[Name Only Title] Najee Harris

Just now, Mat68 said:

No, why does having an above average back mean run first.  Same offense this year.  Have a guy to run on possibly over 5 and 6 man boxes.   When teams do what they did in the playoffs next year how does Buffalo react?  

Go watch the OL run block, specially when Ford went down. You will get your answer. Why do no name RBs always hurt on the scene? It is because the OL. Singletary and Miss are not the issue there could be speed added there but that isn’t Harris or ISNT a need in the first round. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Moss will be RB1 next season. 

Then we have no chance of making it to the Super Bowl. 

10 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yes draft is all about value. 

No, the draft is about finding the best players at a position of need, not some grade that you gave someone.  3 years ago a lot of people thought Josh Rosen was a good value at #10, because they gave him a top 5 grade, what good did that do him?  

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Value isnt there. I can find a RB anywhere in this draft. And I am NOT changing the offensive philosophy with building the OL to grind and run

my offense will remain a pass first offense and with that I value every other position on the football field over a RB. Well not P or K they are lower than RB. 

Agree completely. I don’t get it— people want to replace the entire offensive line and draft a bruising RB. We have a top-5 offense.

We also ran the ball pretty well for stretches this year. Grinding out the clock against both the Steelers and the Dolphins, for instance. 

i have a feeling that the improvements to the run game are going to be tweaks, and if we upgrade the RB position, it will be with more of a speedy pass catcher type of guy.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

No philosphy change required.  I could see oline being the pick too possible te heck even Wr.  The find a rb anywhere hasnt really panned out.  See moss and Singeltary.  So with the value of rbs being low most likley Buffalo can pick the top one at 30.  Of the remaining prospects who also is an immmediate starter and upgrade?  5th or 6th Ot.  3rd or 4th Cb 3rd or 4th edge.  4 or 5th wr?  Baker? Saftey? Te?  Having a solid roster with no glarring hole a rb at 30 is on the table.

Indeed.  Backs grow on trees except in Orchard Park apparently...  

So go back all those years we had an elite Running game. Now tell me how many playoffs were there. They FINALLY graduate to modern Football and people want to go back to wasting value picks on the WORST Value position on the Offense?  It is asinine. 

2 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Then we have no chance of making it to the Super Bowl. 

No, the draft is about finding the best players at a position of need, not some grade that you gave someone.  3 years ago a lot of people thought Josh Rosen was a good value at #10, because they gave him a top 5 grade, what good did that do him?  

No it isn’t. And wrong on both points. Moss at RB1 with a pass first Modern offense will get us to SB and win it. Welcome to the Modern NFL. 

I am not pushing for the Bills to use a first round pick on Najee, but I disagree with those who think that he will last until we select in round 2. I do so for the following reasons:

1) Najee is a very strong kid and appears to be in perfect condition. The fact that he can leap over people the way he does is no accident.

2) He is a very smart player and will not have a problem learning any system, let alone if Daboll stays.

3) Najee is a great blocker. GREAT, and he developed into a fine receiver.

Whoever selects Najee will be getting a hard working, serious, very intelligent, fine player.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I am not pushing for the Bills to use a first round pick on Najee, but I disagree with those who think that he will last until we select in round 2. I do so for the following reasons:

1) Najee is a very strong kid and appears to be in perfect condition. The fact that he can leap over people the way he does is no accident.

2) He is a very smart player and will not have a problem learning any syatem, let alone if Daboll stays.

3) Najee is a great blocker. GREAT, and he developed into a fine receiver.

Whoever selects Najee will be getting a hard working, serious, very intelligent, fine player.

Cool and their expected Wins above Replacement won’t change one bit. I get it your a Bama fan. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So go back all those years we had an elite Running game. Now tell me how many playoffs were there. They FINALLY graduate to modern Football and people want to go back to wasting value picks on the WORST Value position on the Offense?  It is asinine. 

No it isn’t. And wrong on both points. Moss at RB1 with a pass first Modern offense will get us to SB and win it. Welcome to the Modern NFL. 

So if Moss was healthy do you feel we beat Kc?

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Modern football:  All the teams that won playoff games with the exception of the Bills had a potent running game.  KC, the defending champs drafted a RB in the 1st round last year.

You have no clue what modern football is, it requires a threat at RB, otherwise the D tees off on your one dimensional offense.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

22 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yes draft is all about value. 

BS. Maybe for you it is but plenty of good teams will see a guy they know will help them immediately and take him. Regardless of if they reached 10 spots to do so. ESPECIALLY in the end of the first. 

Don’t talk like value is an absolute. It’s not. and shouldn’t be.... should it be factored in though? Sure. 

• Like (+1) 1

Harris looks like a good prospect but spending a first round pick on a RB just isn’t a good use of our most valuable chips. You need to start hitting on valuable positions with these picks so that you’re paying a 10+ million caliber player $1 mil. The value just isn’t there with RBs. If you need a RB that can catch and pass protect just sign one for $2-3 mil and save the draft pick for a better value play. 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

So if Moss was healthy do you feel we beat Kc?

The lack of Running game isn’t the reason we lost to KC. 

3 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Modern football:  All the teams that won playoff games with the exception of the Bills had a potent running game.  KC, the defending champs drafted a RB in the 1st round last year.

You have no clue what modern football is, it requires a threat at RB, otherwise the D tees off on your one dimensional offense.  

Ummm we out rushed the chiefs. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Not as high on him, as others seem to be...maybe it’s because I prefer speed to power, since we already have Moss...but make no mistake, I see Moss as a Kenneth Davis type...we still need our Thurman...

Edited by JaCrispy

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

BS. Maybe for you it is but plenty of good teams will see a guy they know will help them immediately and take him. Regardless of if they reached 10 spots to do so. ESPECIALLY in the end of the first. 

Don’t talk like value is an absolute. It’s not. and shouldn’t be.... should it be factored in though? Sure. 

Must be so easy so point out those teams that reached for non value Point them Out.