Protests Erupt Against The Corrupt Murderous Putin!

Tiberius

MOSCOW — From the frozen streets of Russia’s Far East and Siberia to the grand plazas of Moscow and St. Petersburg, tens of thousands of Russians rallied in support of the jailed opposition leader Aleksei A. Navalny on Saturday in the biggest nationwide showdown in years between the Kremlin and its opponents.

The demonstrations did not immediately pose a dire threat to President Vladimir V. Putin’s grip on power. But their broad scope, and the remarkable defiance displayed by many of the protesters, signaled widespread fatigue with the stagnant, corruption-plagued political order that Mr. Putin has presided over for two decades.

The protests began to unfold in the eastern regions of Russia, a country of 11 time zones, and they moved like a wave across the nation despite a heavy police presence and a drumbeat of menacing warnings on state media to stay away.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/23/international-home/russia-protests-navalny.html

One of the protesters attending the Moscow rally, Kirill, said he was protesting because "you can't win a fight without fighting." Speaking to CNN at the demonstration, the 20-year old said: "I'm not proud of my country, I don't want my government to poison people and put them in prison. I want more freedom. I want proper elections and normal government so I'm trying to stand up for my freedom here."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/23/europe/russia-navalny-oposition-demonstrations-intl/index.html

6 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Good thing the Bidens squeezed the Ukraine for millions when they did.

Just want to point out that Russia and Ukraine are not the same country and current president of Ukraine is not a Russian lackey ( I know because I watched a documentary on Netflix)😀

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Just want to point out that Russia and Ukraine are not the same country and current president of Ukraine is not a Russian lackey ( I know because I watched a documentary on Netflix)😀

And our current President is no lackey of Putin, that's for sure. 

Just now, Doc said:

Who cares?  He's no longer President.

So you were allowed to talk about Biden when he wasn't president, but no one can talk about a republican who is still relevant since his mess is being cleaned up by the democrats...

So good to read "He's no longer President."

18 minutes ago, TBBills said:

So you were allowed to talk about Biden when he wasn't president, but no one can talk about a republican who is still relevant since his mess is being cleaned up by the democrats...

So good to read "He's no longer President."

What does any of that have to do with whether Trump knows where China is on a map?  Not that that made any sense anyway.

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Doc said:

What does any of that have to do with whether Trump knows where China is on a map?  Not that that made any sense anyway.

Exactly you don't make any sense, you're starting to get it now.

Edited by TBBills