Just rewatched the game and a few observations

Best line of the night

Tyreek beat the Bills like they were one of his children.....

Chiefs are much better, we have work to do for sure.  Offense relies too much on Josh we need to build better OL and get a running game. I know its sexy to throw for 300-400 yards a game but some yards on the ground can be sexy too  

We need a Thurman Thomas.  And for that to work we need a bigger Offensive Line.  Josh was running for his life the whole game.  The main reason the No Huddle worked was our Huge O-Line gave Kelly & Thomas time to work.   We also need a Bigger D-Line.  Lighter-Quicker is obviously not the answer.   I've never seen more of an inability to make adjustments.   The minute Soft Zone was obviosuly NOT working, you switch to tight Man-Man coverage.   Zone Defense Sucks - all you have to do is throw in between the Zones.  Which KC did.  Can someone Tell me WHY WHY WHY anyone EVER plays Zone Defense?  

39 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

1. We need a running game

2. We are severely lacking an elite pass rusher

3. We couldn’t cover a TE to save our lives all season long

Get it done Beane

I'm not sure if the order is right, but you nailed it. All three of these NEEDS to be addressed in the offseason (ugh! I hate even saying "offseason"). Hopefully McBeane can solve this! I still believe that we have the makings of a dynasty, what ever that means these days. 

The most ominous problem to me is how our amazing Offense essentially disappeared in the playoff games.   We may not be nearly as good next year folks.  Teams have figured Josh Out.  He's easily flustered.  The past 3 games He's given me lots of reasons to doubt him.  Josh may be a Carson Wentz.....

• Disagree 2
  • Dislike 2

You can point to Stone Hands Dingleberry or McFG to say that the Bills were right there or competitive.

THEY WERE NOT!

Evidence?

From Q2, the Chief Drives:

TD

TD

TD

FG

TD

TD

The Swiss Cheese D got blitizkrieged! They were horrifically unprepared and lacked the talent to deal with that little thug and his King Kong sidekick! 

The better team won easily, handily and exposed numerous Bills’ deficiencies.

And McD was badly outcoached and not ‘WTF Lafleur’ moments, but far from being wise decisions!

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Irish Dave said:

The most ominous problem to me is how our amazing Offense essentially disappeared in the playoff games.   We may not be nearly as good next year folks.  Teams have figured Josh Out.  He's easily flustered.  The past 3 games He's given me lots of reasons to doubt him.  Josh may be a Carson Wentz.....

Teams figured Josh out because we only have one way of playing - we have no variation so we can be countered. I think the fact that we got to the AFC Championship game on a one dimensional game is something to be applauded in a way, rather than be fearful about.

Put Josh with Reid, Kelce, Hill, the KC O-Line and the Chiefs would have still won yesterday, even if we had Mahomes in return.

1 minute ago, Irish Dave said:

I’m far, far from disillusioned with Josh.

But just like Paddy has the blinding speed, little thug and King Kong, plus others, Allen needs more weapons- LARGE target ones!
And not of the Stone Hands variety! 

We scored a ton of points this season so nobody is going to want to be here...but lack of balance is a mistake. In the playoffs our offense was significantly less effective. Voluntarily making yourself 1 dimensional is dumb. You don’t need a 50/50 balance but it shouldn’t be 90/10 either. On nights that Josh is off, you got to have a plan B.  

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus

8 minutes ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

I'm not sure if the order is right, but you nailed it. All three of these NEEDS to be addressed in the offseason (ugh! I hate even saying "offseason"). Hopefully McBeane can solve this! I still believe that we have the makings of a dynasty, what ever that means these days. 

