Daboll apologized to Beasley, Diggs after loss

Michael1962

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I understand Josh's anger toward Okafor.  The point is that Okafor was abusing Josh so much because Feliciano and Co. were saving their best work for after the whistle.  They let him take a beating the entire second half, so they don't get to be all uppity after they let their QB get taken hard to the ground yet again.  It's a ridiculous look.

Feliciano's energy would have better spent before his QB was on his back.   Dawkins too.  After that little show by the fellas on the O-line, the Chiefs were laughing at them and pointing to the scoreboard.

I get that....but that doesn’t mean you don’t go after them when they continue to abuse our QB.  

I get what you’re saying. I just don’t think their bad play means they can’t stand up for their QB when he gets cheap shorted.  And he was

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I get that....but that doesn’t mean you don’t go after them when they continue to abuse our QB.  

I get what you’re saying. I just don’t think their bad play means they can’t stand up for their QB when he gets cheap shorted.  And he was

It was a bad look.  You want to throw down? throw down.  This was the NFL equivalent of NBA slap fight with "hold me back!".  They were laughed at.

Okafor blows by and is chasing Josh deeper backwards and the O-line is jogging around a bit like the play is over.  They only start sprinting back toward Josh after he is thrown to the ground.

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

It was a bad look.  You want to throw down? throw down.  This was the NFL equivalent of NBA slap fight with "hold me back!".  They were laughed at.

Okafor blows by and is chasing Josh deeper backwards and the O-line is jogging around a bit like the play is over.  They only start sprinting back toward Josh after he is thrown to the ground.

It was a frustrating game.  They were frustrating.  I’ve already said it was a bad look.  I’m just not mad at them

The Nfl  decided to pretty much throw the flags away and just let them go at it. Kc pretty much mauled  our receivers all over the field. 

We chose not to play that type of ball and it just manifested at the end. We should have had Milano or someone at least pop Kelce every single time off the line. Disrupt him, throw off timing, inflict some physicality.. anything 

We just sat back. 

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life

The Bills’ coaching staff will get a front row seat from their couches in two weeks to see how more experienced and/or aggressive coaches scheme up KC.  Brady will know what to do against tight man coverage and late safety robber rotation, and Bowles will have a far more aggressive plan for Mahomes than McDermott and Frazier did.  They should take notes.

53 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Feliciano's energy would have better spent before his QB was on his back.   Dawkins too.  After that little show by the fellas on the O-line, the Chiefs were laughing at them and pointing to the scoreboard.

So you're a Bills fan, hey? I wouldn't want you as teammate!

As for Feliciano and Dawkins, I love them, but yeah, it was somehow they're worse game of the year. Feliciano, a force usually, was pushed back a lot. Maybe he was injured or just outmatched, only he and the coaches know. Chiefs D looked elite. I didn't expect that! Insane pressure on Josh, but mostly, the receivers were blanketed all night. WTH

Edited by Jerome007

14 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Its almost like Debol was replaced my a body double yesterday......WTF HAPPENED

Most our key WR were banged up. 

KC knew this and played an aggressive man scheme. Usually we light up man but guys were too banged up to consistently win. So they could double Diggs with not much threat of being beat deep by anyone else 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Most our key WR were banged up. 

KC knew this and played an aggressive man scheme. Usually we light up man but guys were too banged up to consistently win. So they could double Diggs with not much threat of being beat deep by anyone else 

This makes sense--hence the return look to more our 2018 O version than what we'd grown accustomed to this year--Josh's running stats also support this. 

16 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The entire team struggled yesterday except for our rookie kicker.  (I'll cut him some slack on the missed extra point considering the pair of 50+ yarders)

All in all, a fantastic season and I agree with Beasley, there is nothing for Daboll to apologize about.  We made the AFC championship game and lost to the best team in the NFL in their house.  

In addition to the pair of 50+ yarders there were two great on-sides kicks. We recovered one, the second was almost a repeat of the first as far as the path of the ball. Obviously KC recovered the second. But if Bass can replicate those kicks why not do it every time against the Chiefs. If they recover, it isn't like we did a lot to slow them down until the ball got to our side of the field. No sense in tiring out the defense chasing those guys around for 75 yards, just give them the first 30, shorten up the field. If we recover 1 out of 4 kicks we're ahead of the game. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I understand Josh's anger toward Okafor.  The point is that Okafor was abusing Josh so much because Feliciano and Co. were saving their best work for after the whistle.  They let him take a beating the entire second half, so they don't get to be all uppity after they let their QB get taken hard to the ground yet again.  It's a ridiculous look.

I believe it was Romo who commented on this on the broadcast - pretty close to your words, something to the effect of "he should put that energy into blocking so there isn't a sack"

Marlon Humphrey commented on the blocking as well:

Did you see Mitch Morse' postgame presser?  Right at the beginning, he was asked about pressure and said:

"Yeah, Got to give Kudos to Josh for making plays with his feet, It comes down to communication, especially in the first half, we had some miscommunication in the second half (stuff about silent cadence that they haven't had to use all year) For us, it really comes down to communication but Josh really helped us out a lot with his feet and we can't thank him enough for that."

