Tre White wasn’t the problem

Zerovoltz

Anyone who thinks Tre White is anything other than a top 10 corner in this league is smoking too much happy lettuce.

He’s one of our two or three best players, and he is NOT even among the top few reasons we lost last night. 

44 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Except when people have figured it out....

The Chiefs do have 4 losses in 2019 and were held to <24 points 6 times.  1 loss this year (not counting the Chargers "rest 'em") and were held to <24 points 4 times (not counting Chargers) and 26 points 2x (including by us).

We just didn't get it done yesterday.

I think the Bills did fail, but whether we could have succeeded with the hosses we were able to field last night, I don't know.

The Chiefs are averaging 37 points per game in their 3 appearances under Mahomes.  Yes they went through a bit of a rougher patch in the regular seasons but they also had about a .750 win % in that stretch...

They haven’t been figured out.

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Funny, I probably read more posts than many people, and I can tell you it gets said quite often by any number of people.

The problem is when it becomes a loud and persistantly beaten drum by a single guy but that's true of about any topic

I live in Colorado so I probably talk Broncos more than Bills just by virtue of the people I see.

I don't pound them over the head with "Elway's major fail was not drafting Allen" even though it's obviously true. But when they try to defend drafting Bradley Chubb instead of Allen ... well, they're asking for it.

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The Chiefs are averaging 37 points per game in their 3 appearances under Mahomes.  Yes they went through a bit of a rougher patch in the regular seasons but they also had about a .750 win % in that stretch...

They haven’t been figured out.

"On average, the duck is dead".  Your point was that no one can stop the Chiefs offense.  Well, I don't see any games where they score 3 points, so there's that, but the point is there are games where people have stopped their offense.  Citing an average doesn't address that, and the lower-scoring games aren't just at the end, they're throughout the season.  Week 2, Week 4, Week 6, Week 13, Week 16.

27 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"On average, the duck is dead".  Your point was that no one can stop the Chiefs offense.  Well, I don't see any games where they score 3 points, so there's that, but the point is there are games where people have stopped their offense.  Citing an average doesn't address that, and the lower-scoring games aren't just at the end, they're throughout the season.  Week 2, Week 4, Week 6, Week 13, Week 16.

When it comes to big moments or big games, they delivered.  

Just because they didn’t score to their average in a handful of games doesn’t mean they were stopped.  It means they weren’t as great.  What’s their average score in those weeks where they were “stopped”...like 23 ppg?  That’s not being stopped.

3 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

I am starting this thread because I keep reading over and over again here, that Tre White didn’t show up, is overpaid etc.

This simply isn’t true.  I went back after the game to see what White was being asked to do.  He was actually asked to play man coverage on Hill or Kielce several times, and when he was manned up on Hill, Hill only had a few catches for a few yards.  Same with Kielce.

The problem was NOT Tre, but it’s that you only have one of him. 

He is a great player and worth every penny.

You make good points, but he was A problem, just not the only problem.  He got torched much more than normal.  But KC just has too much firepower.

3 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

I am starting this thread because I keep reading over and over again here, that Tre White didn’t show up, is overpaid etc.

This simply isn’t true.  I went back after the game to see what White was being asked to do.  He was actually asked to play man coverage on Hill or Kielce several times, and when he was manned up on Hill, Hill only had a few catches for a few yards.  Same with Kielce.

The problem was NOT Tre, but it’s that you only have one of him. 

He is a great player and worth every penny.

I like White a ton, but check out these three videos:

As bad as the defense was I blame the scheme and the KC offense just being too good. The offense needed to show up in this game. It quite frankly didn't. KC's secondary showed up and won the one on one matchups against the receiving core which allowed them to blitz and pressure Josh who had no time to throw to covered receivers. To beat KC you have to put up 30 when it counts. The Bills put up 15 when it counted. That's not good enough to beat most teams let alone the defending champs.

People need to breath.  We didnt lose to an 8-8 wild card team.  Kansas City is likely going to be the best team in the 2020's, and the next super dynasty.  The Bills laid out a plan that did not work effectively.  It happens.

White was average last night.  Didnt make amazing plays, wasn't schooled to death either.  You could tell they were hoping the line would get pressure on Mahomes, and we would be able to feast on contested throws downfield.  Unfortunately our line couldnt get pressure, and Travis Kelce sat down in the zone PERFECTLY in the first half.  Mahomes had easy throws because Kelce is the best TE in football.

I thought our secondary played admirably, our LBs let us down, and our d-line failed us.  You could see KC was successful dinking and dunking to start, and when we had to adjust to try and get more pressure, they were able to attack the intermediate routes and their stars took the game over.

White was probably the 3rd or 4th best defender last night.

10 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I like White a ton, but check out these three videos:

I only see one video, but there were at least 6 plays last night where he was burned. I was watching the game with 12 of my best friends from Chicago and none of them really care for the Bills. All I kept hearing is who are the Bills CB’s and why do they suck. I told them that we have the highest paid CB on our roster in Tre White and 3 of them just laughed. Then I told them highest paid not top 10.

1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I only see one video, but there were at least 6 plays last night where he was burned. I was watching the game with 12 of my best friends from Chicago and none of them really care for the Bills. All I kept hearing is who are the Bills CB’s and why do they suck. I told them that we have the highest paid CB on our roster in Tre White and 3 of them just laughed. Then I told them highest paid not top 10.

you have to click on it and scroll. It's a thread with two subsequent clips. 

3 hours ago, BTB said:

Thanks.  Now go away.  No one needs a Chiefs fan telling us why the Bills lost.  I hope Brady and the Bucs throttle Thug Hill and the rest of the Chiefs.

So you want our loss in the AFCCG to be against a team that loses to a 43 year old QB? I don't. I want them to win it all and shut out the Bucs 72-0.