Bills 2021 Free Agents

BillsMafi$

37 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I think he meant for the following year, impacted by this year's FA class. 

But it's not clear if that is the case either...guys need to resign elsewhere to count and depends on lots of other moves. 

1 minute ago, OrtonHearsaWho said:

Williams might be slightly cheaper after yesterday's game...he was not good at all.

I think we end up re-signing Williams or Milano but not both and if I had to pick one it would probably be Williams.

No one on the line was good. Williams had an elite season and guys like that don't grow on trees. He's definitely worth spending some cash on.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

Would like to see the following return:

- Milano at a reasonable rate

- Norman at vet min

- Feliciano and Daryl Williams. Move on from Morse

- Yeldon and Jones

- McKenzie and Roberts

Feliciano got rag dolled the entire game by Chris Jones.  I realize that Jones is a monster and does it to most guards....but we have to improve our guards play next year.  I dunno how we can do it, but Feliciano is not the answer as a pass blocker.  He routinely gets wrecked.  

I love his attitude.....I just think that we have to look at this chiefs game and adjust accordingly. Improving the interior of our OL is paramount 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Just now, NewEra said:

Feliciano got rag dolled the entire game by Chris Jones.  I realize that Jones is a monster and does it to most guards....but we have to improve our guards play next year.  I dunno how we can do it, but Feliciano is not the answer as a pass blocker.  He routinely gets wrecked.  

I love his attitude.....I just think that we have to look at this chiefs game and adjust accordingly. Improving the interior of our OL is paramount 

They needed to double Jones on every play— the same way they treated Hayward. 

1 hour ago, BillsMafi$ said:

DE Trent Murphy
TE Tyler Kroft

LB Matt Milano
CB Josh Norman
OL Ty Nsekhe
OL Jon Feliciano
OL Brian Winters
WR Andre Roberts
OL Daryl Williams
QB Matt Barkley
RB Taiwan Jones
RB TJ Yeldon
S Dean Marlowe
WR Isaiah McKenzie
CB Levi Wallace
LB Andre Smith

I say goodbye to bolded players.  Also Morse, Jefferson/Butler and Smoke could be released as well.

52 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Cut Morse and give Feliciano $5m per year. Cut Brown and find a way to re-sign Williams. Those cuts and re-signings basically offset and don’t make us worse.  Losing Williams or Feliciano makes us worse.  

The problem with this is:  we need to get BETTER.  Our OL got dominated last night. We’re supposed to be a good pass blocking line that can’t run blocks.  Last night, we were a terrible pass blocking team that can’t run block.  Something needs to change with our OL if we want to win the SB.  I don’t think that just replacing Morse will be the difference.  Ford/Boettger (who’s a FA) at Lg? Ugh.  The entire interior OL is pretty weak imo. 

45 minutes ago, Logic said:

Well, I think looking at Milano's play and his effect on the defense overall strictly through the lens of tight end coverage is over-simplifying it a bit. Furthermore, the Bills DID erase Mark Andrews against the Ravens, and that was largely Milano's doing.

Last night's pre-game show put up a graphic showing that in the first 10 weeks of the season, the Bills were something like 26th in points allowed. In the final six weeks of the season, they were 2nd in points allowed. To me, it's no coincidence that their period of greatly improved play lined up with Milano's return to good health. There was also the statistic that, prior to last night, they were 12-0 with Milano in the lineup and 3-3 without him

Milano is a sideline-to-sideline run defender, a quality pass defender, a good blitzer, and a generally high quality player who is just coming into the prime years of his career. He also plays a premium position in McDermott's defense. To my eyes, the difference in our defense with and without him in the lineup is night and day. I will continue to be puzzled by many Bills fans' ambivalence towards him and willingness to let him walk just because....well I'm not really sure WHY, even. 

The bolded is the only reason why resigning Milano to a hefty contract isn’t a no brainer. Availability has been a serious issue with him. All of the other arguments against resigning him are exaggerations at best. The only question is wether or not this team can afford to gamble a lot of cap space on his health.

