Cole Beasley broke his damn fibula vs Patriots Week 16

Process

1 hour ago, Success said:

That is absolutely legendary.

He has become one of my favorite all-time Bills, in a pretty short time.  I can't think of a player we've had who is tougher, or more reliable.  Some just as tough - but not tougher.

Fred Jackson move over and make room for Cole Beasley. Wow.....just wow?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Groin said:

Tenacity, and I don't believe that it's a weight-bearing bone.

not a weight bearing bone makes sense.  Still, ouch.  That is a tough guy.  And he still was productive (not as much as before, but still produced).  

12 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

how is this even possible?>   WOW.  

10 minutes ago, Groin said:

9 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

not a weight bearing bone makes sense.  Still, ouch.  That is a tough guy.  And he still was productive (not as much as before, but still produced).  

For those who did not read earlier posts.

https://www.starspt.org/fibula-fracture/#:~:text=Fibula bone plays a minor,hits the ground during walking.

Fibula bone plays a minor role in bearing the weight of the body as we walk. The tibia bears approximately 80% of the body weight. The fibula bone bears only 15 to 20% of the body weight. Moreover, it transfers forces as the ankle hits the ground during walking. The mechanism of transferring ground reaction forces occurs due to muscles attachments on the upper part of the fibula bone underneath the knee. The interosseous membrane also helps in transferring rotational forces from the ankle to the knee. There are nerves tissues, veins and arteries which pass behind the fibula, near the knee. The fibula is a site of five muscles attachment.

Fibula bone fracture is a common injury seen in the emergency room. The fracture occurs from a direct blow to the outside of the leg, from twisting  the lower leg awkwardly and, most common, from a severe ankle sprain

From description he cracked bone in lower part.

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

it transfers forces as the ankle hits the ground during walking.

So the bone that helps transmit force from the ankle "during walking" was fractured?   And running?  And cutting?  And jumping?   

These guys are such warriors.  

Cole Beasley is the poster child of what this whole team is about.

How fans can disrespect their efforts this season including the AFCCG is beyond me.

Get well Cole and all you other Buffalo Bills players.  You guys are almost there and take heart that the majority of

fans appreciate your efforts!

Go Bills.

2 hours ago, Groin said:

The fibula is weight bearing so I have no idea how he could play. Maybe it was hairline but damn that seems to be risky.

Just now, BuffaloBill said:

The fibula is weight bearing so I have no idea how he could play. Maybe it was hairline but damn that seems to be risky.

And no, I’m not a doctor so I have no idea what I am talking about.

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

And no, I’m not a doctor so I have no idea what I am talking about.

So, I'm not a doctor.  Back in the day my parents got my sister and me involved in science and in math.  She became a doctor, and I did computer science resulting in tech.

Having written that, I needed to go way, way back about the fibula: https://www.physio-pedia.com/Fibular_Fracture#:~:text=The fibula is a non,articular surface of the talus.

Executive summary:

The fibula is a non-weight bearing bone that originates just below the lateral tibial plateau and extends distally to form the lateral malleolus

Still, must've been EXTREMELY painful to play with, and explains a LOT when it came to watching our receivers not be able to get separation on the regular.  My hat's off to Beasley, regardless of whether the bone was weight bearing or not.

Edited by Groin

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

For those who did not read earlier posts.

https://www.starspt.org/fibula-fracture/#:~:text=Fibula bone plays a minor,hits the ground during walking.

From description he cracked bone in lower part.

He cracked it near his knee.  He was listed on the injury report with a knee injury and played the Colts and Ravens game with a knee brace.