Josh's Skin Coloring Yesterday

saundena

16 hours ago, Dukestreetking said:

Very well-played my friend. Damn you for thinking of that first.

PS: this is clearly the best of the 847 new threads over the last 24h.

We're all searching for answers to what went wrong in that game.  Emotions run high when you're a Bills fan.  I was speaking with a close friend, Theresa, she's into all this new age positivity and energy, hell, she blamed me for being so negative in the second quarter.  We argued for quite a while after the game, back and forth until it got very late.  

I thought she was full of it, and told her so.  I said..."Blame it on the lines that killed us, blame it on the Chiefs that ran us down, you can blame it all on me Terry it don't matter to me now.  When the breakdown hit 'round midnight there was nothing left to say, but I hated them, and hated you for what you had to say.". 

(forgive me)

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 hours ago, saundena said:

Was it just me, or did Josh's skin color look "off" yesterday?  I watched it at a bar with multiple TV's and he seemed to have a yellowish complexion.  Regardless of which TV I looked at, his skin coloring just seemed off, at least compared to the other white guys on the team- he just didn't look right.  I mentioned it to the person next to me and said that he looked jaundiced and they agreed too.  Just wondering if anybody else saw that.   Maybe he wasn't 100% healthy?

Did the TV have a UHF and VHF dial on it?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I thought she was full of it, and told her so.  I said..."Blame it on the lines that killed us, blame it on the Chiefs that ran us down, you can blame it all on me Terry it don't matter to me now.  When the breakdown hit 'round midnight there was nothing left to say, but I hated them, and hated you for what you had to say.". 

No f'ing way!! Hilarious. Board winner.

Is that based on my "Badlands" ref the other day...or do you just dig "Backstreets"...or is this another clever flame over flame?

I'm so confused; think I need some new juju crystals. Please ask your friend for best price.

On second thought, tell Terry it don't matter to me now.

Edited by Dukestreetking
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Dukestreetking said:

No f'ing way!! Hilarious. Board winner.

Is that based on my "Badlands" ref the other day...or do you just dig "Backstreets"...or is this another clever flame over flame?

I'm so confused; think I need some new juju crystals. Please ask your friend for best price.

"Slow dancing in the dark on the beach at Stockton's Wing

Where desperate lovers park 

We sat with the last of the Duke Street Kings."

Reads a little creepier than it should here--but I saw your screen name a week or two ago and the song has been stuck in my head ever since.  One of my favorite songs back in college, and beyond.   I may flip it on for the ride home.  Plus, a few little tweaks and it almost made sense for the game. 

Great screen name.  

Peace!  

• Like (+1) 1

Josh's dad has been battling COVID.  As a human being, I am sure this impacts him quite a bit.  When a family member is hospitalized, it puts other things into perspective (even something like an AFC Championship game).  I know he had an amazing game after his grandma passed away and will never utter an excuse, but it's possible this could have had something to do with it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

"Slow dancing in the dark on the beach at Stockton's Wing

Where desperate lovers park 

We sat with the last of the Duke Street Kings."

Reads a little creepier than it should here--but I saw your screen name a week or two ago and the song has been stuck in my head ever since.  One of my favorite songs back in college, and beyond.   I may flip it on for the ride home.  Plus, a few little tweaks and it almost made sense for the game. 

Great screen name.  

Peace!  

Copy, roger all.

Funny, "DSK" was my call sign for so many years; sometimes I forget it's origin in this beautiful, evocative piece of music.

Well, "train roll on"...it's Tuesday after all. So out to you, and thanks for the laugh.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

It was that way from looking at the coaches game plan... 😂😁👍

I joke, I joke 😁👍

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Josh has given his everything to the city and it’s fans. Hell of an improvement this year for him and the Bills.

Looked fine to me. Beane needs to find some guys that will bend to the playoff rules instead of playing nice until it’s too late. 

The Bills should be chasing speed and physicality with each and every roster decision. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, krf139 said:

Josh's dad has been battling COVID.  As a human being, I am sure this impacts him quite a bit.  When a family member is hospitalized, it puts other things into perspective (even something like an AFC Championship game).  I know he had an amazing game after his grandma passed away and will never utter an excuse, but it's possible this could have had something to do with it.

I agree, 

I think when someone passes away there's a finality to it thats much different then worrying about losing someone. Moms and Dads especially. I remember working on an engineering project years back as-building the city Atlanta, Ga to remedy flooding problems. My late Dad was back home in Augusta and in very poor health with an aortic aneurysm. Doctors weren't sure he would survive an operation. The worry became to much for me and I had to resign. Spent time with my family through the operation and recovery before going back to work. Dad was a stickler about on the job dependability. I would like to think he understood my reasoning. Although we never spoke of it afterwards.

Moms and Dads are special people. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

16 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Josh has given his everything to the city and it’s fans. Hell of an improvement this year for him and the Bills.

Looked fine to me. Beane needs to find some guys that will bend to the playoff rules instead of playing nice until it’s too late. 

The Bills should be chasing speed and physicality with each and every roster decision. 

Couldn't agree more. It's so incredibly frustrating to see other teams push the boundaries regarding holding, grasping etc. We play by the book and get punished for it.  The Patriots got away with murder for years and now that advantage has moved to KC. No more complying. No more nice.