My reasons for the loss.

NewEra

1-  Coaching:  Reid dominated Frazier.  Again.  Chiefs best play makers running wide open all game.  Spags dominated Daboll.  Again. Spags disguises his coverages flawlessly. Our WRs we blanketed all game.  They have better play callers on both sides of the ball.  Mcdermott made some bad decisions.  He trusted his defense more than he trusted his offense.  That was his biggest mistake. His choice to go for two on our last TD was beyond confusing. Down 16 was the way to go at that point in the game.  Made no sense to go for it then. I can’t recall a play where we lined up 6-7 guys on the LOS and made Mahomes decipher who’s rushing.  Spags did it every 2-3 plays.  Mahomes is great vs the blitz.  So is Josh.  That didn’t stop the chiefs from bringing the heat all game.  It certainly stopped us.  Probably because we can’t run the ball worth a dam. 

2-  Cbris Jones-  he’s a complete game wrecker and the 2nd best defensive player in the league imo.  Frank Clark is a beast as well.  The afc will be going through KC for the foreseeable future.  We have to find a way to limited Jones’ effectiveness vs us going forward.  Meanwhile.....our DL was stifled by 2 7th rd picks and 2 undrafted free agents on their OL.  Mahomes was a magician in the pocket. As always.  Going almost untouched behind his OL made up of nobodies.  Spags > Josh yesterday.  

3-  Our inability to run the ball efficiently.  I said months ago that it would be our downfall in the playoffs if we couldn’t find a way to balance our offense a bit more.  It was.  I like the person, but I hope that was Singletarys last game as a Bill.  His drop was monumental.  A game changjng play. 
That can’t happen.  WIDE OPEN.  Again.  
We need to make the proper adjustments along the OL, scheme and in personnel this offseason.  Retooling our run game is paramount.  If that means that our pass protection takes slight  hit, so be it. We’re too one dimensional.  Period. 

4-  Edmunds-  Spags picked on him in coverage all game.  Every team should.  For all the physical talent he possesses, he doesn’t process fast enough.  It’s been 3 years.  How many more years will it take him to catch on. He’s always a step behind. He shouldn’t be playing MLB if we want to win the Super Bowl.  We can hide his deficiencies over the course of the season, but when we play the elite of the elite, I don’t feel as if he can survive being picked on. We thought we had two of the best coverage LBers in the league.  We have maybe the best safety duo in the league..... yet Kelce was WIDE OPEN all game.      Edmunds is only good in coverage because of his height and length.  He lacks instincts vs the run and the pass.  I don’t expect us to move on from him.  I hear we should shift him to the outside.....how will that help him in coverage?  Idk.  He’s a good player but the only goal at this point is winning the super bowl.  Winning the SB, we’re going to have to beat KC....and Kelce.  Kelce is Edmunds daddy.  

This offseason-  

-i doubt it happens now, but I’d love for Frazier to become the HC in Houston.  Great guy and he’d be a loss, but 2 3rd round draft picks and the opportunity to add a new way of thinking to our D room would be refreshing imo.  

-I hope we look deeper into this matchup vs KC and find a way to defend and attack them better.  Their weakness in D is stopping the run.  They want to play nickel and dime and we don’t have the ability to force them out of it.  They defended our pass without regard to our run game.  Our run game crippled our best asset, our pass game.  Wether we like it or not, KC is our daddy.  We have to find a way to matchup better in terms of talent, scheme and mindset. Chris Jones will continue to dominate Feliciano.  I love Jon.  I just don’t think he’s physically able to do the job vs Jones.  

-John Brown will be cut, and that’s fine.  Maybe we’ll come back at a reduced salary? Idk, but 8 mill is too rich imo.

- D. Williams or Milano.  I doubt we keep both unless they take less than market value to stay.  Whichever one leaves, finding their replacement will be paramount.  Two very important positions, especially Milano considering the defense that we employ. 

- Levi/ Norman-  maybe this was the game where we realized that we need another really quality corner to beat the chiefs?  Tyreek was wide open on ever play.  Again.... WIDE OPEN.  We rarely had a defender close to him.  Is that the scheme? Partly. Wallace and Norman aren’t fast enough to even pretend they can cover a talent like hill....and he’s not going anywhere. We’ll see him in en route to the Super Bowl every year.  Along with Kelce right next to him.  We need better matchups vs those two. 

- as mentioned earlier-  fix the run game.  Don’t ask me how.  Just fix it. We can’t continue to be this one dimensional if we want to beat this team, let alone win a super bowl. 

-  side note- sucks that Spags will probably be the Chiefs DC for the next 5+ years.  He’s really good at his job. Meanwhile....teams are contemplating Leslie Frazier as their HC, while Spags dominated in KC, winning Super Bowls.  The irony.

great season guys and gals.  I’m proud of our boys.  I’m proud of our season.  I’m proud of our fans.  I’m proud of the fight our men showed.  While it looked like we melted down emotionally in the end, I love the fire and the passion.  It was immature and I understand why others would look down on the personal fouls, I’m not a fan of the Okafor cheap shot prior and Josh let him know by throwing the ball in his face.  His protectors then protected their leader.  As they should.  I love the fight that showed.  This rivalry is real.  It’s intense. It’s not going to change. If we want the results to change, we need to change.  Not a whole lot, we’re really good.  We could’ve won with proper coaching decisions and some executed plays.  We didn’t.....but we will.  I Billieve!! 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Chris Jones was the biggest factor as to how they beat us defensively. 

