[Name Only Title] Najee Harris

I'm a little concerned about "tweaking" the OL because I understand we need far, far better run blocking but getting rid of our current guys would mean needing to replace one of the best pass blocking groups in the league.  And that is our central identity, a pass-first offense.

44 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

No, why does having an above average back mean run first.  Same offense this year.  Have a guy to run on possibly over 5 and 6 man boxes.   When teams do what they did in the playoffs next year how does Buffalo react?  

The way they react is FIX THE DEFENSE (mainly DL). Also more WR options. Gave Davis should have never been activated and Brown was useless. Ooo let’s also talk Knox and Feliciano Not being able to pass block to save his life. Still positions with better value to upgrade before taking a RB. 

2 minutes ago, InEnemyTerritory said:

I'm a little concerned about "tweaking" the OL because I understand we need far, far better run blocking but getting rid of our current guys would mean needing to replace one of the best pass blocking groups in the league.  And that is our central identity, a pass-first offense.

Yep. Look the OGs can be a little more mauling and where when Ford was healthy. Get a speed back that can take the stretch plays and get outside. They are available in rounds 4 and below. 

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

There will be a prospects with better value I already have 32 of them seeing I have Harris as a 2nd round grade. So Yep still not taking a RB at 30

Who.... what position.  You may not like him as a player.  Offering no alternative there is no way to know what your version of higher value means.  Harris is a second rd grade.  Who do you have graded as late first rder.  

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

The way they react is FIX THE DEFENSE (mainly DL). Also more WR options. Gave Davis should have never been activated and Brown was useless. Ooo let’s also talk Knox and Feliciano Not being able to pass block to save his life. Still positions with better value to upgrade before taking a RB. 

Yep. Look the OGs can be a little more mauling and where when Ford was healthy. Get a speed back that can take the stretch plays and get outside. They are available in rounds 4 and below. 

The guys availble late rd as I stated are all trait guys.  Oweh from PSU for example is considered late first.  Little college production height/weight/speed guy.

4 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Who.... what position.  You may not like him as a player.  Offering no alternative there is no way to know what your version of higher value means.  Harris is a second rd grade.  Who do you have graded as late first rder.  

working on my draft board. Once I am done with it and confident in it I will post it as a draft Plan. You want a name right now. Fine. 

RT - Liam Leichenberg graded between 20-32 right now on my board. 

another TE Pat Freiermuth

Edited by MAJBobby

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

working on my draft board. Once I am done with it and confident in it I will post it as a draft Plan. You want a name right now. Fine. 

RT - Liam Leichenberg graded between 20-32 right now on my board. 

A solid lineman is always good.  Seems to me OT gets overdrafted now due to lack of olineman play across the league. I like edge but the rawness will concern me.

2 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

A solid lineman is always good.  Seems to me OT gets overdrafted now due to lack of olineman play across the league. I like edge but the rawness will concern me.

He likely finishes with a second round grade when all said and done. I think there are likely only 20 real first round players. And why I have said in other draft posts I will be open to selling the 5th year option to a team that wants to come up for their QB. And reap the benefits. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

What cause the inadequacy on Offense is Daboll game planned against a Zone defense and kept running zone beaters into Man the entire first half. Why do you think he apologized to the WRs. Is wasn’t because of a lack of running game. 

I agree with everything you've said in this thread about the value/future of our RB situation, except the quote above about Daboll.  I think they gameplanned for man, just poor execution and poor oline protection.

back to Rb discussion, this team absolutely gets more value by drafting a DL or OL with round 1, unless a stud LB falls then you jump on that. 

Problem with our run game is an imperfect marriage:

1. No speed back coupled with an OL that gets zero push up the middle.  

2. Boettger and Feliciano are both JAGs at guard.  No offense to either, but Ford needs to stay healthy and dominate at 1 of those guard spots.  Then could use another guard to plug in.  Hopefully keep Williams in the process

1 minute ago, MasterStrategist said:

I agree with everything you've said in this thread about the value/future of our RB situation, except the quote above about Daboll.  I think they gameplanned for man, just poor execution and poor oline protection.

back to Rb discussion, this team absolutely gets more value by drafting a DL or OL with round 1, unless a stud LB falls then you jump on that. 

