Excited about Gabe Davis in 2021

20 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

I’m cool with Brown....he’s 1 year removed from 1000 yards. Injuries hurt him this year....I still see a role for him next year.

His performance + salary + inability to stay healthy = cutting him IMO.

We'll see.

I dont know if it was the end of Indy game or start of Baltimore, but he rolled his ankle and wasnt the same.  Couldnt get seperation.  Seemed to lack the burst hes shown before.  Same goes for John Brown.  Davis looks to be a player and could be the second or third option on offense in 21.  Brown being older and reallying only on speed I could see him being restructered or cut. I would like Buffalo to extend Mckenzie and Stills.  I think Buffalo needs leggs in the Wr room.  I would transistion Mckenzie to Roberts role and keep grooming him for slot behind Beasley.

22 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

I’m cool with Brown....he’s 1 year removed from 1000 yards. Injuries hurt him this year....I still see a role for him next year.

Maybe he'll get back there...if Diggs and Davis are out for the season.

22 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I want another top shelf talent to compliment Diggs.

Gabe Davis does have a nose for the end zone, but at 4.52 I just question if he is more than a #3 - #4 WR.

Most of the great WR's run just about 4.5.

Davis just needs to work on route running. Get with Diggs. 

2 hours ago, krf139 said:

I'd like them to find ways to get McKenzie more involved.  

I think they will next year. My guess is they roll with Diggs, Beasley, Davis, Mckenzie, and Hodgins as their top 5. Basically the top 4 they ran with when Brown was out, plus Hodgins. 

I wouldn't expect anything else unless a cheap option becomes available. Maybe Stills. 

22 hours ago, finn said:

Not sure I agree. He's has a big wingspan, good hands and decent speed, but he lacks quickness and doesn't seem to get open easily. An excellent third or fourth receiver, but I think the Bills need more speed to complement Beasley and Davis and let Diggs do whatever he wants. I do think Davis will improve next year, but I don't see him as an effective number two receiver. 

Gabe Davis was open deep more than you think or Allen looked his way

I’m excited to see what he does in year 2, although the sophomore slump has been real for a number of recent draft picks. Hopefully it won’t be an issue for Davis.

Im also excited to see what isaiah hodgins can do. I read that he was looking really good before injury. I remember some reporters even saying that he looked better than Davis.

3 hours ago, Mat68 said:

I dont know if it was the end of Indy game or start of Baltimore, but he rolled his ankle and wasnt the same.  Couldnt get seperation.  Seemed to lack the burst hes shown before.  Same goes for John Brown.  Davis looks to be a player and could be the second or third option on offense in 21.  Brown being older and reallying only on speed I could see him being restructered or cut. I would like Buffalo to extend Mckenzie and Stills.  I think Buffalo needs leggs in the Wr room.  I would transistion Mckenzie to Roberts role and keep grooming him for slot behind Beasley.

Stills is now a FA.

On 1/26/2021 at 9:50 PM, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I want another top shelf talent to compliment Diggs.

Gabe Davis does have a nose for the end zone, but at 4.52 I just question if he is more than a #3 - #4 WR.

Yeah, and the quicks are lacking too. That said, he does play a role, and he plays it well. He’s a complementary piece.

14 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Great hands. Good route runner. I'm worried he does not have enough speed to be a true #2. 

Yes, I like Gabe Davis, and he can definitely contribute to this team. I just don’t think he’s better than a third receiver. He seems reliable which is an asset, but I don’t see that special extra gear. It’s really striking when you see the speed of a team like KC. They have speed at every level of the depth chart. Beane seems to like guys with less speed who fall in the draft as a result, but have other skills that get overlooked. Beane has done great with the franchise, so that’s not a criticism, but I think some guys are definitely limited due to their speed.