Chris Carson and Richard Sherman mocked to Buffalo in free agency

If the Bills resign Matt Milano & Jon Feliciano, which I believe they will try their hardest to do.......I don't think there's going to be much money left over for anything, but some lower level FA signings.

They really don't have the money to hand out to FA's.

I do expect then to move on from the following players to save a decent chunk of change:

-John Brown

-Mitch Morse

-Vernon Butler or Q. Jefferson (one's gotta go to make way for Stars return unless he retires, which wouldn't be a surprise)

-Lee Smith

& maybe

-Mario Addison

Might be better to save the $6.2M in cap room and get rid of a 34 yr old DE who had a very meh type of yr.

BTW our FA swing last yr on DL (Addison, Butler & Jefferson) was kind of a big swing and miss.  All those guys got pretty healthy multi ur. Deals, and they were not much better than replacement level players)

I don't see it.  But with Allen here it is nice to know Buffalo is a destination city for talented F/A's that want to win now.  Look how excited Beasley and Diggs were to come here to play with Josh..    On the defensive side,  lot's of opportunity here as well.

I don't want Sherman or Carson really. Sherman is at the point where he is best served switching to S and Carson cannot stay healthy for the life of him. The only RB's I would want in FA are Aaron Jones (but he will cost too much), Kenyan Drake (may think higher of himself than what we should offer), or Jeff Wilson (an RFA whom I don't believe we would be willing to pony up the compensation for). I might also take a look at Boston Scott, but he is an RFA as well. 

32 minutes ago, H2o said:

I don't want Sherman or Carson really. Sherman is at the point where he is best served switching to S and Carson cannot stay healthy for the life of him. The only RB's I would want in FA are Aaron Jones (but he will cost too much), Kenyan Drake (may think higher of himself than what we should offer), or Jeff Wilson (an RFA whom I don't believe we would be willing to pony up the compensation for). I might also take a look at Boston Scott, but he is an RFA as well. 

I like Sherman tbh.  In our defense its a lot of Cover 2 and Cover 4 coverage - so he doesn't necessarily need speed to play corner.  He's also had a lot of playoff experience. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Was reading early ideas on where the top free agents might go and they seem to be heavily connecting Sherman to the Bills for some reason but I like what I saw of Chris Carson but his health seems to be the biggest factor 

it’s been talked of Sherman coming. I don’t see why it would happen.

Carson isn’t better than current Bills backs

• Disagree 1

Frankly it’s unlikely that either of them are brought on board, both are to old, to slow, and to expensive. 

We need to up grade our run blocking schemes first and foremost, and Dane is the current up and coming CB2 as things stand presently. Sherman is just as slow as Norman and we have two RBs that are not what is called fast by NFL standards. This would be a step backwards or sideways at most. 

Go Bills!!!

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

This roster isn’t good enough to be cap strapped.  Beane is going to have to cut the fat... and find some value on the market. Neither of these two names represent value imo. 

Top 4 in the league. We're good enough for nearly anything.

And the reason we're cash strapped is largely the coronavirus-related depression of the cap number.

I don't see a lot of fat, myself. Though I agree those two don't look like they'd fit the value parameters we're likely to have to use in our current situation.

4 hours ago, SCBills said:

Every Bills fan begging for speed this offseason...

Here’s a mock that gives y’all an old corner and a power back

Sherman is a lesser version of Josh Norman to me. He would not be the worst signing but doubt he brings much upside.

5 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Was reading early ideas on where the top free agents might go and they seem to be heavily connecting Sherman to the Bills for some reason but I like what I saw of Chris Carson but his health seems to be the biggest factor 

No and No

11 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I don’t like these moves.