Can we discuss why the hell we went into game with 3 broken receivers?

Hebert19

19 minutes ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

Stills needing to be active and getting significant reps is among the least controversial things we could say - no denying we were beat up, as OP said

You have no idea what he looks like in practice and how much of what John Brown has said is a very complicated offense, he's grasped.  So yeah, saying he "needs to be active" is contraversial

44 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

2.  Brown was never healthy since like week 4.  Guessing he also has surgery on his agenda.  Knee ankle i don't know what. 

I'm thinking the Bills will perform a "Brownectomy" this off-season...

44 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Stop what?   We literally had 3 receivers playing injured. 

Yeah!  They should have sat all of those guys and put in those...other guys!

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Your summary is correct.  three dinged receivers, and that doesn't count Diggs oblique.  But, also a O line that couldn't keep allen clean  and, a D that could stop the Chiefs O.  What what's with Hughes and D Johnson out in  coverage.  Those guys looked like statues out there w the db's and wr's.

They can't rush the passer anymore so they might as well play cb? We needed healthy wrs but that wasn't the case. We needed a running game but that didn't exist. And we needed a better scheme to stop Kelce. McD better figure this out because everything goes thru KC.

14 minutes ago, teef said:

ok.  so what should the bills have done?  i really have no idea.

Not sure if there's an answer for this past game, but next year I'm not sure we can be wasting a WR spot on a pure KR/PR.... If Stills had been on this team all year, we can probably play him over one of the injured guys and not worry about all the negatives of his inexperience with Josh.  

We can't be a heavy 4-wide team when our 5th WR is a gadget guy and 6th WR is a KR/PR only. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

1.  Beasley likely will have meniscus surgery is my guess.   He was a warrior but clearly not as full strength.  

2.  Brown was never healthy since like week 4.  Guessing he also has surgery on his agenda.  Knee ankle i don't know what. 

3.   Gabe couldn't even play all game until the end and was clearly not at full strength. 

Love me some Beasley.  He was a wounded warrior that played better then I thought.  75% when he was able to get out there.  Enough to help but not the same Beasley to be uber worried about.

Brown wasn't right and hasn't been, from what I seen since he's been back.  Shouldn't of played

Gabe wasn't right.   Shouldn't of played

Diggs, Knox and Yeldon doesn't send fear down the spine.

We are a high powered offense but having the 3 wr's, clearly not close to being able to make a difference, was flawed from from the start.  Not versus the type of offense KC has.  That part is coaching and decision making. 2 blown tires on our Ferrari only made us spin in circles. 

I was afraid that it would of been too easy to take Brown and Davis out of the game plan.  I admire the players attempt but we could of used others wr's better.

I don't think it's whining....I think that a major deficit before the game even started. 

That being said.  I think it's Daboll's worse game plan and real time adjustments. Fraziers too.  Our coach played it too conservative in some of his decisions. I think Josh had an issue with the crowd noise hearing it for the first time and seemed a  little rushed all the time.    He was trying to do too much and it seemed he couldn't get comfortable or in any type of rhythm.  I saw some bad forced throws.  I saw our line getting blown up causing the pocket to collapse as soon as Josh caught the ball.  Our running game?  Is there one?  Yeldon was our best rb yesterday.  There is enough blame to go around.

Bottom line, we got our asses handed to us yesterday by a better and more complete team. (coaches and players)

We are getting closer as a team.  They can, and will, do better.  The best is right ahead of us. They WILL find a way!

Make some moves Beane!  GO BILLS!

Edited by The Tomcat
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Similar to the Fosterectomy already performed? ;)

More difficult, as he is more firmly adhered  to the fanbase than Foster.  The dissection will cause more suffering, but it will be as short lived. 

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, racketmaster said:

Honestly, I did not like the Davis move over Stills. Davis barely got on the field and did not look himself when he did. And McD answer was pretty weak in that he relied on the doctors and wanted to error on the side of giving the guys who played for him all year a chance to play in the game. You watched him all week and if he did not look himself, you have to put a healthy wr out there. This is not Diggs we are talking about where he could still be a decoy but a rookie. He clearly was not right and we clearly could have used some more juice at that position especially since Beasley and Brown have been taking turns breaking down as of late. 

I agree. Davis was the issue. He simply was too impaired.

No doubt some very tough decisions given 3 hurt going in. So I agree w @Hapless Bills Fanthat coaches forced to make risk-reward calculus. Imo, they were 2 for 3 (B&B) on those choices, which ain't bad.

Best example of issue: readily apparent Davis had no (physical) ability to catch the left corner end zone pass.

Specifically, he could not perform that last two-step, hand-fight push, high-point explosion that the ball demanded.

4 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

I get Coach's loyalty but how is it a good idea to play in AFC Championship with your 2,3,4 receivers hobbled?

1.  Beasley likely will have meniscus surgery is my guess.   He was a warrior but clearly not as full strength.  

3.   Gabe couldn't even play all game until the end and was clearly not at full strength. 

We ended up running Knox out there as a WR basically all night because we were short and yet we had 2 practice squad guys that whether they know the offense or not could have stepped in.  We needed to score a bunch of points tonight.   We knew this would be the case...yet we went is knowingly short handed.  

This was a fail!

This is so dumb. They were dinged up, but they weren't injured. We didn't lose because they were a 1/5th of a step slower. We were outcoached in terms of gameplan and outclassed in terms of talent - neither or which was there much anyone could do anything about. This is the first year in 27 years that we've been a very good team - it's ok not to win it all the first time. We need more talent, and we need to be more diverse in our scheme. That's really all there is to it.

The Chiefs are defending SB Champs, have a QB that's led them to 3 AFCCG before the age of 26 and are already looking like another all-time great dynasty. Not everything is somebody's "fault". You can't stop destiny.

4 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

This isn't about mad.   Its a topic just like every other on here.  An honest question.  This hurt us as we couldn't get separation all game. 

The same people telling you to shut up in this thread are likely also the people who picked the Bills to win by several scores.  So keep that in mind.

Just now, The Firebaugh Kid said:

The real issue for me is McKenzie. Hes a dynamic playmaker. He never touches the ball and its downright stupid. 

We certainly over think things that's for sure. 

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

This is so dumb. They were dinged up, but they weren't injured. We didn't lose because they were a 1/5th of a step slower. We were outcoached in terms of gameplan and outclassed in terms of talent - neither or which was there much anyone could do anything about. This is the first year in 27 years that we've been a very good team - it's ok not to win it all the first time. We need more talent, and we need to be more diverse in our scheme. That's really all there is to it.

The Chiefs are defending SB Champs, have a QB that's led them to 3 AFCCG before the age of 26 and are already looking like another all-time great dynasty. Not everything is somebody's "fault". You can't stop destiny.

Gabe Davis didn't even play.  He was a waste of a roster spot.  

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1