Who's your one pass catcher to add? Draft, Free Agency or Trade.

Keelan Cole from the Jags. He’d put up #’s in this offense and wouldn’t cost as much as Brown. I’d also like to draft some speed Oclave is prolly the one who is best that would drop to 30. He’s not as fast but would be another great route runner along side diggs

Edited by Rebel101

2 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

Keelan Cole from the Jags. He’d put up #’s in this offense and wouldn’t cost as much as Brown. I’d also like to draft some speed Toney is prolly the one who is best that would drop to 30.

I've read Toney is 4.6 speed. Not quite that fast.

21 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I would say Hunter Henry

He is definitely not available, though I would counter with Rudolph from the Vikings. Expect him to be a cap casualty since the can't afford him and they have Irv Smith Jr., Rudolph already made it clear no pay cut will be expected. 

With the lower salary cap you could probably get him cheaper than usual spreading out a signing bonus. He isn't my first pick but it's realistic. 

Receivers should be fine if Davis continues to develop.

2 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

He is definitely not available, though I would counter with Rudolph from the Vikings. Expect him to be a cap casualty since the can't afford him and they have Irv Smith Jr., Rudolph already made it clear no pay cut will be expected. 

With the lower salary cap you could probably get him cheaper than usual spreading out a signing bonus. He isn't my first pick but it's realistic. 

Receivers should be fine if Davis continues to develop.

Hunter Henry is a FA and could be avaliable. Rudolph is no different than having Knox or Kroft or any of the other TEs we have

On 1/25/2021 at 7:28 AM, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Receiver or Tight End.

Look at the teams competing in the super bowl this year. Each has not one but two elite receivers for each team. Beane is going to have to continue to work his magic.

My nomination:

Kenny Golladay.

We have to check out his medicals coming off that hip injury but he'll only be 27 to start the season next year. At 6'4" he still has enough speed to take the top off the defense. A deep threat that has averaged nearly 17 yards per reception for his four year career. He'd play the Marquez Valdez-Scantling role in our offense. Would we be able to clear enough cap space to afford him? He's a candidate to be franchise tagged too if the Lions can't work out a deal.

He'll likely earn the third highest WR contract in free agency this off-season behind Allen Robinson and Chris Godwin. 

No offense, but 0% chance we sign a top end WR.  

First, we dont need it.  And 2, we cant afford it.  Not even sure why anyone would even speculate on this, has almost no chance of happening.

Also, not sure why you would call it the "Marquez-Valdez-Scantling role"...why would you want to sign someone like Kenny to play the role of a less talented and less used WR?  

I do see us adding a TE, someone like Ertz makes a lot of sense for the right price.  

On 1/28/2021 at 1:25 PM, Franchiseneedsme said:

Could the Bills ditch both Beasley and Brown, and add a big time free agent? I like Mckenzie out of the slot.  Diggs, Robinson, Davis, Mckenzie> Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Davis. For close to the same money but looks way scarier

WHAT!?  Lol, who in their right mind would think we would cut Beasley, let alone want us to?  Never happening.

18 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Hunter Henry is a FA and could be avaliable. Rudolph is no different than having Knox or Kroft or any of the other TEs we have

I still don't believe Henry would be available. They will tag him if they have to, and I'm thinking he knows he has a QB in Herbert. 

Rudolph is a better pass catcher than he gets credit for, Diggs left Minnesota for lack of opportunity in a run first offense and Rudolph suffers from that as well. 

Not that I would be against Henry obviously, just don't think it's realistic 

McKinney's deal is coming up and there are a few really quick burners with burst and hands that are going to be at the Senior bowl if we are looking for that KC Hill type.

Daboll has to do more to incorporate that player into plays on the field. I felt McKinney was under utilized.

There are some good tweener prospects safety/linebacker that could give us better options to cover tightends considering Milano likely walking and our aging safeties.

An impact 1-tech DT that can replace Star in that desperately needed anchor NT role is a must I think.

There are a few TE prospects that can add competition in the later rounds.

With some of the long term deals the Bills want to get done and limited cap space, the FO is not going to be able to be aggressive/active in FA.

If anything Beane will be shedding cap to try to free up some space.

Edited by WideNine

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Also, not sure why you would call it the "Marquez-Valdez-Scantling role"...why would you want to sign someone like Kenny to play the role of a less talented and less used WR?  

Just saying he would be our deep threat to our do it all receiver in Diggs. In Green Bay Diggs counter part is Adams. Plus they are nearly identical in size. I would expect more out of Golladay for sure. MVS is the poorman Golladay in this scenario.

But at any rate, I do tend to agree that his price tag is likely too high so I'll post the name of the guy I really like for us now in a minute.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

You beat me to it Doc.

Agholor is my number one target to add to the receiving core through free agency. He's a far cheaper and therefore more realistic option than Golladay. Not sure how in the world he is coming off a one year $1 million dollar contract from the Raiders. Spotrac has his next contract projected at 2 years $20 million now. That's $7 million per year cheaper than Golladay's projection.  I wish John Brown well but I'm all for replacing him with Agholor.

Agholor reportedly blew up on the entire Raiders team including his teammates in the locker room after the Miami loss. The dude is cut from the same cloth as Diggs. He just wants to compete. 

Despite playing with a QB that prefers to spread it around to TE's and Running Backs, Agholor managed to have a break out season showing that he can be a big play threat averaging 18.7 ypc. He's the same age as Diggs. 

Agholor doesn't have any real injury issues or concerns as far as I know. He played all 16 last year and other than 2019 he played in all 16 in 2017 and 2018.

Brown, Beasley, Diggs have all had career years after joining the Bills and Allen. I'd predict the same for Agholor which would mean over 900 yards and around 10 TD's. 

In the draft go after the following with our first pick:

Kadarius Toney WR

Rondale Moore WR

Kyle Pitts TE

Defense with all our remaining picks. And probably rolling with Moss and Singeltary again in 2021.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/25/2021 at 9:28 AM, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Receiver or Tight End.

Look at the teams competing in the super bowl this year. Each has not one but two elite receivers for each team. Beane is going to have to continue to work his magic.

My nomination:

Kenny Golladay.

We have to check out his medicals coming off that hip injury but he'll only be 27 to start the season next year. At 6'4" he still has enough speed to take the top off the defense. A deep threat that has averaged nearly 17 yards per reception for his four year career. He'd play the Marquez Valdez-Scantling role in our offense. Would we be able to clear enough cap space to afford him? He's a candidate to be franchise tagged too if the Lions can't work out a deal.

He'll likely earn the third highest WR contract in free agency this off-season behind Allen Robinson and Chris Godwin. 

I think when Beane says not to expect a big move in FA this season like we saw with the trade for Diggs, we can probably believe him.

On 1/25/2021 at 9:33 AM, Plano said:

Allen lost himself some $ with those playoff performances, IMO. 

If the Bills take your viewpoint and draft a contract accordingly, it will be in his interest to not sign it.

• Like (+1) 1