Just rewatched the game and a few observations

2 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

1. This game was alot closer then the score that drop by Singletary was enormous

2. One touchdown on their field goal drives inside the 10 and the mindset is way different

3.Seems like they lived by the theory we are home and you’re aren’t calling everything and they where right..they where incredibly physical with our WRs

4. They gave us the throws to the backs and Knox because quite frankly they had zero fear they could break one long

5. it’s been said elsewhere like last week no running game by a player not named Josh Allen killed this team particularly in short yardage   

overall we really aren’t that far apart but a poor game plan on both sides and a lack of a pass rush by the front 4 was the difference I literally counted on one hand the amount of quality rush on Mahomes

More speed at TE and RB and an elite pass rusher and we are right there 

I stopped reading after your first point. I completely agree on the enormity of that drop by Singletary. IMO, that completely shifted momentum and signaled the beginning of the end. Had he caught that we might have scored and continued to put pressure on the chiefs. That drop was awful. I honestly hope we never see Singletary in a bills uniform ever again. He’s just not good. We need someone that can do all this and have speed to boot. He just doesn’t have it. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

There's not a team in the NFL that has that answer.  The Chiefs are one of the best offenses I've seen in almost 60 years of watching football.

Thats why the gameplan was not that bad...we needed 2-3 stops and we only stopped them 1 time. We were letting them move the ball but hoping for them to goof.

It could have worked if we extended more drives and put points on the board.

18 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

That was more of dig at the comparison.....went over your head I see.

Nope. But it is accurate. We were outcoached and out performed and we appeared ill prepared. As someone old enough to have watched their old SB teams, it sure did feel the same. 

• Like (+1) 1

i think there were bright spots that bode well for the future. 

Josh Allen is an elite quarterback and will continue to improve. He played well and I think if we had a running game, it would help things out a lot. 

The defensive line needs an upgrade as Patrick Mahomes was not rushed and able to work through his progressions. 

I think the Defensive backfield may need to be upgraded although Hill and Kelce are the best in the game so they made the defensive backs look bad. 

The team played hard and they were just beat by a better team on Sunday. 

The pieces are all there so with some tweaking, they can keep improving.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Billl said:

Every time Josh audibled, Anthony Hitchens seemed to know what was coming and put the defense in the perfect coverage.  Some tendencies were clearly identifiable on film.

Could you not in theory still run the play and trust your man beats their man, trust Allen can get the ball where it needs to go? Or is that a bit simplistic 

2 hours ago, Irish Dave said:

The most ominous problem to me is how our amazing Offense essentially disappeared in the playoff games.   We may not be nearly as good next year folks.  Teams have figured Josh Out.  He's easily flustered.  The past 3 games He's given me lots of reasons to doubt him.  Josh may be a Carson Wentz.....

I’ll tell you what you call up about 25 teams in this league and tell them that you’ll swap out their QB with Josh straight up then get back to me the amount of No’s you get 

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes, This.  We got punched in the face on the lines - figuratively, and at least once, figuratively.

My wishlist includes any of:

Landon Dickerson - C 'Bama

Creed Humphrey - C Oklahoma

Ben Cleveland - G Georgia

All these boys are big and nasty

57 minutes ago, london_bills said:

Could you not in theory still run the play and trust your man beats their man, trust Allen can get the ball where it needs to go? Or is that a bit simplistic 

In theory you could run the same play every single time and trust that your guys will just somehow beat their guys.  It would work if you were playing a middle school team.  I wouldn’t recommend it when playing the defending Super Bowl champions, though.

4 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

1. This game was alot closer then the score that drop by Singletary was enormous

2. One touchdown on their field goal drives inside the 10 and the mindset is way different

3.Seems like they lived by the theory we are home and you’re aren’t calling everything and they where right..they where incredibly physical with our WRs

4. They gave us the throws to the backs and Knox because quite frankly they had zero fear they could break one long

5. it’s been said elsewhere like last week no running game by a player not named Josh Allen killed this team particularly in short yardage   

overall we really aren’t that far apart but a poor game plan on both sides and a lack of a pass rush by the front 4 was the difference I literally counted on one hand the amount of quality rush on Mahomes

More speed at TE and RB and an elite pass rusher and we are right there 

Well ... take away that muffed punt, and have Andy go full Belichick on us at the end, and it very well could have ended at 45-17 ....

4 hours ago, Process said:

I don't know how you could watch that game and think it was even remotely close. We were gifted a TD early with the fumble and then didn't score another one until the game was over in garbage time. 

The teams are world's apart and it showed last night.

To be fair to the Bills, the chiefs are worlds apart from everyone. 

Spot on with everything you said. We are a solid team, but not even close to a championship team as constructed. 

27 minutes ago, Billl said:

In theory you could run the same play every single time and trust that your guys will just somehow beat their guys.  It would work if you were playing a middle school team.  I wouldn’t recommend it when playing the defending Super Bowl champions, though.

Sure, but the point is was Allen just trying to do too much by changing things which could of led to him not playing so well. So much of our offensive production has been him trusting his own physical abilities. 

The playoffs have been a weird combination of excitement and disappointment. We got to the conference championship, but arguably were outplayed in both games. Our offense took a huge step back and I am not sure if it was injuries, play calling, quarterback play or all the above.

It was great to win a couple, but I am not thrilled with how we did it. Going into the playoffs I was elated because I was certain we had a top 3-5 QB in the NFL that would keep us in contention for a Superbowl year in and year out (barring injury). The type of QB that could elevate a team and make it near impossible to beat. I did not see that from Josh (and I say that while also admitting he is already perhaps my favorite Bill in my 35 years of fandom.)

Hopefully next year picks up where we left off in the regular season and Josh can continue MVP play into the postseason.

You thought it was closer than the score? I thought the score flattered us a bit. It felt like an annihilation.

Even at 9-0 up I had no doubts that KC would roll over us. KC moved with ease, up and down the field. Our offense looked Elvis-level constipated and every yard earned was HARD work.

It's not just the discrepancy in talent or the home field advantage, the Chiefs looked so much more confident, which partly comes from being champs and partly comes from their belief that they're so much better than us. When we went up 9-0 there was a shot of Mahomes walking up the bench telling his guys it was no problem, basically "we got this". They knew they'd come rolling back and they did. 

The Bills need to know how badly they got their asses handed to them if they ever hope to improve and I think they do know. I doubt they'll be blaming bad luck or whatever. They need to regroup, change some stuff up and come back for revenge next season.

I haven't watched much from the talking heads today but I saw a bit of GMFB and the guys were almost laughing at how bad the Chiefs made us look. They seemed embarrassed to be laughing at the Bills because they've all enjoyed our team this season, but I'm sure the team will feel completely embarrassed by how they got handled and if they have the right stuff they'll use it as motivation to come back stronger