How does Josh work on his nerves...?

Adamb412

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Well I guess i am just silly and embarrassing myself.

Hilarious, 24 hours ago people here were praising J Allen and talking about the future and now has has to work on his mental game.

I just cant believe we have a QB that getting beat up in a playoff game actually had the nerve to look dejected.  I cant believe our QB could have a bad game, really inexcusable.  

Rodgers looked super upbeat yesterday when he shook Brady's hand. 

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Adamb412 said:

Completely disagree.  Allen is the QB, any elite QB with the time he had on certain plays would make the defense pay.  Especially with the weapons we have

The “weapons we have” were wearing chiefs players like effing backpacks all around the field, PI/Defensive holding was largely uncalled. when he had time there was nowhere to go with the ball. this loss is on the coaches.

there is no shame losing to KC, what I hate is losing the way that we did. Offensive play calling was mind blowing. Defense did what they could, it wasn’t great. But if you want to talk about the weapons someone has, pat threw for 350 while only really throwing the ball downfield occasionally. 

this loss is on the coaches. Was josh perfect, no. Same can be said for everyone on each team. He fought like hell, they all did. But the coaches can’t call the game like they are afraid that we aren’t talented enough. They coached scared, that is what I can’t stand.

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

This literally has nothing to do with the topic.

Objective observers everywhere can see that the "mental" is an issue with Allen. Why is everyone so afraid of accepting that? I just said I have faith he can improve. But some people just seem to be scared to death to acknowledge the need for improvement.

What Orlovsky is describing has nothing to do w/ being "nervy."

And pundits are awesome.  I love Orlovsky, but I've seen the same takes here and elsewhere:  Allen shouldn't hang onto the ball too long, but the receivers are all covered.  He shouldn't force it into coverage, but also has to make something happen.

Just pure contradictions all over the place.

And if Mahomes had a whole game of that - no one open, pressure in his face every play - he'd have the same facial expressions at the end of the game.  And he'd probably throw the ball at a defender and pundits would love his competitive fire for it.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Works hard on his mental game....lol.  Yeah because as we all know Josh Allen is not a hard worker, nope not at all.   

If i wanted to hear this crap I would look up what Nick Wright is saying today.

Yeah it is tough to lose a game, isn't it, deal with it.

who are you again?

• Haha (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Adamb412 said:

Josh had a great season no doubt about it, but when the big game comes he choked.  I feel like Josh's mentality is more of Alex Zverev and not that of Djokovic (Tennis Fans).  When the "No tomorrow" situation comes, he DOESNT leave it all on the field. We squeaked by the colts, without johnson INT vs the ravens, we would of scored ten points total.  Unacceptable. This is my big concern.  How does someone work on nerves? I was joking with my dad during the game last night he needs to take a shot of whiskey to calm the nerves, but obviously the dude does not have ice water in his veins which is something a QB needs.  So what are the solutions? Sports Phych? Yoga? 

Guy can't win.  When he plays all-out like his ass is on fire and does crazy *****, then he "lost his head" in the big game.

When he sticks with the playcalling script plus runs when he needs to, is under constant pressure and sacked 4x with 0 fumbles, and passes 48 times for 28 completions 287 yards 2 TD 1 INT then adds 88 yds rushing on 7 attempts with 0 fumbles, he "doesn't leave it all on the field"

GTFO

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Most all the other elite QBs in the league have been at it for years now, except Mahomes.  Go back and see if they played in a championship game in year 3, then tell me how they looked.

Josh didn't play that well last night.  Their defense played really well, and that's that.  He'll learn and continue to develop from this.

I'm just waiting for the All-22 to show me what big throw that was available that he missed. 

Missed checkdowns yes, always chooses to scramble right, holds the ball too long trying to make plays. 

But watching that game, I don't know who was open, maybe they should have shortened the routes more, or use McKenzie more?

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Adamb412 said:

I don't know what game you were watching but besides a handful of sacks there were times he had time to make a sandwich in the pocket and all his did was double pump and look confused

So you saw when romo showed a lot of plays and all the receivers were in a blanket and josh had no one open

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Adamb412 said:

He didnt trust his mechanics yesterday he didnt trust his reads.  The KC defense ISNT GOOD!

Riiiiiiiight that's why the KC defense is #10 in the league on points (6 spots higher than Bills), #10 on turnovers, and playing for the Superbowl - 'cuz they're not good.  Just stop now before you sprain something.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Josh played great against the Colts, the defense couldn't shut the door. Josh played good enough against the Ravens, horrid wind against a great defense not sure what else I would expect in that situation. Against KC Josh was not very good, KC played great and the coaching didn't adjust to help him. I think simply the Bills and Josh needed this deep playoff run to set themselves up to get over that hump. They played 3 playoff games and won 2 of them. They know they can win and they know what it is like to play on a big stage. 

I think Josh and this team will grow from this experience. Nerves will be calmer next year because they have been there before. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Why because it is exactly what will happen if Brady losses and you dont like the conclusions from this narrative?

Good lord. Calm down. Looking nervy is not the same thing as losing or throwing interceptions or having a bad game. Brady will certainly not look nervy in the Super Bowl. And, yeah, the fact that he's won 5 million Super Bowls does give him a bit more of a leash no matter what happens. That's just the way it is.

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

Josh played great against the Colts, the defense couldn't shut the door. Josh played good enough against the Ravens, horrid wind against a great defense not sure what else I would expect in that situation. Against KC Josh was not very good, KC played great and the coaching didn't adjust to help him. I think simply the Bills and Josh needed this deep playoff run to set themselves up to get over that hump. They played 3 playoff games and won 2 of them. They know they can win and they know what it is like to play on a big stage. 

I think Josh and this team will grow from this experience. Nerves will be calmer next year because they have been there before. 

Thank you for acknowledging that nerves are an issue. That's all I want people to do... Take the blinders off and be realistic. It doesn't mean it can't improve.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Riiiiiiiight that's why the KC defense is #10 in the league on points (6 spots higher than Bills), #10 on turnovers, and playing for the Superbowl - 'cuz they're not good.  Just stop now before you sprain something.

Too late, he also sprained MY brain on this one...  :beer:

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

KC's D-line features Clark and Jones two prime time pass rushers and their secondary is anchored by the Honey Badger who is one of the best in the game among other quality players. They are far from the bums many here are portraying them to be.