Are the fans an issue?

ToBillsFan

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

If this is truly an issue, then Josh Allen isn't the right guy.

That said - I believe 100% that he IS the right guy.  We got our asses kicked yesterday because we played a team that was a lot more talented on offense AND defense; and their coaching staff is much better than ours.

All of that is true, but Josh also had a pretty crap performance which can't be overlooked.  He most definitely has a "rattled mode" and it's pretty darned obvious when he enters it.  He's still entering it even at this stage of his career, which is concerning.  Hopefully he naturally grows out of it with age and experience.  

He took a gigantic leap from 2019 to 2020; if he can even take another small step into 2021 we'll be looking good.

7 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

All of that is true, but Josh also had a pretty crap performance which can't be overlooked.  He most definitely has a "rattled mode" and it's pretty darned obvious when he enters it.  He's still entering it even at this stage of his career, which is concerning.  Hopefully he naturally grows out of it with age and experience.  

He took a gigantic leap from 2019 to 2020; if he can even take another small step into 2021 we'll be looking good.

I don't think he was rattled.  I think he had a beaten up WR corps and an O line who didn't protect him.  He absolutely had a bad game, but I really think it was because KC is just a much, much better team.  For now.

No, not an issue because all the teams play in the same conditions. Don’t think it was an issue at all last night, or any other game this year where fans were present. The team is not as talented as the Chiefs, and they were also soundly outcoached in every aspect. Noise wasn’t a factor. 

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The throw he made down the sideline that was literally right to the undercutting defender was the only real "bruhhhh" moment I saw last night.  That moment, I said out loud... "Josh is shook right now."

I do think he calmed down after that, but with nobody else stepping up, we had no shot to get back in the game.  Then he just went hero mode.. which I can't really fault. 

37 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

The crazy thing about watching JA is I feel from the get go with the demeanor and look in his eyes if he's feeling the jitters in a game. 

I can't tell you it's 100% accurate, but I can tell you that he looked unsettled from the get go yesterday.

To me, he had the same look in the Ravens game.  Played a little tight in both games and just had that look in the eyes.  Not sure if it is a thing or not but again, to me, but the look in his eyes did seem to correlate to his play in both the Ravens and Chiefs games.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

To me, he had the same look in the Ravens game.  Played a little tight in both games and just had that look in the eyes.  Not sure if it is a thing or not but again, to me, but the look in his eyes did seem to correlate to his play in both the Ravens and Chiefs games.

Agreed, man. Sometimes the moment just seems too big. I don't think it will always be like that and he'll mature and grow from it, but you can see the unease in his eyes and emotions in big spots sometimes.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ToBillsFan said:

Please hear me out and don’t just assume I’m trying to cause problems because I don’t think what I’m about to write is true but it’s a thought.

The Bills and mainly Josh had an outstanding season and nobody can deny that. They did it though with empty stands, so in turn a simulated practice setting. This took away some of the noise and pressures of performing in front of others. Yesterday seemed to be the closest setting to a full stadium that we’ve seen all season and the Bills look overwhelmed and outmatched. We have already seen Josh get rattled in previous years under the spotlight and yesterday was a memory of that. Like I said I really don’t think that is the case but we will see next season when hopefully fans return, whether or not that added pressure and noise has a negative impact.

This is an open discussion and I love my Bills and Josh especially so this is not to stir up any kind of negativity.

I don't buy this at all.  Late in the season when you started to see fans coming back into the stadiums the Bills were still winning their games in style and that includes two playoff wins against very good teams.

The issue is that for 31 teams the season ends on a loss. And the further in the playoffs you go the more disappointing the loss.

Yesterday's loss was entirely predictable:

*  we were playing the best team in football who went 14 - 2 and were defending Super Bowl Champs.

*  The Bills had a fatal flaw on offense that only 2 teams exploited - the Chiefs & Ravens.  That flaw was NO running game and RB's/TE's that were not very dangerous in the passing game. We were one dimensional on O - Allen throwing to WR's.  In hindsight it's amazing the Bills O played as well as they did this season.  That's a testimony to the elite QB & WR play we enjoyed.

*  On defense the fatal flaw was that the defensive line didn't have a dominant pass rusher or top level run stopper.  Missing these things forced the coaches to game plan on D to hide the defect.  That left us vulnerable to an offense that game planned better like KC.

These factors have far more to do with yesterdays loss then the presence or absence of fans.