Bills 2021 Free Agents

BillsMafi$

20 minutes ago, Logic said:

Anyone who has seen the difference in statistical production of our defense with and without Milano — last night not withstanding — can see he should be a top priority to re-sign. Many Bills fans are way too willing to let him walk, and many more mistakenly think he’d be easy to replace.

Re-sign Milano, Feliciano, Williams. Tender Wallace and see if you can get McKenzie and Marlowe back for cheap. Everyone else can walk.

I'm not sure about Milano. Watching the games it "seems" like he's good but isn't his specialty supposed to be TE coverage. We didn't stop one TE all year.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, jahnyc said:

Seems to me that the only really tough calls for our UFAs will be Milano, Williams and Feliciano.    If we re-sign all of them, it could cost us at least $25 million in total.  Given that we are right at the cap now not including necessary cap space for the draft, we would need to do a lot of restructuring or cutting just to be able to bring these three back.

I think we can all kiss williams goodbye. Lower cap or not dude is about to get top 5 right tackle money and that’s more than likely not something we will offer 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

Seems to me that the only really tough calls for our UFAs will be Milano, Williams and Feliciano.    If we re-sign all of them, it could cost us at least $25 million in total.  Given that we are right at the cap now not including necessary cap space for the draft, we would need to do a lot of restructuring or cutting just to be able to bring these three back.

True, it will be difficult to keep all of them.

15 minutes ago, IBTG81 said:

Feliciano (new center)

Williams

Milano

McKenzie

Wallace

Everyone else can gtfo. 

I was thinking the same thing about Mongo. Our lack of heft at the center position was obvious last night. No matter which way they ran, the hole was not there. During pass plays, the d tackles got to Allen before he could catch the ball. It's an obvious upgrade. 

5 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

I'm not sure about Milano. Watching the games it "seems" like he's good but isn't his specialty supposed to be TE coverage. We didn't stop one TE all year.

Well, I think looking at Milano's play and his effect on the defense overall strictly through the lens of tight end coverage is over-simplifying it a bit. Furthermore, the Bills DID erase Mark Andrews against the Ravens, and that was largely Milano's doing.

Last night's pre-game show put up a graphic showing that in the first 10 weeks of the season, the Bills were something like 26th in points allowed. In the final six weeks of the season, they were 2nd in points allowed. To me, it's no coincidence that their period of greatly improved play lined up with Milano's return to good health. There was also the statistic that, prior to last night, they were 12-0 with Milano in the lineup and 3-3 without him. 

Milano is a sideline-to-sideline run defender, a quality pass defender, a good blitzer, and a generally high quality player who is just coming into the prime years of his career. He also plays a premium position in McDermott's defense. To my eyes, the difference in our defense with and without him in the lineup is night and day. I will continue to be puzzled by many Bills fans' ambivalence towards him and willingness to let him walk just because....well I'm not really sure WHY, even. 

34 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

Would like to see the following return:

- Milano at a reasonable rate

- Norman at vet min

- Feliciano and Daryl Williams. Move on from Morse

- Yeldon and Jones

- McKenzie and Roberts

This coaching staff clearly doesn't believe in Yeldon even if he is 3x better than Singletary. My priorities are Williams, Milano and Feliciano in that order. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

And he didn't make a tackle on a qb blitz all year. Fundamentals were lacking for the entire linebackers. Coaching staff upgrades would be nice, but McD has his good old boy club.

Edited by fasteddie
  • Eyeroll 1

DE Trent Murphy-NO
TE Tyler Kroft-No, we didn't use him at all late in the season
LB Matt Milano-Maybe, if the price isn't too high
CB Josh Norman-No thanks
OL Ty Nsekhe-Yes, he is a good backup if he comes cheap 
OL Jon Feliciano-No, I think he's overrated and will be overpaid come free agency. Good dude and not bad, but will be overpaid
OL Brian Winters-NO
WR Andre Roberts-Yes
OL Daryl Williams-Yes, he has been pretty good this year and we don't have a replacement for him
QB Matt Barkley-No, we should upgrade
RB Taiwan Jones-Why not
RB TJ Yeldon-I would, but they clearly don't like him for some reason. 
S Dean Marlowe-Yes
WR Isaiah McKenzie-Yes, such a useful player
CB Levi Wallace-Yes, will be cheap. Don't mind him as long as he isn't a full-time starter
LB Andre Smith-Who cares

