Tre White wasn’t the problem

Zerovoltz

I am starting this thread because I keep reading over and over again here, that Tre White didn’t show up, is overpaid etc.

This simply isn’t true.  I went back after the game to see what White was being asked to do.  He was actually asked to play man coverage on Hill or Kielce several times, and when he was manned up on Hill, Hill only had a few catches for a few yards.  Same with Kielce.

The problem was NOT Tre, but it’s that you only have one of him. 

He is a great player and worth every penny.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 7

The only way to stop KC is to have a great scheme and ability to execute it in 3 phases of the game. 

Simply put we are not at their level.

As far as the defense goes I felt we needed to generate pressure more consistently with our front 4. Perhaps AJ makes a huge leap in year 2. But the fact remains, we do not have an elite pass rusher. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

Coaching staff laid the biggest egg with the game plan, no doubt.

Romo mentioned the BB blue print when playing against KC that I have no clue why Buffalo didn't do something similar. (Single high safety, double Hill, chip Kelce at the line... force other guys to beat you.)

There's not a single human on the planet that can cover Hill 1 on 1 in man starting at the line of scrimmage. The coaching staff is to blame for White looking bad at times.

• Like (+1) 13

18 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

I am starting this thread because I keep reading over and over again here, that Tre White didn’t show up, is overpaid etc.

This simply isn’t true.  I went back after the game to see what White was being asked to do.  He was actually asked to play man coverage on Hill or Kielce several times, and when he was manned up on Hill, Hill only had a few catches for a few yards.  Same with Kielce.

Thanks.  Now go away.  No one needs a Chiefs fan telling us why the Bills lost.  I hope Brady and the Bucs throttle Thug Hill and the rest of the Chiefs.

Edited by BTB
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

9 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Thanks ZeroVoltz  - please take down Tampa and TB.

Hill's 71 yd catch and run was when he was in a matchup on slot man #24 Taron Johnson.  And multiple Bills missed tackles aided the scamper.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Tales 2 Tre Whites to cover Hill...

The Bills had a bad gameplan more than lack of execution.   The plan to play zone and let Kelce be open continuously did not work out well.  The Cheifs played man, took advantage of the fact the NFL throws less penalties in the playoffs by being agressive with our WR's.  We did not choose to take advantage of that as much.

• Like (+1) 4

20 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Then honestly I don't know why he wasn't matched up against Hill basically all night--follow the Hoodie's mantra of take at least the one thing away from your opponent that they do best, and hope that the rest isn't enough anymore to beat you. Of course, with the # of weapons the Chiefs have, that's a tall order regardless, I do get that. But he never should've been allowed to set a new personal playoff record best in yards, period.  

2 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Thanks ZeroVoltz  - please take down Tampa and TB.

Hill's 71 yd catch and run was when he was in a matchup on slot man #24 Taron Johnson.  And multiple Bills missed tackles aided the scamper.  

I would say missed opportunites to make a tackle vs actual missed tackles.....they seemed to just prefer to have a foot race with him

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, mattynh said:

The Bills had a bad gameplan more than lack of execution.   The plan to play zone and let Kelce be open continuously did not work out well.  The Cheifs played man, took advantage of the fact the NFL throws less penalties in the playoffs by being agressive with our WR's.  We did not choose to take advantage of that as much.

Agree. To let the KC receivers run free was idiotic. Needed a big game from Hughes to win his matchup and generate pressure which didn’t happen. Getting Star back and adding in a proven pass rusher are a must.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brennan Huff said:

We had no pass rush. None at all. When you play a soft zone you absolutely need a pass rush. If you don’t get to the QB there will always be someone open eventually 

Exactly this.   Tre had a bad game.  The bigger issue was letting the best Quarterback in the league sit in the pocket untouched.

12 minutes ago, mattynh said:

agreed.  the coaching and game plans were terrible.  the OL added to it with its terrible execution.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, TFBillsfan said:

Agree. To let the KC receivers run free was idiotic. Needed a big game from Hughes to win his matchup and generate pressure which didn’t happen. Getting Star back and adding in a proven pass rusher are a must.

What impact would Star have had against KC?  Little to none as he isn't a pass rusher, and would have been on the sidelines more often than not.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

The only way to stop KC is to have a great scheme and ability to execute it in 3 phases of the game. 

Simply put we are not at their level.

As far as the defense goes I felt we needed to generate pressure more consistently with our front 4. Perhaps AJ makes a huge leap in year 2. But the fact remains, we do not have an elite pass rusher. 

AJ Klein is role player who they overpaid at 6 million,  Beane needs to spend his money more wisely if we expect to beat KC

• Agree 1

Hill is impossible to cover one on one in man.  He's just too quick.  

You have to beat them by getting to Mahomes.  

We didn't have the man power up front.

But lets not kid ourselves, no one has really figured out how to stop the Chiefs offense since 2018.  Some of us are acting like the Bills failed, we didn't, the Chiefs are better....the Chiefs didn't fail.