the missing link - an Alvin Kamara-type player

21 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

The missing link is a pass rush. They have to upgrade DE and Edge players. Easiest way to do that is to move Edmunds outside, develope Epenesa, add a veteran, and draft two guys.

I agree with the pass rush we haven’t had one in a while we’re you went in a game thinking ok we can get after this guy. In the two playoff games were we needed a pass rush against two passing QB it was nonexistent you want win a super bowl like that. 

56 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

I'm no college guru to be sure - but I just watched highlights of several RBs and Gainwell stood out. Actually, several did. Javonte Williams, Chubba Hubbard, Hawkins.

To your point, not necessary to go RB in 1st round. 

I hear ya.  Gainwell is my dude. Best case scenario is landing him in rd 3, but I’m not holding my breath.  

I don’t he much of a difference between Najee Harris and Javonte Williams at this point.  Both are legit chain movers that can catch and bounce off tacklers.  

chubba reminds me of Gainwell with his straight one burst and take it to the house potential, but I don’t like him as much for w/e reason.  Hawkins, I like, would prefer him rd 4-5 but not sure if he lasts. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Explosive speed is needed on our offense, full stop.

We need to add different dimensions to the passing attack.

I would like to see it come from a big running TE first, but it can come out of the backfield too! 

It should not be limited in any way.

All resources go to this priority ahead of all others, at least if I'm running the team.

It’s #2, behind pass rush if I’m running the team

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

And none are explosive. 

I was actually being sarcastic. We do not have the fix for RB on this roster... I still think top 2 RB round 1 or top 4 RB round 2.  Id rather have one of the top 2 in round 1. 

We have had RB's wide freaken open RB's drop 1 yard passes that could have gone 10+ yards. neither their speed or catching abilities that scare defenses...

thus my sarcasm 

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

But he’s a first rd pick.  I feel we can get a similar talent in rd 2 or 3.  Gainwell and a Michael Carter are ballers imo.  Both very similar to etienne but won’t cost a 1st and surely weren’t carried by the talent around them

I hear you, but Etienne could be there at 30, which is basically a second rounder.  At that point it would be hard for any GM to say he’s not one of the best talents left on the board.   Because the Bills pick so late in each round those other players might not be available when the Bills pick in rd 2 or 3.  They are built to win now so usual operating procedures can be adjusted.

1 hour ago, purple haze said:

I hear you, but Etienne could be there at 30, which is basically a second rounder.  At that point it would be hard for any GM to say he’s not one of the best talents left on the board.   Because the Bills pick so late in each round those other players might not be available when the Bills pick in rd 2 or 3.  They are built to win now so usual operating procedures can be adjusted.

And that means our 2nd rd pick is almost a 3rd rd pick.

there are several pass rushers that could be had at 30 that could give us a boost.  Not many with our 2nd rd pick.....which is basically a 3rd.

I like etienne.....but I don’t think there’s any value in the pick.  I don’t think he’s much better than Gainwell and Carter 

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

And that means our 2nd rd pick is almost a 3rd rd pick.

there are several pass rushers that could be had at 30 that could give us a boost.  Not many with our 2nd rd pick.....which is basically a 3rd.

I like etienne.....but I don’t think there’s any value in the pick.  I don’t think he’s much better than Gainwell and Carter 

A pass rusher would help.  I think it comes down to what they decide to address in free agency.  Who they keep, who they cut or let walk away.