Officials reviewed and overturned a non-reviewable play when Allen was ruled out of bounds at the 9 prior to throwing the ball away.

Big Turk

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Pushing and shoving is different. Once you throw a punch with a closed fist the room for interpretation is gone.

Because now it opens up a whole big can of worms...what if Mahomes is ruled out of bounds in the Super Bowl on a play but throws a TD? What if the ref blew the whistle?

I guess that's a tougher situation. If the defender just stopped because of the whistle, I'd rule it an incomplete pass or replay the down. I dunno, I just feel like those are two different situations and the goal should be getting as many calls correct as possible. Or maybe I'm dumb, who knows.

59 minutes ago, nkreed said:

The question I have on this is why can NY help the officials when they are looking at a brawl "to get it right" but can't signal an obvious punch?

I was yelling at my TV to signal to the officials that the punch was thrown. I am pretty confident they have the ability to signal this infraction. Does anyone have the official rules pertaining to the fight protocol. Obviously not that it matters cause NY gets these wrong over and over again.

This is my question that I asked earlier. The officials in the replay review area in NY saw the same replay that we all did on the broadcast of Feliciano getting punched by Jones. The league would be acquainted with Jones because they know he is a hothead because he had been ejected for punching someone in 2018 (in the previous clip I shared). Why didn't the NY officials crew buzz the ref and tell them instantly there was an off the ball incident with a punch. Either formally or on the down low.  This stuff happens in other sports all the times and definitely happens in the NFL too (whether the league admits it or not). Jones should have been ejected no matter what the game is. That is the normal rule.  The officials on the field had to have seen it and NY definitely saw it but nothing was done. Even after the fact the BIlls coaches should have brought this to the refs attention. You can bet if a Bills player had done it, it would have been called on the field and the Bills player ejected. In the end we played so poorly that we may have lost anyway, but is the Chiefs pass rush going to be the same on Josh if Jones is no longer there? The whole incident played out like the distract the referee in WWE!!

This just goes to show that refs by and large wing it game to game. This obvious and ongoing farce has become a running joke.  It is on the owners to do something about it, which is the same as saying nothing will be done about it. 

On 1/25/2021 at 1:24 PM, Big Turk said:

So the head of review in the NFL doesn't even know what is reviewable and what isn't?? It was a league initiated review inside of 2 minutes.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-reviewed-non-reviewable-ruling-171349172.html

So typical of the Nfl, it doesn’t matter that they finally corrected a bad call, let’s focus on our arbitrary rule that this past is “ not reviewable”.  Rather than look as it as an opportunity to improve I. The future , let’s dwell on an incorrect call millions saw and we shoikd have let the incorrect call stand.  Does that make sense in any other business or place in life?  Hey we corrected an obvious error but that was the wrong thing to do, even tho it eventually had no impact in the outcome anyhow.  They are so caught up in their rules and process that an error is more valid / valued than the fact they actually corrected a easily fixable mistake. Now you know why the fumble the week before we all saw and knew happened , had to be denied because they didn’t initiate the process. Mcd had to call a time out, THEN THEY REVIEWED the call. So correcting it would confirm they missed stopping play to review it as they should have. To the NFL , PERCEPTION , HOW THEY LOOK, is the end game , not actually getting thr calls correct.    Don’t let people perceive we actually make mistakes even with all those cameras and all those rules in place. They have to sell to Vegas and gamblers the perception there will never be an error so keep throwing all those millions down and we guarantee our outcomes are legitimate.  It’s about perception and looks, not true results.   

On 1/25/2021 at 2:34 PM, Ethan in Portland said:

Everything should be reviewable.

Agreed. And to those who say it would slow the game down I say speed up the reviews. It shouldn't take 5 minutes of a referee staring into a booth while Baker Mayfield sells us car insurance. Everyone at home can see the replay and we know within 30 seconds what the right call should be. Everything should be reviewable and it should be done from a central headquarters as efficiently as possible.