Yeldon did a really good job

tbonehawaii

He did look good. It is obvious he can catch the ball like a receiver. I was trying to watch how he did at picking up pressure and I did not see any mistakes, he handled what he was supposed to. And he looks more than adequate as a runner.

I know many have said it, but I can't figure out why he did not get more playing time this season. He will be playing for someone next year. He will never be a star, but I see him as a very productive 3rd down back--especially on a pass-happy team. Know any teams like that?

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, CSBill said:

He did look good. It is obvious he can catch the ball like a receiver. I was trying to watch how he did at picking up pressure and I did not see any mistakes, he handled what he was supposed to. And he looks more than adequate as a runner.

I know many have said it, but I can't figure out why he did not get more playing time this season. He will be playing for someone next year. He will never be a star, but I see him as a very productive 3rd down back--especially on a pass-happy team. Know any teams like that?

With how much we passed this year it’s mind boggling why Yeldon wasn’t used more

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 7

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Good for him.  He is a FA and will give him a chance to get a job in free agency.

Yeah, that makes a heap of sense for the Bills--get rid of what may be their best receiver at running back, and a good runner too, simply  because Dabol, again, made a significant personnel mistake by almost never using what could be a high quality weapon.

He had almost 500 yards receiving yards in his last year at Jacksonville, and very big for a running back, looks almost like tight end out there.

He is 27 years old.

I cannot imagine why the Bills would get rid of someone like this. And then watch what he could do on another team next year?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2

5 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Yeah, that makes a heap of sense for the Bills--get rid of what may be their best receiver at running back, and a good runner too, simply  because Dabol, again, made a significant personnel mistake by almost never using what could be a high quality weapon.

He had almost 500 yards receiving yards in his last year at Jacksonville, and very big for a running back, looks almost like tight end out there.

He is 27 years old.

I cannot imagine why the Bills would get rid of someone like this. And then watch what he could do on another team next year?

He's not under contract. And we're already cap-strapped before we try to re-sign Milano, Daryl Williams and Feliciano, not to even mention Andre Roberts.

I like Yeldon too, but it's not an easy or obvious decision.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

He was paid nicely to basically practice here for two years. 
We kinda wasted two years of his prime. He probably has been packed and ready to leave for weeks. I’m sure he’ll be excited to test free agency and maybe find a better spot for playing time. Or maybe a coach who likes him 😂😂 

I was excited when we signed him. 
Baffled we couldn’t play him over Gore. After drafting Moss felt kinda bad for him knowing he’d never play this year. 

• Like (+1) 2

For all the Moss is a beast, Yeldon is listed at a higher weight then the other two.  He is a perfect third back, and McKenzie is the younger version of Lorax as Swiss knife.  What I mean is he is a WR, returner when needed, CB like in game 17 2019, and with end arounds like a RB.  

Yeldon is a RB almost like a short yardage WR.  I believe it was a mistake not to use him more.  But, I’m not McD amd trust him.

• Like (+1) 1

He also looked great when he ran straight into one of his teammates backs as he was blocking a db, that could’ve sprung him for an additional 10+ yards...if he would’ve just ran a yard to right or the left.....instead of into his teammates back.  

makes no sense other than he doesn’t have cutting ability to make the move.  

He played well.  He was our best back sunday but not because he’s that good, but because Motor isn’t that good.  He needed to have himself a game....and he failed and should now be gone.  Sorry Lil man.  I was a fan, but your time getting touches on this team should be up.  Keep him in Yeldons spot as 3rd string.  I doubt Yeldon comes back

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He also looked great when he ran straight into one of his teammates backs as he was blocking a db, that could’ve sprung him for an additional 10+ yards...if he would’ve just ran a yard to right or the left.....instead of into his teammates back.  

makes no sense other than he doesn’t have cutting ability to make the move.  

He played well.  He was our best back sunday but not because he’s that good, but because Motor isn’t that good.  He needed to have himself a game....and he failed and should now be gone.  Sorry Lil man.  I was a fan, but your time getting touches on this team should be up.  Keep him in Yeldons spot as 3rd string.  I doubt Yeldon comes back

Yeah, plays like running into your own blockers.... that never happens in football.

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Rewatch the play and tell me how often that occurs.  It was a terrible run

He had 3 carries since week 6 or something.

He still averaged 5 yards a carry on Sunday. I'm more worried that our backs that played all year avg'd less than 4 ypc and can't catch a ball.. than a guy that was inactive all year and had >50 yards in the AFCCG

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, CSBill said:

Looked like early 4th qtr Allen had to rush the missed TD throw to diggs because of pressure on yeldons side. Then almost got sacked the next play where he ran for big yardage. Might've been more but didnt check. He also got Allen sacked last week in his 1st or 2nd play in baltimore game