Daboll apologized to Beasley, Diggs after loss

Michael1962

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

No one looks good when they got absolutely slapped at the line of scrimmage for the millionth time in a night....and then go get some shots in AFTER YOUR QB IS HARD ON HIS BACK!  lol.   If you can't handle the man in front of you before the whistle blows,  you don't get to go at him after.  Actually stand up for you r QB....

total clown moves.  

What? Feliciano didn't come in like the cavalry because Josh was on his back but to protect him as Josh wouldn't have it  and threw the football in the dude's helmet. Dawkins gets the "self-control" award of the night as you could tell he had to urge to kick that SOB in the head ha ha. I had to laugh at the rules when the refs actually called all the right penalties... and they simply offset! Math is just too hard it seems.

Daboll yesterday sure didn't have an answer for the blitzes. Nor free up Diggs. And whoever, probably McD, decided to not got on 4th twice while close to the goal line... damn!

While the Bills D kept doing blitzes... to no avail. At the end, I got it. They were in all or nothing mode so I was OK with it, like the last Kelce TD, they sent the house. But before that point, WTH were they doing? 

2 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Lol yes you’re reaching. Just cause Diggs and Beasley were together when he said it doesn’t mean he didn’t say it to other players or the whole offense at some point. 

Yeah these last 2 games with the Ravens & Chiefs are hardly something Brian wants to put on a resume. Just wierd odd calls. Totally inconsistent with the way he called games during the regular season? 

3 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

Interesting that Daboll didn’t apologize to John Brown. That may be a sign that John Brown may be gone. Maybe I’m reaching though

I think you're reaching way past the information provided.  Beasley can only speak to what he observed.  He said Daboll apologized to Diggs and to himself.

That provides no information about what Daboll may have said to anyone else.

2 hours ago, jkeerie said:

It does make you wonder, as much as they are denying it, were Daboll and Frazier distracted by the allure of potential head coaching gigs and not 100% in their game planning.  Even subconsciously it can have an effect.

I had wondered this myself. 

TBH, though, I think the whole team was super-fired-up for the Division round win against the "unstoppable" Lamar Jackson and perhaps the Party Hats didn't come off soon enough to dial in against the Chiefs.

The whole team - coaches, players, everyone - just had a feel of being tentative, holding back, not playing to "go for the throat".

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

Exactly. I hate this rule and no jobs should be offered and no interviews given until after the season ends for all teams. It's only a few weeks. Everyone can hold their horses and wait it out so it is fair to all teams and not a distraction.

This ^^^ X 1000 

Man, I have been hard on Daboll. But let’s be honest. His nfl resume as an OC before this season sucked.

now, after what he has done with Allen and this offense, he has nothing to apologize for. For the first time in forever, scoring 2 tds in a game wasn’t a major accomplishment for Buffalo. Dude killed it this year. Excited he’s coming back and Allen is getting his 4th year with the same OC, which never happens. Only good things ahead. 

5 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Daboll sucked the entire post season, I don’t care what anybody says the interviews for other jobs changed his focus.  He became the loser he was last year, right when it mattered. 

I agree to a degree. The post season is something all the coaches need to get used to and make adjustments as they go. 

Look at Dabolls history and I was very against him at first. The thing is... the man is learning as he goes just like Josh Allen is learning. Yes, his past history as an OC has sucked and even this season the Bills never had a top rushing attack. 

Still, the addition of Stefon Diggs has changed the complexion of the offense in a huge way. Last season the Bills were 23rd in points, 24th in yards on offense. This season the 2020 Buffalo Bills have the #2 overall offense and its almost all due to the pass game. 

Look how the Bills played the Ravens last season as they sacked Allen 6 times and had 12 QB hits on him. This season the Ravens were so afraid of what Allen can do during a blitz they didn't even blitz him nearly as much, from 6 sacks to 2, from 12 QB hits to 3. 

Now, the Chiefs did something in this game I had never really seen happen in that the Chiefs covered the Bills receivers like superglue! With no run game to fall back on the offensive players were very frustrated.   

The Chiefs came alive in this game and played their very best all over the field. It's like they were watching Buffalo all season and just waiting to pounce.

The Bills NEED to beat this team and I have confidence that they will figure it out. They play the Chiefs again this season at Arrowhead so they had better. 

9 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Yep, I agree.  I thought we were roundly outcoached last night.  I'm sure the coaches will learn from it and do better next year just like they learned from last year and improved.

Just don't understand the slings and arrows today.  We were in the AFC Championship game and lost to the best team in football.  I don't get the sky is falling attitude that many here have.  I wish the whole team would have played better.  I wish we would have won the Super Bowl this year. I wish a lot of things.  I just can't look at this amazing season and feel too disappointed.

The team fell short last night.   Just like KC did the first year Mahomes and KC went to the AFC Championship game and lost to the Patriots.

I agree 13-3 (a 3 game improvement from the previous year), division title, a sweep of the division, 24 year old QB who had a runner up to the MVP season and two playoff victories at home is a great season in almost any context. Yes this team will be up against the cap with many pending free agents and the team still needs to add two critical components to the team (a dominant edge rusher and a pass catcher). 

But this team will be back with a strong team next year and if McBeane can pull off some cap magic and a solid draft the Bills might come back with an even stronger team. The future is bright now let's all become cap nerds.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I have a simple question for you all. Is what our OC did this game enough where any of you feel we have to move on from him?

We ranked second in points per game and yards per game this season.  NO!!!!!

10 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I have a simple question for you all. Is what our OC did this game enough where any of you feel we have to move on from him?

Ok, back to the basement for the bag of chicken feathers.  The fire under the tar pot is really getting rolling...

• Eyeroll 1

11 hours ago, NewEra said:

Okafor hit allen in the face mask on a previous play.  It was pretty bush league.  I think it was all in retaliation to that play

I understand Josh's anger toward Okafor.  The point is that Okafor was abusing Josh so much because Feliciano and Co. were saving their best work for after the whistle.  They let him take a beating the entire second half, so they don't get to be all uppity after they let their QB get taken hard to the ground yet again.  It's a ridiculous look.

10 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

What? Feliciano didn't come in like the cavalry because Josh was on his back but to protect him as Josh wouldn't have it  and threw the football in the dude's helmet. Dawkins gets the "self-control" award of the night as you could tell he had to urge to kick that SOB in the head ha ha. I had to laugh at the rules when the refs actually called all the right penalties... and they simply offset! Math is just too hard it seems.

Daboll yesterday sure didn't have an answer for the blitzes. Nor free up Diggs. And whoever, probably McD, decided to not got on 4th twice while close to the goal line... damn!

While the Bills D kept doing blitzes... to no avail. At the end, I got it. They were in all or nothing mode so I was OK with it, like the last Kelce TD, they sent the house. But before that point, WTH were they doing? 

Feliciano's energy would have better spent before his QB was on his back.   Dawkins too.  After that little show by the fellas on the O-line, the Chiefs were laughing at them and pointing to the scoreboard.

12 hours ago, NewEra said:

But no one struggled more than the coaches.  McD- FAIL,  Daboll- FAIL, Frazier- FAIL.  

except maybe Feliciano. 

It doesn’t surprise me that nobody saw that, he should’ve been ejected. If Hughes did that he would probably have to serve 3 days picking up elephant *****.