Just rewatched the game and a few observations

1. This game was alot closer then the score that drop by Singletary was enormous

2. One touchdown on their field goal drives inside the 10 and the mindset is way different

3.Seems like they lived by the theory we are home and you’re aren’t calling everything and they where right..they where incredibly physical with our WRs

4. They gave us the throws to the backs and Knox because quite frankly they had zero fear they could break one long

5. it’s been said elsewhere like last week no running game by a player not named Josh Allen killed this team particularly in short yardage   

overall we really aren’t that far apart but a poor game plan on both sides and a lack of a pass rush by the front 4 was the difference I literally counted on one hand the amount of quality rush on Mahomes

More speed at TE and RB and an elite pass rusher and we are right there 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 5

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

1. This game was alot closer then the score that drop by Singletary was enormous

2. One touchdown on their field goal drives inside the 10 and the mindset is way different

3.Seems like they lived by the theory we are home and you’re aren’t calling everything and they where right..they where incredibly physical with our WRs

4. They gave us the throws to the backs and Knox because quite frankly they had zero fear they could break one long

5. it’s been said elsewhere like last week no running game by a player not named Josh Allen killed this team particularly in short yardage   

overall we really aren’t that far apart but a poor game plan on both sides and a lack of a pass rush by the front 4 was the difference I literally counted on one hand the amount of quality rush on Mahomes

I dont have the heart to rewatch the game, but your assessment sounds about right.  Even with Moss were in trouble at RB.  Our Offensive and defensive lines are the source of our problems.  Also, wouldn't hurt to get a more consistent TE and maybe Kenny Stills can be used next year to stretch the field.

Brown hurt?

Gabriel Davis hurt still?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, TonyBeets said:

I dont have the heart to rewatch the game, but your assessment sounds about right.  Even with Moss were in trouble at RB.  Our Offensive and defensive lines are the source of our problems.  Also, wouldn't hurt to get a more consistent TE and maybe Kenny Stills can be used next year to stretch the field.

Brown hurt?

Gabriel Davis hurt still?

I saw Brown limping on his one leg/ knee coming into the huddle. 

4 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Glutton for punishment? Yes the two times we settled for field goals were killer. Just can’t do that against KC. Officiating was terrible, they caused the meltdown at the end. We aren’t on KC’s level Team speed difference was quite evident. Our offense needs a little, our defense needs a lot...

• Like (+1) 2

I don’t know where we’re finding an elite pass rusher.  Probably the best we can do is letting Milano walk, cutting some people like Brown etc., and signing a Bud Dupree or Matthew Judon.  

I think we need to cut bait with Singletary.  Just chalk it up to a bad pick.   Moss has a role, but we desperately need speed at the RB position.  That drop was inexcusable, and it’s not an overreaction to say that he singlehandedly changed the momentum of the game.  Never mind the fact a JAG in Yeldon looked 10x more dangerous out there when he replaced Singletary.... and Yeldon is not dangerous. 

I don’t even know where to start on defense.  Big changes need to come on that side of the ball.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1

I don't know how you could watch that game and think it was even remotely close. We were gifted a TD early with the fumble and then didn't score another one until the game was over in garbage time. 

The teams are world's apart and it showed last night.

To be fair to the Bills, the chiefs are worlds apart from everyone. 

• Like (+1) 7

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I don’t know where we’re finding an elite pass rusher.  Probably the best we can do is letting Milano walk, cutting some people like Brown etc., and signing a Bud Dupree or Matthew Judon.  

I think we need to cut bait with Singletary.  Just chalk it up to a bad pick.   Moss has a role, but we desperately need speed at the RB position.  That drop was inexcusable, and it’s not an overreaction to say that he singlehandedly changed the momentum of the game.  Never mind the fact a JAG in Yeldon looked 10x more dangerous out there when he replaced Singletary.... and Yeldon is not dangerous. 

Singletary is just not very good I agree unfortunately.  Yeldon did look so much better both running and passing.  Moss is obviously not the answer.  We should have no problem addressing the RB position in free agency.

Offensive and defensive lines are another story.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Running game is needed in red zone.  That's what killed us. 

I agree that without the Singletary drop, which would have created a first down inside their 45 the entire game potentially changes. Instead of being stopped, we show that we can answer them drive for drive putting a little pressure on their offense and keeping our defense off the field. Could have also opened up the offense if they have to worry about Singletary as a receiver. Potentially a 14 point swing with that drop. 

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I don’t even know where to start on defense.  Big changes need to come on that side of the ball.  

At least a pass rushing end, 1tech, Mike(Edmunds is a liability, good QBs manipulate him too easily), speed and size at corner and a different coordinator 

• Like (+1) 1

It looked like KC knew they could maul our smaller WRs at the line and on their breaks without getting called.

I mean the holding on Beasley was a damn mugging with how much contact there was, thank goodness it was called!  You saw Mahomes could throw into windows that were much larger than what allen was working with.

You don't win every game - this was tough to swallow, but the Bills have most of the pieces in place to be effective for a long long time.  They just need to be smart and efficient with draft capital and cap space

• Thank you (+1) 1

Our O-line was good all year when pass blocking but completely fell apart last night. Our receivers could not get open either, we can’t run the ball so we were basically screwed. And then the defense couldn’t stop anything which has happened a few times this year. Not our day.

8 minutes ago, TAinLA said:

After a week of preparations they still had no answer for stopping or even slowing down Kelce/Hill.  Shameful!

There's not a team in the NFL that has that answer.  The Chiefs are one of the best offenses I've seen in almost 60 years of watching football.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Process said:

I don't know how you could watch that game and think it was even remotely close. We were gifted a TD early with the fumble and then didn't score another one until the game was over in garbage time. 

The teams are world's apart and it showed last night.

To be fair to the Bills, the chiefs are worlds apart from everyone. 

No, they aren't worlds apart. The Bills picked a hell of a game to play absolutely flat everywhere on the field. The freaking Chiefs are a damned good team but have won a bunch of tight games. This may have been their biggest point margin victory in a long time.

If they played again today I'd feel the same way I did about 14 hours ago...that we definitely can beat them.

7 minutes ago, london_bills said:

I've never seen so much pre snap changes, talk from Allen. Almost every play he was talking before it changing something. 

Every time Josh audibled, Anthony Hitchens seemed to know what was coming and put the defense in the perfect coverage.  Some tendencies were clearly identifiable on film.

• Like (+1) 3

read a stat on twitter from some KC analyst who cover 1 retweeted.  they said that mahomes threw an average of less than 5 air yards and out of 33 or so attempts only 3 of them had a defender within 1 yard.

also, cover 1 pointed out that if all of our red zone drives were automatic TDs, we still don't have enough points to win the game.  the O was beat up and beaten up all game, and made mistakes, and had no balance, but at the end of the day the D was just rolled and we can't beat a top team w that trash out there.

our entire D personal and scheme need to be retweaked to work better.  mcD had a disgusting D in carolina for long enough that i think he can get the ship righted here, and he's reworked things quickly too, so here's to hoping he will that accomplished next season.

• Thank you (+1) 1