I bet Diggs will ask for a new contract

DCofNC

He clearly out played his deal this year, I bet he threatens a hold out if he doesn’t get paid to match production. All this FA talk and we are about to enter the situation with 50-60M a year in the QB and 1 WR, lots of people are going to be gone.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1

I’ve been saying it all season and honestly, he should. It’s the nfl and you need to take advantage of any leverage you have. The Bills gave up a 1st round to get him, say a qb who never completed 60% of his passes on any level become a MVP candidate, and set receiving records.  He has the Bills by the balls if he wants it. And if blows out his knee next year and his production dips, the Bills would use that leverage too. The nfl is a cold business. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’ve been saying it all season and honestly, he should. It’s the nfl and you need to take advantage of any leverage you have. The Bills gave up a 1st round to get him, say a qb who never completed 60% of his passes on any level become a MVP candidate, and set receiving records.  He has the Bills by the balls if he wants it. And if blows out his knee next year and his production dips, the Bills would use that leverage too. The nfl is a cold business. 

You could also state that “QB” provided Diggs his best season as a pro and one of the best ever as a WR!!!  But, you could never bring yourself to add that as a caveat!

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

He clearly out played his deal this year, I bet he threatens a hold out if he doesn’t get paid to match production. All this FA talk and we are about to enter the situation with 50-60M a year in the QB and 1 WR, lots of people are going to be gone.

I bet if he threatens a hold out Beane says "hold out then", because a GM can't effectively manage cap and build a roster if players who are under contract for 3 more years all demand a new contract with more money after they have a good year.

Beane's pattern seems to be to renegotiate and extend contracts when guys have about a year left (see Poyer, Dawkins, White)

Diggs will have to make up his mind is he all about winning and being a great teammate or all about trying to wring out the biggest payday as fast as he can.  He won't be putting up all-pro numbers if the QB who's throwing to him is sitting on his ass or getting the ***** beaten out of him behind a crap OL, or if there isn't at least one other legit threat on the field with him.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

You’re a Dolphins fan who cares what you think 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

he’s already on a $72 million dollar deal. Bills restructured his contract to pay him more this year. I’m not sure he’s holding out for a few more mil. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

When he was traded to Buffalo, Diggs renegotiated his contract and the Bills added $11M in guarantees to his 2021 salary.

People seem to forget that his contract was tweaked to give him more guaranteed money and lower the hit in case the salary cap dropped due to Covid. Beane and Diggs agent were upfront, transparent, and negotiated for this already. Diggs won’t hold out this year, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see a 2022 extension. Beane communicates with these guys and their agents.... folks have to get used to that after far too many years of Brandon and other inept execs commanding Overdorf. 

Edited by Buffalo Junction
  • Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

When he was traded to Buffalo, Diggs renegotiated his contract and the Bills added $11M in guarantees to his 2021 salary.

I remembered they did a tweak. 
I can’t expect he’ll make some big deal out of this. He seems very happy here 

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I bet if he threatens a hold out Beane says "hold out then", because a GM can't effectively manage cap and build a roster if players who are under contract for 3 more years all demand a new contract with more money after they have a good year.

Beane's pattern seems to be to renegotiate and extend contracts when guys have about a year left (see Poyer, Dawkins, White)

Diggs will have to make up his mind is he all about winning and being a great teammate or all about trying to wring out the biggest payday as fast as he can.  He won't be putting up all-pro numbers if the QB who's throwing to him is sitting on his ass or getting the ***** beaten out of him behind a crap OL, or if there isn't at least one other legit threat on the field with him.

My gut tells me the guy who stood on the field crying while talking to his QB and then was on the field watching the other team celebrate and didn't leave until his HC came out to console him and bring him into the locker is more concerned about being a great teammate and winning, rather than the biggest pay day. 

Instead of realizing that, we have people claiming he was grandstanding and making it about himself...  now on top of that he's going to hold out for a new deal after we already gave him more money up front?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

This is nothing but a thread to inspire fear from a non Bills fan.  Be prepared for many more trying to cry the sky is falling because their team didn’t go to the AFCC game, and they will cite I’ve been a fan since .....

It was already said well he renegotiated last year to make him happy.  What evidence does anyone have he’s so unhappy with his contract.  Wouldn’t you think Beane was smart enough to speak with his agent last year about the plan in how to build a championship team.  He’s not asking for a hometown discount, just be patient and in a  couple of years, they will probably extend again his contract.

I love Diggs just as much as anyone, but the media perception of why he was traded was because he wasn’t worth the trouble anymore.

I doubt him and his agent want to continue his past poor reputation. If he holds out, then he has proven the media and general sports fan true. His value will then go down and then no organization will give him a pay bump. 

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Hopkins has an average annual salary of a little over 27 million a year.  Diggs average is 14.4 million per year.  He's crazy if he doesn't demand a raise.

Listen to the audio after the go ahead TD catch against the Cardinals. Diggs screams out that’s why you pay me. I’m trying to link the clip.