The future is very bright

7 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

KC's defense is only average. 

I mentioned it earlier. They’ve been very good against WR. Their excel there. 

They don’t do very well against TE or RB. Those are the positions that gave them the biggest issues this year down the stretch after guys like L’Jarious Snead emerged and made a significant impact in their pass defense. 

• Like (+1) 1

I agree 100% with the OP.

We had an amazing season, 13-3 plus two playoff wins, exceeding ALL expectations, learned how to win in playoff football, Allen is 24, AND we plenty to work on and improve. 

In two weeks it will be clearer, after KC waxes the Bucs, that we lost to the best team.

But KC can't do it every season. The Pats run was 9 Super Bowls in 18 years, meaning there were 9 seasons where they got beat in the AFC. We will beat KC or someone else will, or they'll have injuries or an off-year.

To me there is every chance Buffalo brings home that ring in the next five years. LET'S GO!

Edited by Ray Stonada

PS the level of negativity of some fans, after our best season in 30 years, surprises me. It's like the negativity is hard-wired no matter how well we do.

If some of you were running a team, you'd be blowing up your team after every loss, cutting guys who had one bad game, and generally running around like a chicken with its head cut off. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

PS the level of negativity of some fans, after our best season in 30 years, surprises me. It's like the negativity is hard-wired no matter how well we do.

If some of you were running a team, you'd be blowing up your team after every loss, cutting guys who had one bad game, and generally running around like a chicken with its head cut off. 

Yea that is pretty much what we do around here........ 

• Haha (+1) 1

2021 teams:

Miami: new OC

New England new QB*

NY Jets new HC/OC/QB

Atlanta Falcons new HC/OC

Carolina Panthers new OC

Houston Texans new HC/OC/QB*

Indianapolis Colts new QB

Pittsburgh Steelers new OC

at Miami: new OC

at New England new QB*

at NY Jets new HC/OC/QB

at Jacksonville new HC/OC/QB

at New Orleans new QB

at Tampa Bay Buccaneers Same

at Tennessee Titans new OC

at Kansas City Chiefs maybe a new OC

18 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

The problem is that we were shown not to be a great player or two away from where KC is. We are more like 5 great players away. Those players are hard to find. 

I'd disagree w/ the characterization of "great."  We need to upgrade at certain positions, but after so many years in the drought where we had JAG's everywhere, and the offseason "needs" list was epic, catching KC in one offseason seems very feasible.

I don't think the gap was as stark as we saw the other night. Get a better running game & go into the re-match with a receiving corps that isn't as compromised by injuries, and we're right there on offense.  Obviously, we also need a better line and pass rush on the other side, but I could see a good draft and a key 1-2 FA acquisitions getting that unit up to speed.

I believe the future is bright as well but I'm sure the 49ers faithful though the same thing last year after making the Super Bowl.

If the Bills come to work focused next season the sky is the limit. If they come in thinking they are all that, it will be a rough season.

The talent is there. I believe the work ethic is as well. It truly is up to them just how good they want to be as a team moving forward.

Edited by Beast

19 hours ago, NJKBillsfan said:

That's where we can disagree. I just don't see this team as being an "elite passing offense". 

If we really had an elite passing offense why didn't the offense do more against Baltimore or KC? 

It doesn't matter whether you "see" this team as an elite passing offense. There are many ways to measure this, and all of them say you are completely wrong.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Beast said:

I believe the future is bright as well but I'm sure the 49ers faithful though the same thing last year after making the Super Bowl.

If the Bills come to work focused next season the sky is the limit. If they come in thinking they are all that, it will be a rough season.

The talent is there. I believe the work ethic is as well. It truly is up to them just how good they want to be as a team moving forward.

Obviously they had a great season and a lot of the talent is in place especially at the most important position. But there are concerns with this roster which have been pointed out by many posters. They need to upgrade the lines on both sides of the ball. Next season they have to have a more balanced offense as they were one dimensional this year. Think of how much more dangerous Allen can be with a running game. Defensively they need to do a better job in rushing the passer. I do think the future is bright with Beane and McDermott though. Hopefully Beane can make the necessary moves to improve this roster to help them take that next step and win a Super Bowl. This offseason with the draft and FA figures to be an interesting one. 

22 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

We need a wrecker on the DL.

Hughes is a good player, but we need someone who gets home. KC had 3 guys getting in seemingly every other play. 

We're missing a Bruce and a Thurman. 

The AFCCG exposed more weaknesses then I thought . Our Lines are soft d line is a complete marshmallow that gets pushed around. The O line  is usually good at pass pro but sucks running. We need an athletic road grater ( wish Teller was still here) we also a better TE. When they take away the back end of the passing game and we are given the underneath stuff we should  make teams pay . KC knew we couldn’t and that’s huge. I heard people say we are close I disagree.

39 minutes ago, Beast said:

this makes the beat down a little easier to accept.  There is less likelihood of complacency than if we hung with the chiefs for 3 quarters. 

54 minutes ago, BeefCurtns said:

The AFCCG exposed more weaknesses then I thought . Our Lines are soft d line is a complete marshmallow that gets pushed around. The O line  is usually good at pass pro but sucks running. We need an athletic road grater ( wish Teller was still here) we also a better TE. When they take away the back end of the passing game and we are given the underneath stuff we should  make teams pay . KC knew we couldn’t and that’s huge. I heard people say we are close I disagree.

Yeah, KC is way ahead on the lines and even on defense overall. 

Their defense is fast, hits hard, and always harasses the QB. 

They are going to curb stomp the Bucs. the game won't be close. 

Edited by TheFunPolice