Does our O-Line Coach need to be replaced?

Big Turk

56 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Spread them out and create a light box. Most teams don't even have a fullback anymore. Why would you want more people around the LOS if your goal is to run the ball? Never made any sense to me.

The Bills did it with Thurman.  I totally agree.

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Spread them out and create a light box. Most teams don't even have a fullback anymore. Why would you want more people around the LOS if your goal is to run the ball? Never made any sense to me.

How does that work in goal line situations though? Being good between the hashes is important but when you are in the 20 and the other team knows you’re going to run the football you still need to be able to get the job done. I’d rather have 6-7 massive run blockers that can straight up overpower the other team into submission. Extra linemen, FB, two or three TEs that are skilled run blockers makes all the difference. Once again, with success in the run game, the other team still has to account for the play action. What do you take away if you’re them? Now we have multiple soft targets to attack.

I think our Oline coach is fine and doing a great job. Perhaps it's matchups. I got the impression that the Chiefs Dline was very aggressive, to the point of risking ejection. Maybe that had something to do with the Olines performance.

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Seems pretty asinine on its face considering how well the OLine pass protected almost all year long, but let me float this out there.

The Bills have one objective for the next decade.  Do whatever they need to so they can beat KC.  Anything or anyone that hinders their ability to do this needs to be changed or replaced.  The Bills faced the Chiefs twice this season. First time the OLine had its worst game of the year.  OK, it must be a one off. Allen got pressured 55% of his dropbacks.  It happens, they must have done something we were not expecting.  Then we play them again in the playoffs and once again the OLine looks terrible and Allen is pressured the most in any playoff game since ESPN started tracking pressures in 2009 at 47% of his dropbacks.  Now it is becoming a trend. We can't block KC properly.

So either KC is suddenly the Steel Curtain against us and well below average against the rest of the league or our OLine is not being properly coached to block what they are doing. I recognize that against the 31 other teams in the league our OLine is pretty damn good, picking up blitzes with ease and giving Allen a lot of time most games. But none of that matters anymore.  We are in a position where if someone is hindering our ability to win a game against KC no matter how good they are against the rest of the league in helping us win, they have to go.  

That was the biggest reason for the loss in the KC game. Allen was under constant pressure all game long.  Can't have it. Not against a team that normally isn't good at it. They need to figure it out and fast, and if Bobby Johnson can't help get this problem fixed then he has to go because we cannot play KC again and give ourselves no shot in the game due to letting a poor pass rushing team look like the 1985 Bears.

whoever failed to scheme up a double team on Jones needs to be on the hot seat

This is the correct line of thinking that all plans must be to beat the main competition

However, also need to ensure that the same methodology is used to win the division every year

won't even get to the Chiefs if we don't win the division

• Agree 1

Just now, RyanC883 said:

the players failed to execute.  WHy we left John seemingly one on one with Clark was confusing and likely a Daboll issue.  

Jones - not Clark

Faleciano was getting pushed into Allen's lap all day

he was physically over-matched

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, spartacus said:

Jones - not Clark

Faleciano was getting pushed into Allen's lap all day

he was physically over-matched

agreed.  Thanks, fixed it to Jones.  Don't know why I had Clark on the mind.  

Leaving John one on one was a total failure.