The future is very bright

Like many of the rest of you, i am just heartbroken today,  i was so hopeful we would get our day to shine and make up for those 4 Super Bowl losses.  I am sure most you have read my posts during the season, yes i am one of the most pessimistic on this site and always the doubting Thomas. LMAO! Today i know something great is just getting started and the franchise is about to enjoy some great long-term success. Do we have some holes,  yes and so does every other team in this league.  The one thing that brings a smile to my face is despite the small holes to fill the most important position on the field is finally looking very good after so many years of searching for that guy.  Yes Allen was not at his best yesterday but fans should remember that Patrick Mahomes also failed in his first attempt in a championship game,  keep the faith because the sun is going to shine on this team and Allen is just getting started. So thanks to all Bills players who made this season my season of hope that "yes we can and we will be winning a Super Bowl in the coming years"

Cheers

Edited by Niagara Dude
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I totally agree i like to be a glass half full guy i'm not happy with the out come of the game yesterday like all Bills fans but we have taken a step closer to the goal and to be truthful am glad we lost that game than going to the SB and losing there if they go it's a must win game if not we will be considered the same ole Bills !

Beans wasn't the GM of the year for nothing he is very smart and now knows where the weakness lie weather it was in some of his draft picks or in FA's that he brought on board and i believe he will get it figured out .

• Like (+1) 1

For the old timers, this game was a lot like the team of the late '80's.  Right on the cusp, but not quite there yet.

Honestly, we'll probably look back & be grateful it played out this way.  I don't think there is much doubt that the lights were just a tiny bit too bright for us last night - and if that's the case in the AFCCG, it would have been a 500 watt experience in the upcoming SB, especially against Brady.

It's better to get to the championship in steps, in some ways.

1 minute ago, T master said:

I totally agree i like to be a glass half full guy i'm not happy with the out come of the game yesterday like all Bills fans but we have taken a step closer to the goal and to be truthful am glad we lost that game than going to the SB and losing there if they go it's a must win game if not we will be considered the same ole Bills !

Beans wasn't the GM of the year for nothing he is very smart and now knows where the weakness lie weather it was in some of his draft picks or in FA's that he brought on board and i believe he will get it figured out .

You make a great point that as painful as losing yesterday was,  the game also highlighted areas that need improvement.  I loved watching Diggs stay on the field to watch KC celebrate.  This will only fuel Diggs and Allen more getting ready for next season,  that tells me how much he wanted it and cares about winning.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

Disagree.

I think this team is overrated and got lucky to make it so far. 

ALERT: Giuseppe Tognarelli, the realist who many accuse of being wildly negative, thinks you're way off base with this take. The Bills were clearly the #2 team in the AFC (and probably the league). They're just not as good as the Chiefs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, NJKBillsfan said:

What is main strength on this team?

We have no running game, we have no pass rush, when we face a good passing QB we get LIT up.

What is this team good at?

Winning 15 games behind a rising superstar QB and making it the furthest we have in the Playoffs in the last 27 years. 

Like I actually think there was an argument that the 2019 Bills were overrated. Winning 10 games but against a bad bunch of teams. 

The 2020 Bills beat 

The Rams

The Dolphins twice

The Seahawks

The Steelers 

The Colts

The Ravens

All of whom won double digit games themselves. That is 7 wins against teams who were double digit win teams. 

We also beat the Raiders and the Cardinals who went 8-8. Of the Bills 15 wins this season only 6 came against teams with losing records. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

We need a wrecker on the DL.

Hughes is a good player, but we need someone who gets home. KC had 3 guys getting in seemingly every other play. 

We're missing a Bruce and a Thurman. 

Is that all?  I’m sure finding future HoF players at DE and RB should be a piece of cake...especially drafting 30th. 

5 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

What is main strength on this team?

We have no running game, we have no pass rush, when we face a good passing QB we get LIT up.

What is this team good at?

You conveniently left out passing the football? Thanks for setting me up... we had an elite passing offense this season, it’s not even debatable. That’s what the team is good at.  

If you’re arguing we’re not balanced, sure. 

If you’re arguing they are overrated because they were REALLY good at passing the ball and average to below average at everything else an route to winning 15 games against one of the 3 toughest schedules in the league... you need to re-evaluate your stance. 

Yes we went 13-3 in the regular season but to be fair the schedule was pretty weak. Look at the last 6 or 7 games...they were all against easy opponents. 

And in the 1st round we got outplayed by the Colts (7th seed) and easily could've been one and done. 

Please see the below post from Gunner. You're a buffoon if you think our schedule was weak. 

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Like I actually think there was an argument that the 2019 Bills were overrated. Winning 10 games but against a bad bunch of teams. 

The 2020 Bills beat 

The Rams

The Dolphins twice

The Seahawks

The Steelers 

The Colts

The Ravens

All of whom won double digit games themselves. That is 7 wins against teams who were double digit win teams. 

We also beat the Raiders and the Cardinals who went 8-8. Of the Bills 15 wins this season only 6 came against teams with losing records. 

9 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

Yes we went 13-3 in the regular season but to be fair the schedule was pretty weak. Look at the last 6 or 7 games...they were all against easy opponents. 

And in the 1st round we got outplayed by the Colts (7th seed) and easily could've been one and done. 

You can’t just assert the schedule was weak, it was one of the toughest schedules in the league, and the toughest amongst playoff teams. 

SOS at .512 was the highest of all playoff teams. 

SOV at .471 was the highest of all playoff teams 

The 7 seed Colts were an 11-5 football team that was a tiebreaker away from being the 4 seed. 

Try again. 

Edited by JGMcD2

Please...pretty sure all season long we were being reminded that we had one of the most difficult schedules in the league and we had one of the best strengths of victory of anyone...it was all just nonsense now, right?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

So if you ignore the good teams they beat and pretend they lost games they actually won they are overrated? Got ya. 

#logic

Just now, NJKBillsfan said:

That's where we can disagree. I just don't see this team as being an "elite passing offense". 

If we really had an elite passing offense why didn't the offense do more against Baltimore or KC? 

They’re only good or bad by comparison, in comparison to NFL passing offenses in 2020, they were elite. 

Why didn’t we? Because Baltimore and KC are arguably the two best pass defenses in the entire league.

Sprinkling in our entire WR room being hurt, and our #2 option playing a with broken leg,  doesn’t help either.