Micah Hyde - surprise cap casualty?

I love him, he's been a great player.  

I just started thinking....is he a possibility for a cap casualty?  We save $5.1 million if we were to cut him.  

I'm not suggesting we cut him but I'm thinking he could be overlooked as one of the shockers...we are going to lose a good player or two.

If cutting him means we would have more cash to resign lets say Milano...would you do it?

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 9

Not unless there's a Derwin James for us the draft, and we draft him, and he doesn't get hurt. You can't just replace Hyde with who we have or a guy off the street. If Ben Retires, maybe you can get Fitzpatrick.

1 minute ago, NickelCity said:

It's a fair question. This year it looked suspiciously like age was beginning to be a factor. 

Shockingly he's only 30 which is quite young for a lot of safeties. He just kinda plays like an old man.

• Haha (+1) 3

Hard decisions will be made and before we dismiss out of hand that the Bills are guaranteed to keep Hyde because of what he’s meant to the team or the difficulty in locating his replacement. However, this is the same staff that unearthed Hyde - meaning if they found him, they can find others.

If the Bills decide to bring him back, let’s not presume it’s due to being unable to find and recruit a replacement level player.

• Agree 1

Just now, billsbackto81 said:

Him and Poyer are the least of our worries as far as the secondary goes. Imagine how much better they'd be with a more formidable front 7 and pass rush.

agree. I can’t tell you the sense of calm I have with those guys locking down the back. They are reliable and fundamentally sound. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

No chance.

If anything Hyde will get a contract extension at some point.

Mitch Morse & John Brown are players that are more likely to be cut.

I would expect brown to be traded rather than cut. Even if the Bills get a late 2nd early 3rd, it would be a win.  He still has value. 

3 minutes ago, teef said:

i think it's going to be a more interesting offseason than we may have realized.

I started thinking of this earlier today, seeing all these threads about what we're missing and why we lost.

...we're a contender now, so does Beane go out and try to get that "missing piece" that those contender teams always try to get?

Edited by BringBackFlutie

7 minutes ago, BringBackFlutie said:

I started thinking of this earlier today, seeing all these threads about what we're missing and why we lost.

...we're a contender now, so does Beane go out and try to get that "missing piece" that those contender teams always try to get?

i'm not sure we have few enough holes to get that one missing piece.  i think 2 or 3 very good FA signings,(not mega deals) could help in the right positions.  at the end of the day, it's not a terrible problem to have that this team won 13 games and still has holes to fill.  the bills can get better.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1