1 hour ago, Stokes84 said:

I wish I had a better grasp of the cap implications, but I will say that even though Milano had been a beast in previous seasons, he was not very impactful this year.  Once Klein got his head wrapped around the defense, there wasn’t much of a drop off.  I would not pay Milano big $$$.  IMO, McKenzie, Feliciano, and Marlowe are absolutely guys that need to return.

Milano and Klein are completely different tools. Imagine Klein trying to cover someone lol! Its just apples and oranges. Hopefully we can get Milano back on a fair deal, don't want to create another hole, especially one that can't and shouldn't be plugged with a draft pick.

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

They needed to double Jones on every play— the same way they treated Hayward. 

You can’t double on every play when your opposition is blitzing every other play because we can’t run the ball

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

People are blind to how often Feliciano gets wrecked because he’s become a big locker room guy, and he always sticks up for his teammates on the field. Fans think that translates to being a solid player. This line really isn’t very good. Josh made them look decent most of the year. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I agree and that's why I'd like to see Feliciano go to Center and cut ties at this point with Morse. 

1 minute ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Milano and Klein are completely different tools. Imagine Klein trying to cover someone lol! Its just apples and oranges. Hopefully we can get Milano back on a fair deal, don't want to create another hole, especially one that can't and shouldn't be plugged with a draft pick.

That’s right, Klein isn’t covering anyone.  But I’m not interested in overpaying Milano because you don’t want to throw Dean Marlowe or whoever onto the field on 3rd and long.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, SirAndrew said:

People are blind to how often Feliciano gets wrecked because he’s become a big locker room guy, and he always sticks up for his teammates on the field. Fans think that translates to being a solid player. This line really isn’t very good. Josh made them look decent most of the year. 

Agreed.  The line also looked better than it is because we used more than 5 blockers at a higher rate than 90% of the league

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I'm wondering cut Morse/re-sign Mongo to play center is a possibility.  I know the sample size is small but he seemed to play well when called on to replace Morse.

1 minute ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

I agree and that's why I'd like to see Feliciano go to Center and cut ties at this point with Morse. 

That’s why you want to have a center that gets rag dolled all the time? Idk man.  He’s just not a good pass blocker. 

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You can’t double on every play when your opposition is blitzing every other play because we can’t run the ball

maybe not every play— that is probably an exaggeration. But they needed to double Jones more. I am pretty sure he was 1 on 1 with Mongo all night.  Steelers blitz a lot too— and the Bills figured out how to double Hayward, block Watt, and protect Allen. 

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The problem with this is:  we need to get BETTER.  Our OL got dominated last night. We’re supposed to be a good pass blocking line that can’t run blocks.  Last night, we were a terrible pass blocking team that can’t run block.  Something needs to change with our OL if we want to win the SB.  I don’t think that just replacing Morse will be the difference.  Ford/Boettger (who’s a FA) at Lg? Ugh.  The entire interior OL is pretty weak imo. 

They might need to look at Bobby Johnson & Daboll’s’ blocking schemes and play designs as well. It seems like there are a few issues besides just a lack of talent at play. As much as I’ve been down on Ford all year, I do recall the Rams moving Donald around because Ford managed to stonewall him. It may be that our Oline talent isn’t reaching its potential, and that’s on coaching. 

Obviously depends on price and all that, but my initial feelings of it (not what we WILL do but what I would do):

DE Trent Murphy - gone
TE Tyler Kroft - gone
LB Matt Milano - would like to keep but might get priced out
CB Josh Norman - gone or camp body
OL Ty Nsekhe - gone
OL Jon Feliciano - keep
OL Brian Winters - gone
WR Andre Roberts - gone
OL Daryl Williams - would like to keep
QB Matt Barkley - don't care
RB Taiwan Jones - gone
RB TJ Yeldon - gone
S Dean Marlowe - gone or camp body
WR Isaiah McKenzie - trying to replace him this offseason but open to giving him a camp deal until we get an actual replacement in house
CB Levi Wallace - keep

LB Andre Smith - don't care