How does Josh work on his nerves...?

Adamb412

3 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Allen has been very good during the pressure moments. He has had quite a few 4th quarter comebacks so far in his career. He helped the Bills win two playoff games and was a big reason they went 13-3, won the division, and got to the AFC championship game. KC is a better team than Buffalo. That is the reason they lost not Allen's nerves.

Mahomes first AFC champ game he didn't look at all like the moment was too big for him.  Granted they lost but HE left it all on the field and without a dumb coin toss they probably would of won.  

• Vomit 2
  • Agree 1

He needed to take off running more last night.  He’s almost unstoppable when he drops back and then takes off.  I feel like he could’ve had 8-10 yards running every time he dropped back.  If he did that, it might have settled him down and it definitely would’ve forced the Chiefs out of their tight man coverage.  

11 minutes ago, Adamb412 said:

Josh had a great season no doubt about it, but when the big game comes he choked.  I feel like Josh's mentality is more of Alex Zverev and not that of Djokovic (Tennis Fans).  When the "No tomorrow" situation comes, he DOESNT leave it all on the field. We squeaked by the colts, without johnson INT vs the ravens, we would of scored ten points total.  Unacceptable. This is my big concern.  How does someone work on nerves? I was joking with my dad during the game last night he needs to take a shot of whiskey to calm the nerves, but obviously the dude does not have ice water in his veins which is something a QB needs.  So what are the solutions? Sports Phych? Yoga? 

Josh Allen looked defeated sitting on the sidelines when the camera was showing him, and there was a ton of game left.  He usually is on the sidelines going up to his teammates with some enthusiasm to get back out there.  

1 minute ago, Adamb412 said:

So you want him to be trent edwards????  They werent on them like glues every snap.  KC defense is the BOTTOM THIRD of the league.  We had a stallar WR core and magically 1 game they cant get open???

This stellar WR Core you're referencing all were injured and their lack of separation showed it. I don't think Gabriel Davis got any targets and I don't remember him being on the field.

John Brown let one bounce off his hands into the Chiefs defender

Beasley had a relatively good game

Diggs got his in garbage time

The times a KC defender wasn't on the WR's like glue Allen found the receivers for completions all the other time when protection held Tony Romo showed on playback everyone was double covered or not remotely opened.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Adamb412 said:

So you want him to be trent edwards????  They werent on them like glues every snap.  KC defense is the BOTTOM THIRD of the league.  We had a stallar WR core and magically 1 game they cant get open???

Did I say I want him to be Trent Edwards?

Look I know you are upset the Bills lost, so am I but venting on me isnt going to change the outcome.  Deal with it, learn from it..just like Allen will do. Allen is not not Superman. He gets in trouble when he resorts to playing hero ball.  You take what the defense gives you.

For him to be our leading rusher again yesterday is the number one indictment of this team on offense.  

Just now, Doc said:

The Chefs defense was great yesterday.  They play like that in 2 weeks they are repeat Champs.  Even if they play almost as well.

Then why the hell did the BROWNS have more success than us vs them???? Aren't the browns supposed to be worse than us?????

• Vomit 1

Just now, Adamb412 said:

Then why the hell did the BROWNS have more success than us vs them???? Aren't the browns supposed to be worse than us?????

The Browns actually have a running game to help out Baker with 2 of the best running backs in the league

Mahomes first AFC champ game he didn't look at all like the moment was too big for him.  Granted they lost but HE left it all on the field and without a dumb coin toss they probably would of won.  

Are you really trying to compare the Golden Boy to Josh? Josh has improved year after year but he's still not in Mahomes' category

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

Just now, JOSH HUFF said:

Josh Allen looked defeated sitting on the sidelines when the camera was showing him, and there was a ton of game left.  He usually is on the sidelines going up to his teammates with some enthusiasm to get back out there.  

Good lord give the man a break, it was by far his longest season EVER  at any level, so he looked dejected sitting on the bench...gee I wonder why?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Adamb412 said:

The Browns can throw and run the ball. Buffalo can only do one of those things. 

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Good lord give the man a break, it was by far his longest season EVER  at any level, so he looked dejected sitting on the bench...gee I wonder why?

Body language is a big thing dude.  Youre the team captain.  You need to be RAH RAH even if youre faking it.  His maturity is yet to be desired

3 minutes ago, Greg S said:

The Browns can throw and run the ball. Buffalo can only do one of those things. 

