The Bills have the 30th pick in the 2021 NFL Draft. (currently 8 picks)

2 hours ago, Michael1962 said:

Does anyone know why GB is picking before us?  They have the same record.  Perhaps a sos or coin flip?

55 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

First step is determining what UFAs we keep, then what UFAs we sign (March 17).  Would like to see a Diggs-like free agent pick up.  Maybe at RB?   

Then draft on April29.    BPA in rounds 1 and 2.   

We really need to draft an impact player on defense.  

This is the worst case scenario imo.  We’re much better off paying a free agent at another position and drafting a RB in rd 1 or 2.  

Please no high priced free agent RBs.  I’d be ok with Jeff Wilson getting 2-3 mill a year.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Am I bad person to wish this happens ? Frazier is a good guy but I trust McBeane to hire a good replacement. But more importantly, 2 additional 3rd rounders would be great. 

yeeha, 2 3rds is nice, even better, no more soft a** zone.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

First step is determining what UFAs we keep, then what UFAs we sign (March 17).  Would like to see a Diggs-like free agent pick up.  Maybe at RB?   

Then draft on April29.    BPA in rounds 1 and 2.   

We really need to draft an impact player on defense.  

This!

I would also add if we can, a highly rated FA pickup at DE. Hopefully Star Lotulelei will be back to help plug up the middle like he did in 2019 and not opt out like he did for 2020. Personally, I would also like to see some better run blocking OL-men. Maybe it was scheme related this year but it seems that the 2019 season we ran the ball better. Of course, we also had McCoy then. 

Edited by BigPappy

Messed around with Sim Draft (https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/). Traded out of 1st for a 2nd/3rd plus a 2 next year. Came up with the following: blast away!!

47. Tyson Campbell  CB Georgia

61. Rashad Weaver EDGE Pitt

77. Tyler Shelvin DT LSU

93. Jackson Carman OT Clemson

147. Garret Wallow LB TCU

160. JaCoby Stevens S LSU

190. Quinn Meinerz OG Wisconsin-Whitewater

201. Marlon Williams WR UCF

How about this mock?? Torch away!!

30. Najee Harris RB Alabama

68. Spencer Brown OT Northern Iowa

93. Greg Newsome II CB Northwestern

101. Joe Tryon EDGE Washington

147. Royce Newman OG Ole Miss

160. Malcolm Koonce EDGE Buffalo

190. Jordon Scott DT Oregon

201. Brian Robinson RB Alabama

2 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

It is hard to stockpile picks when you are drafting this low.  We miss out on the first 15.  We get one pick in the top 50. We get only 3 picks total on the first day. ... ... We do not have any big chips to trade off and this year, with the reduced caps, everyone is going to be shedding expensive FA's and looking for cheap rookie contracts.

There are studs to be had here you just can't draft based on need.  

But if that need is a RB and a Jonathan Taylor is there they better freaking take him.   

The Chiefs just took CEH in this same spot basically.  What do they know lol.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, CapeBreton said:

Are we sure that we actually have this pick? I can't find anything except that we received a conditional pick for Newhouse and I don't know what the conditions are.

We also traded our own 7th round pick to Cleveland in the Wyatt Teller trade.

https://amp.democratandchronicle.com/amp/4118083001

The Bills will roll over about $3.8 million from this year's salary cap into 2021, according to ESPN's Field Yates. Before the rollover, Buffalo is No. 18 in the NFL with $2.65 million in cap space. 

CBS has a mock draft and only 7 picks 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/offseason-blueprint-for-bills-to-take-next-step-in-2021-free-agent-targets-mock-draft-selections-and-more/amp/

Draft (mock selections)   

Round 1 - Nick Bolton, LB, Missouri

Round 2 - Deonte Brown, OG, Alabama

Round 3 - D'Wayne Eskridge, WR, Western Michigan

Round 5 - Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia

Round 5 - Jonathan Marshall, DL, Arkansas

Round 6 - William Bradley-King, EDGE, Baylor

Round 7 - Adrian Ealy, OT, Oklahoma

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

41 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

https://amp.democratandchronicle.com/amp/4118083001

The Bills will roll over about $3.8 million from this year's salary cap into 2021, according to ESPN's Field Yates. Before the rollover, Buffalo is No. 18 in the NFL with $2.65 million in cap space. 

CBS has a mock draft and only 7 picks 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/offseason-blueprint-for-bills-to-take-next-step-in-2021-free-agent-targets-mock-draft-selections-and-more/amp/

Draft (mock selections)   

Round 1 - Nick Bolton, LB, Missouri

Round 2 - Deonte Brown, OG, Alabama

Round 3 - D'Wayne Eskridge, WR, Western Michigan

Round 5 - Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia

Round 5 - Jonathan Marshall, DL, Arkansas

Round 6 - William Bradley-King, EDGE, Baylor

Round 7 - Adrian Ealy, OT, Oklahoma

Bolton is my #2 guy behind Collins. Have to go DL before OG. Marvin Wilson will help Ed Oliver. Already have a gadget guy in McKittrick. Rather go Kenny Yeboah at TE. CB at 5 is good. DL with 2nd 5th is good, but like Lorenzo Neal Jr. Bloodlines. Big guy with motor. 6-7th rd depth anywhere. May use 6 or 7 on Pooka Williams Jr or Jonathan Adams Jr

Edited by Solomon Grundy
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, papazoid said:

best player available.....as long as its a DE, OLB, CB, TE, RB, OL or someone who can defend a TE

I like that!

3 hours ago, Motorin' said:

I think that's bull#### that the #1 seed is picking over the #2 seed given they had the same record. 

Yes, weak sauce, especially since they had a 1st round bye and we didn't.  They are the #1 seed and we are the #2.  But, I guess that is the way it works.  It has been a while for us.........so be it!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

There are studs to be had here you just can't draft based on need.  

But if that need is a RB and a Jonathan Taylor is there they better freaking take him.   

The Chiefs just took CEH in this same spot basically.  What do they know lol.  

We pick at 30 and 62 and 94.   30 may not be too high.   Last year there were about 5-7 RB worthy of  pick in the top 50.  This year there are probably 3.  I don't know how the Bills and most of the teams rank the running backs this year, but last year a bunch were taken, many teams were already set and there may not be as much of rush on them.   If the Bills think that 30 is too high AND the RB will still be around (or there is a plan B guy), then they can trade down from 30 to a pick in the early 2nd round.  Actually, RB aside, I would like to see a trade down from 30 combined with a trade up from 62 to get two picks in the to 50.