Who's your one pass catcher to add? Draft, Free Agency or Trade.

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

If he's cut he's free to go where he wants. New England has major questions on offense especially QB. I wouldn't go there if I was Ertz. Seattle has Wilson and good WRs so Kelce could benefit there but wouldn't dismiss us from the conversation as we have many of same things Seattle offers yet have a bigger upside. The only thing is cap space might limit us.

Our QB doesn't disappear down the stretch every year like Seattle's does either

We don't have the $$$ to spend on FA's this year as we have little to no cap room, sooooo, I'd like to Najee Harris catching passes on swing routes next season. He caught 43 for 425 yds this season so he can catch the ball.

Can you imagine what he could've done with the pass that Singletary dropped ?

• Like (+1) 1

I think realistic FA pass catchers could be: 

Jones, JR (WR-Det) 

Everett (TE-LA) 

Henry would be awesome, but likely too expensive.  Same with Golladay.  

14 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Christian McCaffrey 

hah.  would love that.  But, Mike Davis would be a nice FA addition at RB.  

7 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I don't see why the 49ers would trade him. I think their hope is to run it back with a healthy team in 2021.

It's admittedly nothing but wishful thinking on my part, but rebuilding teams have done stranger things. Guess it depends on the extent of the rebuild, but if Jimmy G is out and they go with a new QB, it's pretty much a rebuild to some degree.

Edited by Nelius

On 1/26/2021 at 5:34 PM, billsfan89 said:

Knox to me developed into a starting caliber TE. But I am not sure if he will ever be a dynamic top 5TE like a Kelce, Kittle or Waller. And it sucks that a dynamic TE might be the last piece missing on offense. It also is unfortunate that a dynamic edge rusher might also be the last piece missing to the defense. Both of those pieces are hard to find. 

It used to be a top 5QB was Bills' biggest concern so they have improved.

3 minutes ago, Nelius said:

It's admittedly nothing but wishful thinking on my part, but rebuilding teams have done stranger things. Guess it depends on the extent of the rebuild, but if Jimmy G is out and they go with a new QB, it's pretty much a rebuild to some degree.

They aren't looking to rebuild. They're looking to upgrade at QB so that they can be Super Bowl contenders next year.

I wanna see us get Richard Rodgers on 2-3 year deal. He's not a bad blocker and PFF gave him the third highest receiving grade of any TE (kelce 1st, waller 2nd, kittle 4th). Knox was on the field for 420 (nice) dropbacks and had 24 catches for 288 yards. Rodgers was on the field for only 180 dropbacks and had 24 catches for 345 yards.

6 hours ago, DCOrange said:

They aren't looking to rebuild. They're looking to upgrade at QB so that they can be Super Bowl contenders next year.

Good luck with an unknown QB, no Robert Saleh, Jerick McKinnon trashing the team, etc....regardless of my Deebo dreams, the Niners aren't getting anywhere near the Super Bowl next year. So maybe they officially rebuild the year after. Anyway, thread title includes trades so I'm putting it out there. I'm aware it's not terribly realistic, but I clearly rate the Niners lower than some of you.

Edited by Nelius

22 hours ago, Nelius said:

Deebo Samuel. Let the San Francisco melt down commence.

Deebo is always hurt.  GREAT player.  Always hurt.  Pass

2 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Well good luck with an unknown QB, no Robert Saleh, Jerick McKinnon trashing the team, etc....regardless of my Deebo dreams, the Niners aren't getting anywhere near the Super Bowl next year.

stafford, kittle, deebo, aiyuk, Bosa, shanahans run game. 

Bosa is a game wrecker and makes them a super bowl contender again if they upgrade jimmy g imo

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Deebo is always hurt.  GREAT player.  Always hurt.  Pass

stafford, kittle, deebo, aiyuk, Bosa, shanahans run game. 

Bosa is a game wrecker and makes them a super bowl contender again if they upgrade jimmy g imo

Eh maybe if they get Stafford, I wasn't considering that. Is he really an upgrade? I know he's had some big statistical seasons but he's simply never done anything. I'm sure most will blame the Lions for his career but I'm not entirely convinced that a 33 year old Matthew Stafford is the key to a Super Bowl run. If they get him.

On 1/25/2021 at 10:28 AM, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Receiver or Tight End.

Look at the teams competing in the super bowl this year. Each has not one but two elite receivers for each team. Beane is going to have to continue to work his magic.

My nomination:

Kenny Golladay.

We have to check out his medicals coming off that hip injury but he'll only be 27 to start the season next year. At 6'4" he still has enough speed to take the top off the defense. A deep threat that has averaged nearly 17 yards per reception for his four year career. He'd play the Marquez Valdez-Scantling role in our offense. Would we be able to clear enough cap space to afford him? He's a candidate to be franchise tagged too if the Lions can't work out a deal.

He'll likely earn the third highest WR contract in free agency this off-season behind Allen Robinson and Chris Godwin. 

Taking everything like cap whatever out of it, i'd probably say corey davis?

32 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Personally, I like Mike Williams of the Chargers.  I think he is underutilized there and would be a great addition.

Interesting player and interesting contract status. A lot of injury issues. But no question he has been able to produce well when he's available. 

It looks like he has no dead cap hit to the Chargers this year if I am reading the Spotrac website right? But a $15 million dollar cap hit and a UFA next off-season. I would assume the Bills would inherit the entirety of the $15 million dollar cap hit for 2021? It did look like the Chargers had some other young up and coming receiver options if they wanted to trade Williams. But with his injury history and no long-term contract I wouldn't want to risk more than maybe a 4th round pick in a trade. 

32 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Interesting player and interesting contract status. A lot of injury issues. But no question he has been able to produce well when he's available. 

It looks like he has no dead cap hit to the Chargers this year if I am reading the Spotrac website right? But a $15 million dollar cap hit and a UFA next off-season. I would assume the Bills would inherit the entirety of the $15 million dollar cap hit for 2021? It did look like the Chargers had some other young up and coming receiver options if they wanted to trade Williams. But with his injury history and no long-term contract I wouldn't want to risk more than maybe a 4th round pick in a trade. 

Yeah; his injury history would definitely be cause for some concern; but man he knows how to attack the ball and has great hands.

42 minutes ago, Franchiseneedsme said:

Could the Bills ditch both Beasley and Brown, and add a big time free agent? I like Mckenzie out of the slot.  Diggs, Robinson, Davis, Mckenzie> Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Davis. For close to the same money but looks way scarier

There's a 0% chance we cut Beasley after the year he just had. Certainly not to replace him in the slot with McKenzie.