Problem with our run game is an imperfect marriage:

1. No speed back coupled with an OL that gets zero push up the middle.  

2. Boettger and Feliciano are both JAGs at guard.  No offense to either, but Ford needs to stay healthy and dominate at 1 of those guard spots.  Then could use another guard to plug in.  Hopefully keep Williams in the process

I do think the lack of speed at RB is a problem neither can hit the edge. But I don’t need to do that early. I can find speed later. 

also the question I ask the RB early guys. What good is that RB early when you have a line that cannot already Run block against a weak box? 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

He is not going to be there at the end of the 2nd round

Ok then I don’t take him. Easy as that. Then again even if he was there I likely still wouldn’t take him. 

Edited by MAJBobby

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I do think the lack of speed at RB is a problem neither can hit the edge. But I don’t need to do that early. I can find speed later. 

also the question I ask the RB early guys. What good is that RB early when you have a line that cannot already Run block against a weak box? 

I think he is like faster than Moss but don't know how much maybe a few or more. I'll wait for combine if any this year. His tackling breaking, vision,, build, power is really good. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

I still likely won’t take him. But getting the extra pick(s) depending on the value of them I would be more open to it I think. 

I say if we could have ran that ball at all we could have beaten KC.....not a given of course but when the pass game starts struggling.......we need to be able to RUN THE DAMN BALL

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Must be so easy so point out those teams that reached for non value Point them Out. 

right off the top of my head without looking(which i wont do because i dont feel like it due to the fact that its obvious that its happened numerous times), i remember the cowboys drafting frederick at the end of the 1st. They wanted him, they went and got him and caught some flack. some thought it was a round too early and he ended up being an all pro and an anchor on the best line in football for a time. literally nobody was 2nd guessing that pick by the end of his rookie year.... its not hard to pick them out... acting like the draft is purely for value and nothing else is good way to lose out on some serious pieces to puzzle. thankfully i'm confident our front office knows that. 

26 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Ok then I don’t take him. Easy as that. Then again even if he was there I likely still wouldn’t take him. 

this is absolutely ridiculous. if there is a guy there they want and are certain he will help them raise their level immediately you take them. PERIOD. you dont just pass because he's projected 10 or 15 slots lower. good lord. To be clear i'm not saying harris is that guy. i'm speaking in general terms.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

This is why I wait till FA to start really thinking about what guys teams will look into drafting. It’s just ranking positions until that point.... Particularly with the salary cap this upcoming season. Right now I don’t think we can rule out Beane trying to overhaul the trenches a bit, especially if he can get top value. Can’t yet rule out something completely unexpected like going after Brandon Scherff if he hits the market. If this team wants to beat the Chiefs they need an answer for Chris Jones, which means getting at least one interior player that can win one on one matchups against pro bowl DTs. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

right off the top of my head without looking(which i wont do because i dont feel like it due to the fact that its obvious that its happened numerous times), i remember the cowboys drafting frederick at the end of the 1st. They wanted him, they went and got him and caught some flack. some thought it was a round too early and he ended up being an all pro and an anchor on the best line in football for a time. literally nobody was 2nd guessing that pick by the end of his rookie year.... its not hard to pick them out... acting like the draft is purely for value and nothing else is good way to lose out on some serious pieces to puzzle. thankfully i'm confident our front office knows that. 

this is absolutely ridiculous. if there is a guy there they want and are certain he will help them raise their level immediately you take them. PERIOD. you dont just pass because he's projected 10 or 15 slots lower. good lord.

That is exactly how you play the draft. Not talking pundit projections talking Value 

34 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I say if we could have ran that ball at all we could have beaten KC.....not a given of course but when the pass game starts struggling.......we need to be able to RUN THE DAMN BALL

I agree John,

I must admit I wasn't to thrilled with the idea of using high draft picks to go after another RB. However having had the privilege of watching Harris play for my favorite college team. The thought of Harris in the Bills backfield sends tingles up my spine. 

2 hours ago, Braedenstearns said:

He looks a little slow in those highlights. And that’s one issue I have with Singleterry... can never beat anyone to the outside. Moss will definitely be the power back next season. I think we need someone with some speed to complement Moss 

Moss's knock coming out was that he takes lots of hits and won't last long in the NFL.  He takes a lickin, but won't keep on ticking'.

1 season, one surgery so far.