Interesting "Practice" (I'll use the word loosely) by Allen

12 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Wasabi is Japanese horseradish......and is usually green.  If you like Japanese food, you know the taste.  I have had the peas, and yes, they will 'Kick you up a notch"

Unless you're in a high end place you are not getting real wasabi here in the states.  You are getting green colored horseradish most of the time. Real wasabi has a more mild flavor and far less bite than horseradish.  Its also way more expensive and has less shelf life.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

This was from an article from the Athletic, (need to be a subscriber)

Putting this into context, this happened early 2nd quarter right after the Chiefs scored their first TD so score 9-7 Bills.  Was in an article chronicling his final game of season.

After some brief throws on the sideline, Allen grabbed a packet of smelling salts and took a deep inhale at 7:21. He quickly shook his head back and forth three times and then waited to take the field.

My question is does this happen every time he goes onto the field.  Did this mean he was actually knocked a bit woozy last possession.  Sounds like something common place 30 years ago, in today's NFL would think the league would question the need for or is this a typical practice everyone in the league does?? 

I didn't know this before this season, but it's evidently still fairly common on NFL sidelines.

Tre' White did an interview where he described how one time he "pranked" Coach McDermott by holding "one of those vials they give us to get our heart rate up" under his nose "I could tell it got him, because he got really mad and gave me a glare" "they make a shiver go all through you"

Someone explained to me the vials are smelling salts.

After the Denver game Feliciano took a little poke at Josh posting on Instagram "When you're up 35-13 and your QB reaches for the Salts" over a picture of Allen inhaling the salts before taking the field, so they don't just use them when they're woozy.

Here's an article about it from 2017

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5050609/Craze-huffing-smelling-salts-sweeps-NFL-sidelines.html

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I didn't know this before this season, but it's evidently still fairly common on NFL sidelines.

Tre' White did an interview where he described how one time he "pranked" Coach McDermott by holding "one of those vials they give us to get our heart rate up" under his nose "I could tell it got him, because he got really mad and gave me a glare" "they make a shiver go all through you"

Someone explained to me the vials are smelling salts.

After the Denver game Feliciano took a little poke at Josh posting on Instagram "When you're up 35-13 and your QB reaches for the Salts" over a picture of Allen inhaling the salts before taking the field, so they don't just use them when they're woozy.

Here's an article about it from 2017

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5050609/Craze-huffing-smelling-salts-sweeps-NFL-sidelines.html

I remember as a kid they were literally in candy dishes at funeral homes to revive the grieving widow.

Know idea if that's still common practice.