Cole Beasley broke his damn fibula vs Patriots Week 16

Process

2 minutes ago, Rubes said:

I wouldn't be too worried about it. They could surgically repair it if needed, but at this point probably not.

I'm worried about the vascularization.  Hopefully they had a hard look at the location of the break and he's not disturbing that too much.  I have three acquaintance that went through what were expected to be uncomplicated healings but which turned into persistent nonunions for reasons that weren't particularly clear.

Broke both bones in an arm playing football.  Did not realize it until game when it went Z shaped.  Going into a professional football game with a cracked fibula.

https://www.starspt.org/fibula-fracture/#:~:text=Fibula bone plays a minor,hits the ground during walking.

Fibula bone plays a minor role in bearing the weight of the body as we walk. The tibia bears approximately 80% of the body weight. The fibula bone bears only 15 to 20% of the body weight. Moreover, it transfers forces as the ankle hits the ground during walking. The mechanism of transferring ground reaction forces occurs due to muscles attachments on the upper part of the fibula bone underneath the knee. The interosseous membrane also helps in transferring rotational forces from the ankle to the knee. There are nerves tissues, veins and arteries which pass behind the fibula, near the knee. The fibula is a site of five muscles attachment.

Fibula bone fracture is a common injury seen in the emergency room. The fracture occurs from a direct blow to the outside of the leg, from twisting  the lower leg awkwardly and, most common, from a severe ankle sprain

From description he cracked bone in lower part.

4 minutes ago, 947 said:

Thanks, Barkley...

Thank person who left him in rather than someone else playing.

Oh and for those who do not know the session in South Florida in which offense worked out was arranged by Barkley.  He heard about the place Diggs worked out in off season and contacted the owner about setting up a practice session there.  It likely made a big difference in get offense in sync early.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Process said:
Legend

Scary and impressive at the same time,  now i see why they had so much WR activity  in final few games of the season.  I remember watching him come off the field in that Patriots game. We never really saw those explosive plays that he was making during the season,  had a few last night but you could see there was something missing

9 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

“Cracked” , is likely a better description, Broken denotes two pieces, don’t get me wrong, Beasley is a tuff guy for certain. 

Go Bills!!!

Yeah! No compound break and it's probably not even a weight bearing bone right?