At least we lost to the chiefs, imagine if the browns upset the chiefs and we lost at home to the browns?? Woof

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1

15 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

Maybe you should stick to tennis.

Choked? Go away with that. Not sure what he was supposed to do out there, he was constantly being pressured, his receivers were not getting open, and we can't run the ball.

I agree,  Bills need to get him a true big play RB.  You get a big play back catching that pass in the flat that Singletary dropped  and he is the very least in FG position.  We got him a true #1 WR this past season and keep needing to add him more weapons,  KC was ignoring Singletary and using that as an advantage to double up Diggs.

24 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

Is there anything to back up he doesn’t perform in big games?  He has done great in the 4th quarter when losing, won two playoff games this year, great in prime time, plenty of comebacks and game winning drives.

losing against the best team in the league in the afc championship means he doesn’t perform in big games?  

it certainly means he didn't in that game. sorry, I'm not satisfied with getting close, finishing second best. to be the best you have to beat the best. JA and the team are/were not ready for that big stage and it showed last night. I hope he works hard on his mental game this offseason along with some talent additions on both sides of the ball. I realize there is more to losing the game then the play of the QB, so not all blame should go on his shoulders but both he and the team did not perform good enough to win.

Edited by A Firm Tree Does Not Fear
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don't know if this is a nerves thing. To me the Bills in the post season and in the regular season played completely differently.

During the regular season they were very active, loose, and just overall not scared of anything but stayed short of self harm.

During the post season it seemed like the whole team from coaches to players were very tight. They seemed scared of making that major mistake so much that the play calls were conservative and the players reflected that with what looked to be very tentative and conservative play. It just wasn't the same team that ended the season with the #2 seed.

I think that will change next year with having this experience.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Adamb412 said:

Body language is a big thing dude.  Youre the team captain.  You need to be RAH RAH even if youre faking it.  His maturity is yet to be desired

At least we lost to the chiefs, imagine if the browns upset the chiefs and we lost at home to the browns?? Woof

Context would be nice.

Since you are now questioning his maturity, when did he looks so dejected that you are crying about?

And that rah rah is crap when you are faking it....but of course you know that because body language is a big thing dude.  

1 minute ago, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

it certainly means he didn't in that game. sorry, I'm not satisfied with getting close, finishing second best. to be the best you have to beat the best. JA and the team are/were not ready for that big stage and it showed last night. I hope he works hard on his mental game this offseason along with some talent additions on both sides of the ball. I realize there is more to losing the game then that of play of the QB, so not all blame should go on his shoulders but both he and the team did not perform good enough to win.

Finally someone sees it.  I would feel happy if they were close but they werent even close to winning

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

26 minutes ago, Adamb412 said:

Josh had a great season no doubt about it, but when the big game comes he choked.  I feel like Josh's mentality is more of Alex Zverev and not that of Djokovic (Tennis Fans).  When the "No tomorrow" situation comes, he DOESNT leave it all on the field. We squeaked by the colts, without johnson INT vs the ravens, we would of scored ten points total.  Unacceptable. This is my big concern.  How does someone work on nerves? I was joking with my dad during the game last night he needs to take a shot of whiskey to calm the nerves, but obviously the dude does not have ice water in his veins which is something a QB needs.  So what are the solutions? Sports Phych? Yoga? 

Experience, better game planning and meditation. Thought he probably does some of three already.

Sports psychology has found that athletes are typically at their best when they don't have to think about what they are doing and the Chiefs put on a clinic in terms of making Allen second and triple guess things. For how Allen was pressured and affected he played great, but with better game planning Allen doesn't have to spend as much time thinking about things as he does.

Meditation is the practice of helping a person not become swept up in emotional thoughts/overthinking.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Adamb412 said:

I don't know what game you were watching but besides a handful of sacks there were times he had time to make a sandwich in the pocket and all his did was double pump and look confused

Tends to happen when cornerbacks are blanketing your wideouts.  

Edited by thenorthremembers

14 minutes ago, Adamb412 said:

You're talking about the the uppermost echelon of generational player. If he wins the Super Bowl in 2 weeks he's already a top 10 player all-time if he never plays another down.

You're being ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 2