It just struck me as really weird - dissociated?  He's saying they screwed up protections due to miscommunication and instead of being like "we need to do a better job communicating so we can keep Josh clean and let him make plays" he's THANKING him?

Maybe I just don't "get" how it is between the O-line and the QB

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

As for Feliciano and Dawkins, I love them, but yeah, it was somehow they're worse game of the year. Feliciano, a force usually, was pushed back a lot. Maybe he was injured or just outmatched, only he and the coaches know. Chiefs D looked elite. I didn't expect that! Insane pressure on Josh, but mostly, the receivers were blanketed all night. WTH

Why not?  Given how much I was being paid to do so, I would spend more effort keeping you off your back than pushing around your attacker after he wrecked you again.  You would prefer that I bet.  Certainly better than watching your mates loose their stool as your opponent laughs at them. 

How proud were Williams and Feliciano over "sticking up for Josh"----after they saw the film of that debacle (them giving up on the play while Josh was still running for his life).  

Feliciano wasn't injured--look at that Pro Bowl lick he put on Okafor's blind side.

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I believe it was Romo who commented on this on the broadcast - pretty close to your words, something to the effect of "he should put that energy into blocking so there isn't a sack"

Marlon Humphrey commented on the blocking as well:

Romo never struggles with the obvious.

4 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The Bills’ coaching staff will get a front row seat from their couches in two weeks to see how more experienced and/or aggressive coaches scheme up KC.  Brady will know what to do against tight man coverage and late safety robber rotation, and Bowles will have a far more aggressive plan for Mahomes than McDermott and Frazier did.  They should take notes.

I am sure they will

4 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

I will throw out there again, in Morse postgame presser, he mentioned communication as an issue on OL.  It is possible that was a factor in some of the whiffs people are putting on Mongo, that he and Morse were not on the same page with what the protection call was supposed to be.

There were issues with communication earlier in the season where someone (might have been Wood) pointed out that Winters appeared to whiff badly on a block leading to a strip-sack of Allen near the goal line, but Morse went L when he should have gone R.  (2nd Jets game).  In his presser after that one, Morse alluded to it saying words to the effect of "there's nothing worse than looking back to see your QB crushed on the ground and knowing it's because of a technical error you made".

On 1/26/2021 at 1:14 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

There were issues with communication earlier in the season where someone (might have been Wood) pointed out that Winters appeared to whiff badly on a block leading to a strip-sack of Allen near the goal line, but Morse went L when he should have gone R.  (2nd Jets game).  In his presser after that one, Morse alluded to it saying words to the effect of "there's nothing worse than looking back to see your QB crushed on the ground and knowing it's because of a technical error you made".

I will put the positive spin: when it comes to pass blocking (NOT run blocking!), that Bills OL was superb this year. Very few communication breakdowns. Some of that credit comes to Daboll and coaches (many plays with 6-7 blockers at times, non obvious plays, etc.), Josh for adjusting protection before the snap... but of course a lot of that credit goes to Morse and the OL.

But yeah, the Chiefs wasn't one of those games... I wonder why. My first guess is good gameplan by KC but who knows. I expected the offensive juggernaut but not the Chiefs D to look so dominant. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/26/2021 at 8:54 AM, Jerome007 said:

Dude, WEO is a Pats fan who posts here.  To his credit he does know a lot about our roster for a opposing fan but he goes out of his way to be critical.  If the Pats had done the same thing defending their QB he would be on here saying that it is the model to follow.

I think from what little i've read that Dabol has a unique relationship with his WR's where he's not afraid for them to give him input to what they are seeing on the field to make the offense even better .

Dabol can see from above but to have a on the field view and input is a bit more old school in thought that if you've not been on the field as a player you can't know what routes might work against a opponent better than others with that relationship then throw in the mix Dorsey it's a good player/coaching mix .

On 1/26/2021 at 8:36 AM, Coach Tuesday said:

Exactly. What I don’t understand tho is how McD and Frazier could have come up with such a stupid gameplan. They are both good and experienced coaches. They should not need to be schooled by anyone. When you are going against the best offence and QB in the league with multiple weapons, your best strategy is to do what you can to disrupt their execution with pressure even if you risk being burned. You absolutely have to play aggressively. Rushing 4 leaves Mahomes all the time he needs to pick you apart especially when you fail to play man against a player like Kelce and don’t selectively double cover him. Staying in zone is a lot like not covering him at all. Finding the seams/open areas is what he does. Simple pitch and catch all day long. 

Agree about the Bucs. And thats one reason why I think they will beat KC. If they lose it will be because Brady screws up.

On 1/25/2021 at 3:59 PM, whorlnut said:

Daboll should apologize to the entire offense. Completely went into a shell on the big stage. 

Yeah Brian blew his HC stock last week. Very surprised to see him have another "head scratcher" game. He's had a few of these. Daboll has alot of work to do this offseason. He has to show more commitment to the run game or Josh will get killed.