[Name Only Title] Najee Harris

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2021 at 5:49 PM, Bill from NYC said:

I am not pushing for the Bills to use a first round pick on Najee, but I disagree with those who think that he will last until we select in round 2. I do so for the following reasons:

1) Najee is a very strong kid and appears to be in perfect condition. The fact that he can leap over people the way he does is no accident.

2) He is a very smart player and will not have a problem learning any system, let alone if Daboll stays.

3) Najee is a great blocker. GREAT, and he developed into a fine receiver.

Whoever selects Najee will be getting a hard working, serious, very intelligent, fine player.

I tried various trades with the draft/ trade simulator and its impossible for Buffalo to land Najee. Harris goes in the middle of the 1st. Alabama knows a thing or two about RB's. Harris fits the Bill IMO. Unfortunately I get the feeling to many teams want to get their hands on Najee Harris enough to reach a little more then Beane will go in my humble opinion.

7 minutes ago, Figster said:

I tried various trades with the draft/ trade simulator and its impossible for Buffalo to land Najee. Harris goes in the middle of the 1st. Alabama knows a thing or two about RB's. Harris fits the Bill IMO. Unfortunately I get the feeling to many teams want to get their hands on Najee Harris enough to reach a little more then Beane will go in my humble opinion.

I would say that your post nails it.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Let's not kid ourselves folks, our run game needs an overhaul.  Moss is decent but not great and I think Singletary lost alot of favor this last season. I won't go into detail about either of our 3rd round guys but we clearly need better. Najee Harris would be perfect for our team and especially Josh. He is 6-2/230 with both power and speed. He is amazing receiving on dump offs or wheel routes. We can keep Moss as an RB2 and eventually release Motor.  Unfortunately I don't think he will still be there at 61? So we may have to pull the trigger at 30 which I still think is a great value pick.  Hopefully we can upgrade the OL a little to improve our disappointing run blocking. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Figster said:

I think Harris may have Thurman Thomas all purpose potential that would really go well in tye Daboll/ Allen Offense IMO.

He may have more to lose/gain at the combine than anyone.  If he can run a 4.45, he’s going mid to late first round.  If he’s 4.55, he could fall.  The Bills need speed on both sides of the ball, but particularly on offense.  The AFCCG highlighted that.  For all the complaining about coaching and play calling, the difference in the game is that one team had burners and the other didn’t.  

Kelce was killing Edmunds and even White all day over the middle, but Frazier couldn’t do much to help because Hill and Hardman  (even without Watkins) were hitting them for massive plays when they got loose.  If you watch the “behind the game” videos, the Bills players weren’t talking about Kelce killing them.  They were marveling at how damned fast Hill is.  You can’t teach speed, and the only way to counter it is to ‘cheat’ by trying to anticipate routes, shading one direction, etc.  When that fails, you wind up over pursuing, and it’s off to the races.

Buffalo has nobody like that on offense, particularly when Brown is out.  McKenzie is fast, but he’s more of a gadget guy.  If I’m Beane, I’m drafting speed.  Outside of Diggs, he’s brought in a lot of slow players.  Beasley, Moss, Singletary, Davis are all slow.  Go get some dudes who can make teams pay for mistakes with 6 points instead of 15 yards.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Billl said:

He may have more to lose/gain at the combine than anyone.  If he can run a 4.45, he’s going mid to late first round.  If he’s 4.55, he could fall.  The Bills need speed on both sides of the ball, but particularly on offense.  The AFCCG highlighted that.  For all the complaining about coaching and play calling, the difference in the game is that one team had burners and the other didn’t.

I'm not sure I entirely go with that last, but not the place....

....thought there wasn't going to be a combine this year?  All testing done only at the school Pro Days.

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Figster said:

I think Harris may have Thurman Thomas all purpose potential that would really go well in tye Daboll/ Allen Offense IMO.

I see alot of responses where Bills fans are terrified of losing that passing edge that Josh brings. Bringing on a better more dynamic running back like Najee doesn't mean Daboll is going to scrub the pass attack.  Right now Josh is like 90% of our offense. Having Josh design run as much as he does is stupid and dangerous. He gets hurt the seasons over. You saw how KC easily shut down our passing game by dropping 7. They ignored and basically laughed at our run game. Drafting Najee changes that instantly. We'll still probably throw 70% of the time but now teams will have to gameplan for both. Elway need Terrell and Aikman needed Emmett. Just like we don't even sniff 1 SB without Thurman......

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Billl said:

Kelce was killing Edmunds and even White all day over the middle, but Frazier couldn’t do much to help because Hill and Hardman  (even without Watkins) were hitting them for massive plays when they got loose.  If you watch the “behind the game” videos, the Bills players weren’t talking about Kelce killing them.  They were marveling at how damned fast Hill is.  You can’t teach speed, and the only way to counter it is to ‘cheat’ by trying to anticipate routes, shading one direction, etc.  When that fails, you wind up over pursuing, and it’s off to the races.

Buffalo has nobody like that on offense, particularly when Brown is out.  McKenzie is fast, but he’s more of a gadget guy.  If I’m Beane, I’m drafting speed.  Outside of Diggs, he’s brought in a lot of slow players.  Beasley, Moss, Singletary, Davis are all slow.  Go get some dudes who can make teams pay for mistakes with 6 points instead of 15 yards.

Exactly, this is why I really want Kadarius Toney (WR/Florida) if he is there at #30. Toney has the long-term potential to have a Hill-like impact (and he's bigger) plus has the jet sweep/returning ability. Unfortunately for us, he had an unreal Senior Bowl and might not make it to our spot. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm not sure I entirely go with that last, but not the place....

....thought there wasn't going to be a combine this year?  All testing done only at the school Pro Days.

Forgot about that.  Either way, the stopwatch is going to have a big impact on Harris’s draft stock, IMO.

21 minutes ago, Billl said:

I think a 4.55 would be a good time for him actually. A 4.45 would likely require a friendly timer. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Exactly, this is why I really want Kadarius Toney (WR/Florida) if he is there at #30. Toney has the long-term potential to have a Hill-like impact (and he's bigger) plus has the jet sweep/returning ability. Unfortunately for us, he had an unreal Senior Bowl and might not make it to our spot. 

That would be a terrible pick.  (Because I want him in Kansas City.)

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/26/2021 at 5:37 PM, CommonCents said:

They didn’t take Chubb or Dobbins in the 2nd, If they take Najee in the first that would hurt my brain. 

Chubb wasn’t available when we picked in rd 2.

5 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

We can dream though can’t we?  He’s ideal for our team 💯 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I see alot of responses where Bills fans are terrified of losing that passing edge that Josh brings. Bringing on a better more dynamic running back like Najee doesn't mean Daboll is going to scrub the pass attack.  Right now Josh is like 90% of our offense. Having Josh design run as much as he does is stupid and dangerous. He gets hurt the seasons over. You saw how KC easily shut down our passing game by dropping 7. They ignored and basically laughed at our run game. Drafting Najee changes that instantly. We'll still probably throw 70% of the time but now teams will have to gameplan for both. Elway need Terrell and Aikman needed Emmett. Just like we don't even sniff 1 SB without Thurman......

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/another-2021-mock-draft-dynamic-190329334.html

Another Mock has Buffalo in the Najee Harris sweepstakes.