Cut 

DT Vernon Butler-Easy choice with Star coming back

DT Quinton Jefferson-Major disappointment, has barely made any plays

DE Mario Addison-Has done nothing to live up to his 3 year contract

WR John Brown-Love the guy and would love to keep him, but the cap math probably won't work out

Edited by MWK
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

DE Trent Murphy - WALK
TE Tyler Kroft - WALK
LB Matt Milano - WALK
CB Josh Norman -WALK
OL Ty Nsekhe - Re-sign as swing tackle
OL Jon Feliciano - Re-sign as Center 
OL Brian Winters - WALK
WR Andre Roberts - WALK
OL Daryl Williams -Re-sign as RT
QB Matt Barkley - WALK
RB Taiwan Jones -WALK
RB TJ Yeldon - WALK
S Dean Marlowe - Re-sign as depth
WR Isaiah McKenzie - Re-sign as WR6/Gadget/KR/PR
CB Levi Wallace - Re-sign as depth 
LB Andre Smith - WALK

*CUTS

JOHN BROWN

QUINTON JEFFERSON

VERNON BUTLER

MARIO ADDISON

MITCH MORSE

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 5

I hate the fact we can’t cover TEs, I feel that mostly Edmunds fault. Edmunds offers SO MUCH versatility but isn’t progressing much as a cover LB. 

It’s crazy I’m going to say this, but I wouldn’t hate letting an over priced Milano walk and signing/drafting a ‘Big Nickel’ SS/LB hybrid since we mostly play with 2 LB.

IF they re-sign a fair priced Milano, I wonder if we could see him switch to Mike in passing situations, a true SS/LB hybrid is the 2nd LB and Edmunds takes a Lorenzo Alexander type role in the nickel. 

Also, I low-key think Morse retires 

With Milano, I’d offer him a little more than he’s making now and let him walk. No way is he worth the big bucks. Edmunds moves over and we find a top-10 mike.

Williams stays only at a reasonable price.

John Brown will have to take a pay cut to stay.

bye bye to the rest of them.

41 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Never mind the fact that we are paying Edmunds, like it or not.  

If the goal is to beat the Chiefs, we can't be tying up money is not one, but two, Linebackers that can't cover tight ends.  

1 hour ago, BillsMafi$ said:

DE Trent Murphy
TE Tyler Kroft
LB Matt Milano
CB Josh Norman
OL Ty Nsekhe
OL Jon Feliciano
OL Brian Winters
WR Andre Roberts
OL Daryl Williams
QB Matt Barkley
RB Taiwan Jones
RB TJ Yeldon
S Dean Marlowe
WR Isaiah McKenzie
CB Levi Wallace
LB Andre Smith

The key ones in my opinion are Milano, Ty, Mongo, Roberts, D.Williams, McKenzie and Levi Wallace. That's 4 starters and 3 impactful role players or depth players (Roberts, Ty and Mac). The odds of keeping all 7 are low even if the cap is set at 195 million or above. The Bills likely are going to be able to have a budget to retain some of these players but likely not all.

If you can only retain 3 of the starters and 1-2 of the role players I would keep D.Williams above and beyond anyone else and then keep Mongo and hopefully either Milano or Wallace. I would let Milano or Wallace walk if their demands don't line up. As far as Ty, Roberts and Mac I would make a good effort to resign all three but I feel like any of them wanting more than they are worth you have to let them walk and look for cheaper options. Ideally I would love to see the cap set at 205 million and the Bills resign their players to the following deals. 

Daryl Williams - 3 years 30 million 

Mongo 3 years 15.5 million (similar structure to Spain)

Milano 3 years 24 million 

Levi Wallace - 2 years 12 million 

Ty- 1 year 3.5 million

Roberts - 1 year 3.4 million 

Mac - 1 year 2.3 million 

That would add up to 38.5 million which with a cap at 205 million would put the Bills in the need to cut about 30 million via other cuts and restructurings to fit the rookie pool and emergency money in. Butler is an easy cut that saves about 7 million and Q.Jefferson is either an easy cut that saves 7 million or a restructure that could save 3-4 million (I would more like to see him restructured.) Lee Smith is another cut that saves 2.25 million and then you have John Brown who saves another 8 million on the table or is a restructure candidate to save 2-3 million. 

You also have big contracts from Mitch, Addision and Hughes that are deals that you can restructure. It will be interesting to see just if the Bills can make the cuts to Smith and Butler (saving about 9.5 million on the cap) and then make the needed restructurings to Brown, Jefferson, Mitch, Addison, and Hughes to make the cap work. More than likely they are going to have to make a cut that will hurt or let a key player or two walk.