I bet Diggs will ask for a new contract

DCofNC

6 hours ago, Magox said:

Fun fact.

John Brown had his best season ever in his first year with the Bills with Josh Allen as his QB.

Beasley had his first two years with the Bills  with Josh Allen as his QB.

Diggs had his best year ever with Josh Allen as the QB.

Josh Allen is the common denominator.

Saying Josh will make 35-40 million a year will end up being farther off than 50-60 million a year.

Josh will most likely get a 10 year 500 million deal.

While the taste of defeat is fresh I’d quickly offer josh 8 years fully guaranteed for $160M and tell him he can work with Beane on how the extra $15M a year is spent. Also provide him with player option to renegotiate after year 4 as salary cap changes.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's not like Hopkins is bringing home $25M or $18.9M this year or next

https://overthecap.com/player/deandre-hopkins/2208/

Pretty close to that.  He took home $29M this season (signing bonus) and will make $13.75M next season (42.75 million in his first two years).  Doc is correct though in that he's getting $18.9M per season over five years.

So, average yearly salary between Diggs and Hopkins this previous year and next year.

Hopkins - About 21.38 million

Diggs - About 13.52 million

That's quite the difference.

Edited by Doc Brown

2 hours ago, iccrewman112 said:

While the taste of defeat is fresh I’d quickly offer josh 8 years fully guaranteed for $160M and tell him he can work with Beane on how the extra $15M a year is spent. Also provide him with player option to renegotiate after year 4 as salary cap changes.

$160 mm per year or $160 total for 8 years? 

• Haha (+1) 1

Diggs is getting an extra $1.3M this year by exceeding 2 separate (Receptions and Yards) incentives.

He stands to make an extra $1.5M if he repeats this coming year.

I agree with the others that nothing will be done with his contract this year.

2022 is a whole new story!

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/25/2021 at 11:38 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

When he was traded to Buffalo, Diggs renegotiated his contract and the Bills added $11M in guarantees to his 2021 salary.

The Bills have a smart front office and they knew that contract would likely be an issue before they traded.  

They also know that Diggs needs clear communication which he didn’t have in Minnesota.

When they renegotiated his deal, I would be shocked if Beane didn’t discuss their plan on regards to an extension.

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Diggs is getting an extra $1.3M this year by exceeding 2 separate (Receptions and Yards) incentives.

He stands to make an extra $1.5M if he repeats this coming year.

I agree with the others that nothing will be done with his contract this year.

2022 is a whole new story!

That’s what I think.  If he puts up another 100 reception season and if the Bills are one of the best teams again, I can totally see it

On 1/25/2021 at 10:22 PM, DCofNC said:

He clearly out played his deal this year, I bet he threatens a hold out if he doesn’t get paid to match production. All this FA talk and we are about to enter the situation with 50-60M a year in the QB and 1 WR, lots of people are going to be gone.

I have always liked Diggs and I think he is a top 10 ten WR in The NFL. I would pay him around 17 mil a year and I think that would be a fair deal.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Diggs is not the malcontent that people made him out to be.....and I think he understands just how close he is to the prize.

He isnt going to make unrealistic demands of the organization that is going to take away from those chances by having to cut quality players in order to keep him

jmo

Agree I think Diggs is realistic. The reality is the Bills are going to ask him for a favour to help their cap and in return they will agree to help Stef with a realistic amount of new money.

On 1/25/2021 at 8:56 PM, JGMcD2 said:

My gut tells me the guy who stood on the field crying while talking to his QB and then was on the field watching the other team celebrate and didn't leave until his HC came out to console him and bring him into the locker is more concerned about being a great teammate and winning, rather than the biggest pay day. 

Instead of realizing that, we have people claiming he was grandstanding and making it about himself...  now on top of that he's going to hold out for a new deal after we already gave him more money up front?

Dude for real.  People complain and just want to be negative around here.  

That moment of him on the field was special and should have everyone even more amped about him.  Yet people were peeing in his cereal saying he was grandstanding was such a bunch of BS.

This team and staff couldn’t love Diggs more as a teammate and the feeling is clearly mutual.

He will not be holding out for money after Beane just immediately did right by him renegotiating him already when he got here to give him more money and us more cap flexibility to put the best team around him.  To speculate this holdout is just silly to me.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Dude for real.  People complain and just want to be negative around here.  

That moment of him on the field was special and should have everyone even more amped about him.  Yet people were peeing in his cereal saying he was grandstanding was such a bunch of BS.

This team and staff couldn’t love Diggs more as a teammate and the feeling is clearly mutual.

He will not be holding out for money after Beane just immediately did right by him renegotiating him already when he got here to give him more money and us more cap flexibility to put the best team around him.  To speculate this holdout is just silly to me.

This is where McDermott’s culture comes into play. 

Dawkins, Tre and Josh are legit stars that get how things go and set the tone for how players are to react to things. 2/3 have received their money and are happy as clams, the other one is going to get PAID. This regime takes care of their guys... when the time is right. They’ve proven that. 

You nailed it, they already treated Diggs with respect from Day 1. He knows that they take care of guys when it’s the appropriate time, and he will get taken care of. He LOVES his teammates and you can tell. It was that way in MIN too... and they all loved him right back... he just didn’t trust the front office because they lied to him, and it’s documented. 

The issue is that some of us follow this team to varying degrees. Somebody like me and presumably you know all of the nitty gritty because we’ve consumed every piece of content imaginable related to this team. Others are still HUGE fans, but maybe they don’t have the ability to know all the details. 

If someone actually knows Diggs, they KNOW he’s a catalyst for positive things to come. 

On 1/26/2021 at 10:05 AM, iccrewman112 said:

And he’d laugh at you, then he’d tell Kim to fire you and you’d be working for the Jets