Last take until September (and probably much later)..... I know you'll miss me......

Yep let me get it off my chest.

The Bills were terrible in almost all aspect of the game.  Bass I guess gets a pass (but the PAT could have been an issue)....

The defense I'll let others address, but talk about pathetic.  You know Kelce is getting 12-15 targets a game and absolutely no effort to disrupt him off the line or be prepared?  Heck the Bills did okay vs. Andrews last week and Knox was covered during the game.

Every pass was simple for Mahomes with plenty of separation and easy reads), while Allen had so few easy ones.

Mahomes made one great pass and that was it.

So let's look at the offense.  The O-line was manhandled by KC.  KC had all of 32 sacks during the season and to the untrained eye if looked like they had Donald, TJ Watt, Kalil Mack, JPP.....  rushing Allen all game.  Terrible performance.

From the first drive on you could tell things just seemed off.  

KC has the worst Red Zone defense yet the Bills again made them look like the #1 team in the league..  Last week vs. Balt an easy TD to Diggs and this week Allen is backing up instead of some misdirection or a quick hit to a receiver (or a QB draw).  I saw no movement or creativity.  Yes 8 more points and could have been a different story.

KC 5 for 5 Red zone, Bills 2 for 5 (or 6). 

Daboll didn't have a single play call or alignment that looked at all unique or had KC perplexed.

Allen yes made a few bad throws, but he also made some spectacular reads and passes.

If they couldn't go long, take advantage of the underneath and get in his face when on the bench.

Sure running game was non-existent, but then maybe Allen should too have run it more if the pass wasn't there.

Even the long balls were into coverage and no separation.

I am a fan and maybe miss some nuances, but they seemed completely lost out there and that is on the coaching.

Please no comments about how fast KC's defense is and how tough they played, they are in general a middle of the road defense that bullied & manhandled the Bills.

I really was shocked that they had their way.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Play calling was bad at times. Now that have ive had a day to digest it, I don't think the bills players were ready for this game. For most of them, it was their first championship game. You could just tell the cheifs had the experience. They came out firing on all cylinders. The bills will learn. If they're in the championship game next year, I can 100% gaurentee they won't play like that again, win or lose

Edited by Steptide
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Lots of truth here....but, the receiver group was really dinged up.  All w physical problems.  I read to day Beasley played the playoffs with a broken fibula. (smaller bone in the leg)  tough guy, yes.  could somebody else have done better if 100% healthy?  How about McKenzie?  Diggs oblilque problems. Brown leg problems. Davis ankle problems.  the guys of the practice squad who were healthy might have brought the separation that was missing.  KC was faster.  Faster than the gimpy receivers.  Now, the O line....terrible....need a rework there for sure.  Need a running back.  Yeldon saw almost first action of the year, and looked miles better than Singletary who is likely not an NFL  back imho.  to slow, to small.  shifty...ok, I will buy that.   So, Josh can't do it all.  The receivers were game, but I could see signs of the pain and lack of burst from the whole lot.  Where oh where was Kenny Sills.  on the 53 but not active.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, DallasBillsFan1 said:

Can't believe I am going to say this but Allen rarely checks down.  He's always looking for the intermediate and long ball.  While that is admirable, it is OK to gain 4-6 years on a check down on occasion.

Imo this is the buggest reason they lost. I was screaming for it last night. They were trying to push the ball down feild way too hard 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The Bills were terrible in almost all aspect of the game.  Bass I guess gets a pass (but the PAT could have been an issue)....

The defense I'll let others address, but talk about pathetic.  You know Kelce is getting 12-15 targets a game and absolutely no effort to disrupt him off the line or be prepared?  Heck the Bills did okay vs. Andrews last week and Knox was covered during the game.

Every pass was simple for Mahomes with plenty of separation and easy reads), while Allen had so few easy ones.

So let's look at the offense.  The O-line was manhandled by KC.  KC had all of 32 sacks during the season and to the untrained eye if looked like they had Donald, TJ Watt, Kalil Mack, JPP.....  rushing Allen all game.  Terrible performance.

KC has the worst Red Zone defense yet the Bills again made them look like the #1 team in the league..  Last week vs. Balt an easy TD to Diggs and this week Allen is backing up instead of some misdirection or a quick hit to a receiver (or a QB draw).  I saw no movement or creativity.  Yes 8 more points and could have been a different story.

Daboll didn't have a single play call or alignment that looked at all unique or had KC perplexed.

Allen yes made a few bad throws, but he also made some spectacular reads and passes.

If they couldn't go long, take advantage of the underneath and get in his face when on the bench.

Sure running game was non-existent, but then maybe Allen should too have run it more if the pass wasn't there.

I am a fan and maybe miss some nuances, but they seemed completely lost out there and that is on the coaching.

Please no comments about how fast KC's defense is and how tough they played, they are in general a middle of the road defense that bullied & manhandled the Bills.

we are miles from where we were for the past 25 years. Now is not the time to lose heart. Last year they made the play-offs but choked it away. This year they won the division, won 2 play-off games and then laid an egg against the best team in football. It happens. I have said this in other threads, but the best QB in the league St. Patrick Mahomes finished his first AFC championship game with a lose and a 51% completion percentage. It is called a process because it is a process. They will learn and improve. Jim Kelly first AFC championship game was a stellar 14-30 47% for 163 yards 1 TD and 3 ints. He turned out ok :).

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I'll add one more thing, everythjng the cheifs did to the bills last night on offense and defense, is exactly what I wanted the bills to do to the cheifs. I know that's easy to say because the cheifs won, but the cheifs defense and offense is on par with the bills. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Where oh where was Kenny Sills.  

Kenny Sills was where he belong on practice squad and hopefully will help get Bills a comp pick since they will likely be letting go more veterans than signed.

He was targeted 19 times in 11 games with 11 catches from what I have been told top 10 QB with questionable judgement (He signed 4 year extension with BOB as HC and GM).

35 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

KC's defense played really fast and tough last night.

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Sorry to see you go.  Are you buying a Brian Greasy foot ball jersey?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

I'll add one more thing, everythjng the cheifs did to the bills last night on offense and defense, is exactly what I wanted the bills to do to the cheifs. I know that's easy to say because the cheifs won, but the cheifs defense and offense is on par with the bills. 

Nah, the Chiefs are better.

Kelce and Hill were unstoppable, and their QB took the short balls when available while ours didn't. Josh had - was it three - major loss sacks due to hero ball and feeling the pressure to be great instead of just good enough.

The Chiefs lost their first AFC championship two years ago. But we'll be hurt by our cap situation. Hopefully we'll be back soon and better.

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

Play calling was bad at times. Now that have ive had a day to digest it, I don't think the bills players were ready for this game. For most of them, it was their first championship game. You could just tell the cheifs had the experience. They came out firing on all cylinders. The bills will learn. If they're in the championship game next year, I can 100% gaurentee they won't play like that again, win or lose

That was my takeaway as well.  The game was too big for most of them, including Allen.  First, the stakes where higher than anything before and second, a nearly full stadium away after a season of no fans and then a few thousand ravenous Bills fans at home.  If we had had home field, I think they would have played much better, perhaps even won.  But not SB ready ... yet. 

Allen and Diggs and others will internalize this and grow.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Dukestreetking said:

Uhhh, in case nobody else says it:@billsfan_1972, we will, in fact, miss you!

Woof...tough crowd, tough crowd. No respect I tell you, no respect.

I should've added the sarc tag, as I was responding to "I know you'll miss me"

Meanwhile, "He called me a baboon, he thinks I’m his wife." Ba dump bump.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The same could be said about the Bills defense against the Ravens.