Watching him destroy Feliciano every single play. 

He got to JA almost every down. Someone was able to get through every play. Schematically we did poorly against their pass rush.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Wacka said:

If all the critics today were such great football minds, they'd be head coaches. 

Be glad we were in a position that 28 other teams wished they were in.

I am glad.  this post is about last night game.  There wasn’t much to be happy about regarding the way we played. 

Any input on what was written?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

You know why everything they did on offense looked easy and everything we did looked difficult?

Scheme and game planning.  

It's almost as if the game plan wasn't to key in on their two best play makers in Kelce and Hill.  These guys were open all game long, you would of thought that they would have tried to really key in on them.  It's as if the defensive game plan was - This is the way we line up on defense and our defense is good enough to get some stops against your team. -  

And on offense, it appeared that we were still wanting to hit those deeper intermediate throws, which is where there safeties were with tight man coverage and our O-line just couldn't handle their rush.    When we did decide to hit the shorter crossing/slant patterns things opened up.  That should have been the game plan on offense. 

We were out schemed.

The coaches had a great year this year and they deserve a lot of credit but they need to retool to beat the Chiefs.  I also wouldn't be surprised if next year the Bills commit to running the ball more than they did this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

Our D line is horrible and needs to be fixed bigtime.

And when a season long practice team running back is as productive to more productive than your starter, you may need a new starting running back.

Edited by Azucho98
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Well, aren't we cranky this morning :flirt:

I enjoy your jest, but I don’t really see this as being cranky.  I observed and reported.  It’s clear that we aren’t where we need to be in order to win a Lombardi.  The season was amazing.  Going into the season, when asked what would need to happen for this season to be a success, I answered:  Josh Allen continuing to improve.  What he did was much more than improve. That said, next season, when I’m asked the what would need to happen in order for this season to be a success, the answer will be: win a super bowl.  We continue to improve. We need to learn how to better adapt. We’ve adapted well in several games this year.  We didn’t adapt well at all last night.  

I’m eager to see what Beane has in store this offseason.  Can’t wait to see what our O and our D looks like this time next year, as we celebrate our AFCCG victory 

• Like (+1) 1

Our RG was torn open all game long, which then put pressure on our RT and the Chiefs blitzed from that side knowing Feliciano was a weak link.  You saw them get to Allen OFTEN

3 of our WRs are hurt (4 if you include Diggs, we dont know where he is at with his injury) and couldnt match the Chiefs physicality.

You saw the separation from Chiefs playmakers all night, the Bills didnt have that.  Allen was throwing into tight windows consistently.

Redzone scoring was an issues - Chiefs go 4 for 4 while we go 1 for 4 (I think).

I thought Hill was actually covered well until we had to start taking more chances with our D.  That's when the middle of the field opened up for Hill to sit and create.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY - WE NEED TO GET PRESSURE FROM OUR LINE.  To me that was the most impactful issue.  We were dominated in the trenches on both sides.  

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I blame the browns.

if they had lost to the Steelers, then I think the ravens beat KC. They match up much better with them. Or the browns could have beat Henne when they had the chance. Either way, the browns are to blame. 

Thought the same, going into that weekend!

Still, the Clowns and Faker Mayfield had 1.5 Quarters to score 2 TDs against the Mahomes less Chiefs and choked badly!

• Like (+1) 1

on O, i do think we call what we call due to huge holes in our roster, OL does not play well in the run game, and against creative schemes in the pass game either it seems.  our TEs and RBs are just straight cheeks.  TJ yeldon is head and shoulders over motor, and yeldon is the definition of a nobody.

on D, i think we call what we call in spite of holes in our roster, and it shows.  i'm now fully convinced that edmunds is a bad MLB and needs to be moved or moved on from.  schematically, we just ask our players to do things they aren't good enough at and have no answer intragame.

prime brian urlacher at MLB and some kind of monster at DE might have made our D work last night, but those type of guys go to the hall of fame for a reason, we simply need some better players and scheme to use them better.  

the only upside i see is so much of our D are higher priced FAs so we can at least boot them and put the money somewhere else, but we need to just hit in the draft to get over the hump.

22 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Chris Jones was the biggest factor as to how they beat us defensively. 

Watching him destroy Feliciano every single play. 

He got to JA almost every down. Someone was able to get through every play. Schematically we did poorly against their pass rush.

not sure why they didn't crack him at the knees a couple of times. 

I thought Frazier was not prepared,  after we scored our TD and took 9 point lead we should have not been conceding passes with soft zone and no pass rush.  They should have sent quicker DB'S after Mahomes early,  way too much time and he got real comfortable.  KC just attacked Allen with a variety of blitzes off the corners and not allowing him to get outside of the pocket.  They had a great gameplan and we did not 

I hope Frazier leaves because i would rather have an defense that gets after it,  yes your going to give up some plays but you need to get shots on the QB and you cannot give up these time consuming slow death drives all game long

3 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Thought the same, going into that weekend!

Still, the Clowns and Faker Mayfield had 1.5 Quarters to score 2 TDs against the Mahomes less Chiefs and choked badly!

11 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I blame the browns.

if they had lost to the Steelers, then I think the ravens beat KC. They match up much better with them. Or the browns could have beat Henne when they had the chance. Either way, the browns are to blame. 

Come on gents.  No free passes.  The chiefs aren’t going anywhere. We have to find a way to beat them.  Period