Aaron Rodgers--Trade Value?

mannc

Based on his comments after the game yesterday, Aaron Rodgers may be an unhappy camper.  He probably feels he's done as much as he can in Green Bay and I'm sure he's unhappy about the reprehensible FG call by LaFleur yesterday and the drafting of Jordan Love last year.  If he demands a trade, what do people think GB could get back for him?  What teams would be interested?  (I'm assuming GB would have a strong preference to trade him to the AFC.) He's under contract for three more years.

I say teams like Miami, Denver and New England would be possible landing spots.  Maybe Carolina in the NFC.  I would think the asking price has to be a first and a second round pick, at least, but it's going to depend how high the first round pick is.

Edited by mannc

8 minutes ago, mannc said:

Based on his comments after the game yesterday, Aaron Rodgers may be an unhappy camper.  He probably feels he's done as much as he can in Green Bay and I'm sure he's unhappy about the reprehensible FG call by LaFleur yesterday and the drafting of Jordan Love last year.  If he demands a trade, what do people think GB could get back for him?  What teams would be interested?  (I'm assuming GB would have a strong preference to trade him to the AFC.) He's under contract for three more years.

I say teams like Miami, Denver and New England would be possible landing spots.  Maybe Carolina in the NFC.  I would think the asking price has to be a first and a second round pick, at least, but it's going to depend how high the first round pick is.

He is going nowhere. What team would give up a first and 2nd round pick for a 37 year old QB. Granted Rodgers is a great QB still playing at a very high level but that is a lot to give for him given his age. Rodgers will finish is career in GB.

I hate his demeaner/arrogance.  But drafting Love was a ridiculously awful move by a team ready to win a championship now. These great Qb's play into their 40's nowadays, no reason for that move.  He is gonna make them suck up to him for a while......but I would be shocked if he went anywhere especially on that team friendly deal.

Edited by mattynh
  • Agree 4

Just now, Greg S said:

He is going nowhere. What team would give up a first and 2nd round pick for a 37 year old QB. Granted Rodgers is a great QB still playing at a very high level but that is a lot to give for him given his age. Rodgers will finish is career in GB.

Not sure how you can say that.  The Packers drafted a QB in the first round last year.  What are they going to do, keep him on the bench until his rookie contract expires?  Rodgers could easily be traded...

i don’t know what Rodgers is worth, but it’s at least a first rounder, don’t you think?

Just now, mannc said:

Not sure how you can say that.  The Packers drafted a QB in the first round last year.  What are they going to do, keep him on the bench until his rookie contract expires?  Rodgers could easily be traded...

i don’t know what Rodgers is worth, but it’s at least a first rounder, don’t you think?

Any team that gives up a 1st must think they could win the SB now. A team like the Jets wouldn't do it since they have many holes to fill on both sides of the ball. They aren't winning or competing for a SB in the near future. 

Rodgers career has been wasted in Green Bay by poor coaching and a lack of talent. 

When GB went for that FG instead of the TD at the end of the game yesterday you knew it was over.  If you don't make it TB gets the ball at their 8, maybe closer to the goal line depending on the outcome of the play. Gutless coaching. 

the MVP with the ball in his hand with a play to tie the game, and they say "nah we'll kick the FG and play defense"

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

When GB went for that FG instead of the TD at the end of the game yesterday you knew it was over.  If you don't make it TB gets the ball at their 8, maybe closer to the goal line depending on the outcome of the play. Gutless coaching. 

Seemed to be a lot of that yesterday...

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Rodgers can easily play 6 more years and if the Bills didn’t have Allen I would give up that compensation for him in a heartbeat. 

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Rodgers career has been wasted in Green Bay by poor coaching and a lack of talent. 

the MVP with the ball in his hand with a play to tie the game, and they say "nah we'll kick the FG and play defense"

I am shocked Rodgers didn't try to run it in. One the one play it looked like he had a clear path to the end zone. If he did get stopped it would been inside the 2 yard line.

• Like (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, mattynh said:

I hate his demeaner/arrogance.  But drafting Love was a ridiculously awful move by a team ready to win a championship now. These great Qb's play into their 40's nowadays, no reason for that move.  He is gonna make them suck up to him for a while......but I would be shocked if he went anywhere especially on that team friendly deal.

As good as a QB as Rodgers is on the field he is a pretty douchy human being in a lot of ways.

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I am shocked Rodgers didn't try to run it in. One the one play it looked like he had a clear path to the end zone. If he did get stopped it would been inside the 2 yard line.

That’s true.  In that sense, Rodgers has to take part of the blame for the FG.

26 minutes ago, mannc said:

Rodgers on Indy instead of Rivers would scare the crap outta me.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Yeah that was a bad decision for sure, the pass attempt had no chance, he could have scored or made a 4th down shorter.  He also had a bad INT in the first half that led to a TD.  He is a great player but shares in loss.

12 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Elway would give up the next two drafts... 

Elway gave away that control:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30651698/denver-broncos-hire-new-gm-john-elway-takes-elevated-role

Mon, Jan 4:

As the Broncos' playoff drought has grown to five seasons after this year's 5-11 finish, Elway said Monday that he will remain in place as team president, but the Broncos will hire a general manager "to make all football decisions, working in partnership with [coach] Vic [Fangio].''

It remains to be seen whether Elway will stay in the new role beyond next season, given he has a year left on his current contract. But he said Monday that he envisions a scenario where he does stay beyond next season.

"We haven't had a chance to talk about that, [but] selfishly, yeah, that would be something I'd be interested in, but I think we'll take a peek at that,'' Elway said. "... It's a role I kind of look forward to ... we'll see how everything goes.''

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I don't think anyone believes Elway actually "gave away control." He may listen to his new GM now, but that GM ain't gonna make a decision that John don't agree with.

And by the way, the Broncs probably should give away the next two drafts if they could get Rodgers. They are the classic "decent QB play away from being a contender" team. And Rodgers is still a good bit better than decent ...

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 1