?? Seriously? LOL No way Jose never ever ever ever. Thats not to say Im especially rooting for the Chiefs either this years superbowl for me is a Huge Meh....I'll watch it due to the holiday tradition but otherwise both teams can implode Id be just fine with that.  

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Honestly may not watch the game at all. No rooting interest.

If the AFC wins, they'll be up 28-27 in Super Bowls. I distinctly recall during the Bills SB run the commentary that they were the representatives of the JV conference. Never liked that, and it has stuck with me.

• Like (+1) 1

I was beating the hell out of Brady - IF it was us. Now that it’s Brady v Mahomes. I want to see that cocky look slapped off his face. Thankfully we helped soften up the pass pro. I want to see Bucs defenders crush Mahomes, Hill & Kelce & do so in embarrassing fashion. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/26/2021 at 11:42 PM, RyanC883 said:

shows you it's not all Brady.  It's the talent around him.   Allen >> Brady this year, not even close.  

Brady's amount of luck both in terms of games and calls are unreal.  

Never looked at it as all Brady, but apparently for the ones who are stuck in that Brady >>>>BB debate they may swing this as it's soley Brady.

As a massive fan of football, I have an appreciation at the marvel of what a 43 year old QB has accomplished this year and over his career for that matter. We are witnessing history that’s not likely to ever be repeated and for that I have respect and appreciation for what is unfolding.  

So yeah, I’m all for Brady winning, but I also don’t really care much about the outcome of this game, and way more interested in wining my squares pools and bets.  

I will also take pleasure in remembering BB face and posture in the post game interview after we curb stomped the Pats the second game and take pleasure in picturing him slouching and sulking in his lounge chair at home the same way watching Brady win the SB without him while he didn’t even make the playoffs.  

I’ll always hate the Pats more than I hate Brady.  So anything that makes the Pats look worse is A-OK in my book.

I'm rooting for the Bucs, but not because it makes the Patriots look bad, but because the kc fan base is a bunch of arrogant, obnoxious people. There's no doubt that kc is amazingly good, but  reading comments from kc fans on social media after the game last week made me absolutely hate that fan base. So yes, I'm rooting for Tampa Bay. Also I like seeing teams win the super bowl that have never, or haven't in a long time. Tampa Bay has had a long playoff drought and kc won the sb last year so... 

I'm rooting for Tampa Bay to win the Super Bowl. Lots of reasons for that, most of which have to do with hating the Chiefs. But I have one additional reason.

In the AFC Championship Game, the Chiefs had seven drives which didn't end in kneel downs. On those seven drives, they scored touchdowns on five of them, and a field goal on another. Only once that whole game did the Bills' defense achieve a victory, where a victory is defined as a turnover or forcing a punt.

There are two ways you could look at this. 1) You could say that the Bills couldn't stop KC because no one can stop KC. The total dominance of KC's offense over the Bills' defense was unfortunate, but there was nothing more we could have done. OR, 2) There is much more the Bills' defense could have done. The KC offense is a solvable problem, and the Bills' defense could and should have solved it.

Let's say that the Chiefs score 1/3 as many points per drive against the Bucs as they scored against us. That would be both proof that the Chiefs offense can be stopped, as well as a blueprint for how to stop it. I want both those things. I don't want the Bills to receive the validation of thinking that they were the second-best team in the NFL after the Chiefs. They don't deserve that. Their level of play in the postseason was significantly worse than it had been in the second half of the regular season. The Bills should be angry with themselves for having underachieved in all three postseason games, not celebrating themselves for having made it to the AFC Championship Game. Lots of problems for the Bills to fix: their offensive line, soft zone, etc. I want the Bills to be focused on fixing those problems, not on pretending everything is "okay."