The chiefs are 15x better than everyone else

Teddy KGB

I wouldn't say that take is wrong.  But I also think the gap between the Chiefs and Bills isn't nearly as stark as it appeared last night.

One of the Chiefs players said something about the Bills being where the Chiefs were 2 years ago. I think that's accurate - the Bills are still putting their championship team together, and taking a few lumps along the way.

Rome isn't built overnight, as they say.  When they showed Beane last night, you could almost see his mind working through scenarios on where & how to improve the team and build them to beat KC.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

This same Chiefs team was 8 minutes from losing their first Super Bowl appearance in 40 years last year let’s not kid ourselves KC is good but you can beat them 

I think they are better on D in 2020 than 2019.   

You can but you have to fire on all cylinders/pitch a perfect game. 

I was hoping the Raiders would be one of the teams that made the playoffs this year. Maybe its because both teams hate each other being an intense AFCW rivalry but the Raiders match up well with the Chiefs. They usually put up a good fight against them and give them more trouble than most other teams.

This Chiefs team is by far the best team I have ever seen play. It honestly seems like the only thing that stops their offense is that they get bored or lose focus for a drive or two. They are stacked everywhere. Weapons everywhere on offense. 2 very good RBs. HOF TE. Fantastic DL that gets pressure all game. Talent all over the back end on defense. HOF coach. It is an all-star team that also plays clutch. That's lethal. 

AND they banked a ring early on in the window. That is HUGE for a team. There's no "yeah, but" like Manning's Colts dealt with for years. You can even see that, if possible, Andy Reid actually got better as a HC and play caller this season with that weight off of him. Guys play with a different type of mentality. It's not "we've got to win one for Mahomes and Reid" anymore. 

People talked about how they didn't win big most of the season. Honestly, they were bored with regular season games, and when they needed a play they just made one to win those games anyway. Even when they seem disinterested they still win. 

If Mahomes stays healthy the entire Super Bowl they will win by 10+ depending on whether someone on KC drops a pass or fumbles on a given drive. That's the only thing that will keep the margin down. 

If KC brings it's A game they cannot be beaten. It's that simple. If they make mistakes, drop passes, fumble and injuries pile up Tampa might have a chance. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

A lot of their positions are plug and play. As long as they keep Mahomes, Kelce and Hill as the core it'll be pretty hard to stop this team in the near and forseeable future. 

They have some solid player free agents, and likely not very much cap space - so it'll be penny squeezing for them.  But they aren't players that are irreplaceable

Watkins - always hurt

Okafor - 3 sacks as a reserve DE

Sorensen - Starting safety next to mathieu

Breeland - Starting corner

Reiter - Starting Center

Remmers - Right tackle

So their roster depth all around will likely be tested.  

6 minutes ago, dneveu said:

They have some solid player free agents, and likely not very much cap space - so it'll be penny squeezing for them.  But they aren't players that are irreplaceable

Watkins - always hurt

Okafor - 3 sacks as a reserve DE

Sorensen - Starting safety next to mathieu

Breeland - Starting corner

Reiter - Starting Center

Remmers - Right tackle

So their roster depth all around will likely be tested.  

Sorenson is replaced by Thonrhill who has split duty with this year anyway and that kid can ball. 

Remmers is a backup, Mitchell Schwartz is the starter. Breeland and Reiter are the two starters they need to try and replace.

25 minutes ago, boco357 said:

Still no excuse for not going for a haymaker.  Where were all the trick plays on offense or even a fake punt or FG.  I'd be happier losing by over 20 points if they laid it out, they didn't/

The coaching staff played scared and defensively, after really growing out of that mold during the regular season.

Very disheartening.  I do think the coaching staff has grown/developed/matured a LOT since it's been here.  They keep learning and improving as much as Josh Allen.

So hopefully this all funnels into a stronger team and coaching staff in 2021.

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

I was hoping the Raiders would be one of the teams that made the playoffs this year. Maybe its because both teams hate each other being an intense AFCW rivalry but the Raiders match up well with the Chiefs. They usually put up a good fight against them and give them more trouble than most other teams.

I good RB goes a long way in keeping that KC defense honest.