FA Wish List

My preference this offseason is sign defense and draft offense. There are a ton of edge rushers available in free agency - Hendrickson, Barrett, Dupree, JJ Watt, Ingram, Clowney... I think we will see someone of that caliber on the Bills next year. I would love Richard Sherman in our scheme too but I'm guessing he'll go to the Jets. So I would mostly focus on re-signing our own players and make one splash signing on a DE.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Barrett (pass rush) 

Tomlinson (run stopper) 

Everett (TE) 

second level wants: 

Henry (TE--too expensive likely) 

L. Williams (DL) 

8 minutes ago, Whkfc said:

Hunter Henry to push Knox to TE 2.

I'd do it to add to Knox.  I think Henry is too expensive, I'm intrigued by G. Everett.  

7 minutes ago, IBTG81 said:

Judon wants $20 million a year  Forget that. 

He can want whatever he wants; he's not getting $20 million a year in a normal year, much less a year like this where teams don't have as much money as usual.

• Agree 1

Not getting into a specific player or players for Wish List, but one thing Beane has done consistently and outwardly stated is that he uses the FA period to fill their "needs" and then the Draft to BPA, which is why Fromm was chosen - because he was highest on their board at the time. So, that means if Beane stays true to his history and his philosophy as he's stated, we'll see exactly how he and McDermott view the team's greatest "need" based on who they target with their money.   

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Barrett (pass rush) 

Tomlinson (run stopper) 

Everett (TE) 

second level wants: 

Henry (TE--too expensive likely) 

L. Williams (DL) 

I'd do it to add to Knox.  I think Henry is too expensive, I'm intrigued by G. Everett.  

Id love Leonard Williams he is a beast and i believe young still as well.

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Hilton is already 31, will be 32 next season. I dont see that speed holding up.

Need to go younger to keep up (or even get ahead) of the top speed in the league.

If I'm set on replacing Brown, I'm looking at Waddle or the like, in the draft.

yes you don’t replace the old speed guy who’s lost a step with an older speed guy who’s lost a step. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

yes you don’t replace the old speed guy who’s lost a step with an older speed guy who’s lost a step. 

Then give me John Ross. If we came away with John Ross and Rhodes. I would consider that a successful FA. Barrett is my top get, but don’t think that is realistic. 

Let's sign Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny while we are at it with cap space we don't have while we are at it.  

If the cap is at $180 million you will have to cut or restructure a ton of guys in order to be active in free agency even if you let Milano, Williams, and Feliciano walk.   That $8.75 mil in cap space we could have saved if we cut Trent Murphy at the end of camp would look awfully good right now.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mc1320 said:

Let's sign Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny while we are at it with cap space we don't have while we are at it.  

If the cap is at $180 million you will have to cut or restructure a ton of guys in order to be active in free agency even if you let Milano, Williams, and Feliciano walk.   That $8.75 mil in cap space we could have saved if we cut Trent Murphy at the end of camp would look awfully good right now.

Well this is what happens when we don’t draft well enough. We have had years now to draft a high end pass rushers, but we suck at it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Would you take Ross over John Brown? 

Definitely not. Ross isn't better than Brown. He's just a guy who ran a really fast 40 time. He's not a particularly good WR. I don't want guys who are fast and unproductive. 

The Chiefs have speed and talent and I don't think we're going after a guy like Ross does much for us in terms of getting closer to beating them. 

Edited by Bangarang

PFF has Milano rated 37th and Williams as 40th rated free agents...

So...

I suspect both will move onto greener pastures so Cody Ford shifts to RT and possibly resign Feliciano is the best I think we can do.  In that case I can argue that the starting line returns and the depth would be younger and maybe a vet on a one year deal.

Replacement LB is already on team with a second or third round pick to be spent here...I have us taking CB in first round opposite Trey as we dont have the cash to shopping for the vet we have done in the past.

Remember to factor the 30+M for an extension for Josh Allen into your free agent budget this year.  We never had to do that but then again never had a franchise qb worthy.