Just A Simple Question and NOT Political Why Didn't The Bills Come Out for National Anthem?

Like A Mofo

7 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Same.

It's an obvious question that gets asked when you're watching with a group. "How come they are just showing KC?" 

Exactly, I was thinking, "well, I guess we all know who CBS & the league wants to win this game."

Odd question when the answer is so obvious, 

16 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I think it's to avoid the issue of anyone kneeling for the anthem. Guys on both sides of the issue, so why make it an issue at all? Stay in the locker room away from cameras. 

It's a bit of a bummer but it's not the end of the world to me. 

Would of been very interesting to see how the Bills would have handled that if they made the Super Bowl

Simple answer and I support the idea for the entire league actually. Athletes are not paid to be props during the national anthem, if you want to stand,sit,or do a head stand is your right to freedom. As a organization I wouldn't want to force anyone to do anything they didn't want to nor deal with the fallout of x number of players doing some demonstration. 

I personally support the national anthem but hey that's my choice. Stay in the locker room and let everyone do what they are comfortable with without causing distractions from what you pay them to do. Play football.

• Agree 2

I hadn’t noticed they’ve stayed in the locker room all season. Was annoyed they were only showing the Chiefs as well. 

My guess is the players were told make a choice but do it as a team. They couldn’t all agree to stand or kneel so they just stay in the locker room together. 

Considering that having the teams out on the field for the national anthem only started as recently as 2002 (When the DoD sunk a ton of cash into advertising with the NFL), this should not be a big deal.

None of the previous Bills Super Bowl era teams were on the field for the national anthem, because back then NO teams were out for the national anthem.

They should go back to that structure. Or just not do the national anthem at all since it has zero relevancy at all at sporting events, other than to serve as a warning for people still tailgating or in the concession line that the game will be starting soon.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Like A Mofo said:

Not trying to start anything political here I just wanted to ask our community here to see if there is an explanation or have the Bills done this most of the year:

Why didn't the Bills come out for the National Anthem last night?

Had some friends texting me about this and wanted to offer any explanation if available..

Thanks

They've done this all season.  They apparently discussed as group how to handle and that was the group decision.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Not an issue.  I served in the US Navy and frankly think the anthem is unnecessary before sporting events anyways.  It's like it's used as a patriotic litmus test or something.

I agree 100%.  I get at the beginning of the Super Bowl or the start of the playoffs but every time?  Especially baseball. 

• Like (+1) 2

• Simon locked this topic