Yeah I’d probably put running game at 3 if I were to order it in level of need. We need an edge rusher bad. I love Jerry Hughes but he’ll be 33 at the start of next season. I don’t expect Trent Murphy to be back. Ed Oliver had done nothing for me. Next season will be a make or break year for him in my opinion 

I don't agree with your first three points, not that it matters.  But to me the Bills were out coached on both sides of the ball.  The gameplans were lacking and any adjustments did not work.  The Chiefs scored on every meaningful drive other than the first drive where they had a drop.  For me the game was not closer, it was probably worse than the score with the gift TD in the first quarter making it closer.  

One TD would not have changed much, if the Chiefs needed more points they would have had little trouble getting them.  The Chiefs just had a great gameplans vs the receivers and the Bills did not counter it.  Allen should have run it more since they were playing man and more passes/checkdowns to the RB's and TE's on schedule may have gotten them out of their scheme.  We needed to counter punch but had nothing.

On defense, they did a decent job against the run but apparently to do that meant they just did not cover Kelce.  On Hill's long RAC play, they could have tried to tackle him near where he caught it but instead they just kind of watched him run.  They got little or ineffective pressure on Mahomes, Epenesa ran past him like a fool on one play.

Bottom line, the were out played on both sides, a play here or there was not swinging this game.

I agree with 4 and 5.  The Bills needed to counter what the Chiefs were doing defensively, taking away the WR's.  Run and thrw to backs/TE's on schedule would have helped get them out of that.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Not quite sure why or when defensive holding or illegal contact stopped being penalties.

The lack of calls directly impacted the outcome of the GB/TB game, and IMO, did have an effect on the way our game unfolded.

I can agree with this, GB/TB they only decided to call it when the game was on the line.

KC got by with murder on our wide outs, though even if it's called fairly I'm not sure we could have beat them. Hill, Kelce, and Mahomes are monsters and probably could have put up 50 last night if it was needed.

We need a better option at TE for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

Nothing about that game was close. I saw one offense struggle just to get into FG range while the other offense moved the ball effortlessly. I saw one defense with no answers at all, while the other defense made life hard for the opposing offense.

Chiefs whooped us up and down the field........game could’ve and should’ve been much worse.

1 hour ago, Irish Dave said:

We need a Thurman Thomas.  And for that to work we need a bigger Offensive Line.  Josh was running for his life the whole game.  The main reason the No Huddle worked was our Huge O-Line gave Kelly & Thomas time to work.   We also need a Bigger D-Line.  Lighter-Quicker is obviously not the answer.   I've never seen more of an inability to make adjustments.   The minute Soft Zone was obviosuly NOT working, you switch to tight Man-Man coverage.   Zone Defense Sucks - all you have to do is throw in between the Zones.  Which KC did.  Can someone Tell me WHY WHY WHY anyone EVER plays Zone Defense?  

Can’t we stop living in the past. It gets so old constantly comparing current Bills teams to the 90’s Bills.

Only comparison that should be made is that Bills team looked exactly like all the Bills teams that made the Super Bowls, unprepared and out coached in the game that matters.

Edited by streetkings01

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

There's not a team in the NFL that has that answer.  The Chiefs are one of the best offenses I've seen in almost 60 years of watching football.

The only answer is to build a great DLine and pressure Mahomes quickly with 4 like the Chiefs were doing a lot of the game.

20 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Nothing about that game was close. I saw one offense struggle just to get into FG range while the other offense moved the ball effortlessly. I saw one defense with no answers at all, while the other defense made life hard for the opposing offense.

Chiefs whooped us up and down the field........game could’ve and should’ve been much worse.

Can’t we stop living in the past. It gets so old constantly comparing current Bills teams to the 90’s Bills.

That Bills team looked exactly like all the Bills teams that made the Super Bowls, unprepared and out coached in the game that matters.

So suggesting we stop comparing this team to the 90s Bills, and then immediately comparing them to the 90s Bills...ok. 

Biggest play of the game, imo, is the Chris Jones punch. If I'm Mitch Morse I'm not throwing my hands up complaining for a flag. I'm double fisting his face mask trying to rip his helmet off. MAKE THEM CALL IT. 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Haha (+1) 1