[Incomplete Title] If Josh and Mahomes switched teams....

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

When did Romo say our receivers getting zero separation (he said that) led to Josh losing his confidence and "throwing INTs"?

1) he threw one, not plural

2) he didn't throw the INT due to lack of confidence, he threw it because he made a bad decision and perhaps was over-confident in Diggs

3) there were sometimes open receivers he missed

But absolutely KC won because our defense couldn't stop their offense, or even slow them down

It was about 2.30 in the morning here but wasn’t the interception to Brown, who got both hands to it but deflected rather than caught it?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

It was about 2.30 in the morning here but wasn’t the interception to Brown, who got both hands to it but deflected rather than caught it?

Yes, that was the only INT of the night. There were a couple throws where Allen forced it in, and DBs dropped fairly easy INTs. 

On to the OP, if Mahomes and Allen switched teams (everything else remaining the same) the Chiefs still win that game by multiple scores. Mahomes had a few nice plays where he dodged pressure and made a good throw, but other than that, he had all day to throw to wide open receivers and just dinked+dunked down the field. The Bills would've lost to an average QB, and Mahomes is far from average. 

1 hour ago, PaoloBillsFanFromItaly said:

As correctly pointed out by Romo, our receivers got zero separation, this leaded to Josh losing its confidence and throwing ints.

I think KC won on the defensive side of the field while we got no answers fot Tyrek and Travis.

He only threw one pick that Old man Brown served up to the secondary. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

The Bills have Allen. I like him a lot.  He has a much smaller list of things to clean up than one year ago.  But there are still things to work on.  However Mahomes is on a different level and has been since he got the keys.  Mahomes is not perfect no one is but he is the king for now.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

Mahomes is the best player in the NFL and it isn't even close. This narrative by Bills' fans (to seek comfort?) to marginalize him and attribute the entirety of his success to Reid, Hill, and Kelce is ridiculous and some truly bizarre homer logic.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, QCity said:

This narrative by Bills' fans (to seek comfort?) to marginalize him and attribute the entirety of his success to Reid, Hill, and Kelce is ridiculous and some truly bizarre homer logic.

Is that narrative being used in this thread? I'm not seeing that. I would again use our game against Seattle as a comparison. Allen played very well in that game and also the receivers got open and gave him time which made his job easier. That was Mahomes yesterday. He did play very well, made no mistakes, but also had tremendous help from his supporting cast. The idea that the players and coaching around him make no difference at all is ludicrous. I actually do think it's possible an average QB would have beaten us yesterday. That doesn't take away anything from what Mahomes did because he played at an elite level, it just shows the disparity in our coverage versus their coverage.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Allen wasn't the reason we lost, but I think the Bills likely win if the QBs switched teams. Mahomes is just that good. Still can't be anything but thrilled to have Allen as the QB here though.

Mahomes is the most talented QB the NFL has ever seen.    Everything just comes that much easier for him.    He doesn't have to labor for results.   Allen is great......in the absence of Mahomes he would probably be raising the Lombardi this year, IMO.         

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

It was thrown into triple coverage. It was not an easy catch given the circumstances. Plus KC dropped two fairly easy interceptions. Not a great night for Josh. 

5 hours ago, TonyBeets said:

I think this is very obvious.  Reid is the greatest offensive mind in NFL history.  I've never seen so many wide open receivers.  Unbelievable.

The lack of what looked to me to be significant adjustments at halftime made Reid's job easier. How they continued to give Kelce a free release is insanely frustrating.

4 hours ago, SCBills said:

Couldn’t disagree more.  

Allen bought time but nobody was open.  

Mahomes bought time and Kelce was clowning people into being open by 10 feet. 

Allen was under pressure all game with no reliable release valve.  

Mahomes was comfortable in the pocket and had the benefit of massive plays from the likes of Hill and Hardman. 

Mahomes is still better right now.  Don’t worry, I’m not going there.... but Mahomes loses if he’s on the Bills last night.  

This

Certainly Josh wasn't the reason we lost.

The teams just weren't equal. But Josh deserves his fair share of the blame. Mahomes didn't kill drives with major sacks from holding the ball too long.

But we got little pressure. That hurt. Part of that was that Mahomes was hitting the short passes when we pressured, and Josh was looking long. If a team schemes to take away the long ball, take the short ones all day long. That's mostly what Mahomes did, and it was what the Chiefs needed.

4 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I agree. 

Mahomes outplayed Josh. Josh needed to take the smart short throws  yesterday, which Mahomes took.  I am sure he learns a ton from this game. 

Agreed. If Josh has shown anything it's that he's a voracious learner. He'll get a lot better from this.

30 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

It was thrown into triple coverage. It was not an easy catch given the circumstances. Plus KC dropped two fairly easy interceptions. Not a great night for Josh. 

Yeah, Brown was hit as the ball arrived and while it wasn't possible to say without slo-mo, the ball may have been tapped or his arm hit. It was terrific defense.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, SCBills said:

Tre White is more Marlon Humphrey than Jalen Ramsey.  

Look at the impact players on defense last night.   You go through 3 before you potentially get to a Bill..

Tyrann Mathieu

Chris Jones

Frank Clark

Our defense doesn't have a talent as good Jones or Clark. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Mahomes is another level. Josh is a great QB.....he isn’t Mahomes.

I think Allen would have done similar damage last night if he was the Chiefs QB playing against the Bills defense. The Bills horrible defense certainly made things extremely easy for Mahomes to flourish last night.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, PaoloBillsFanFromItaly said:

As correctly pointed out by Romo, our receivers got zero separation, this leaded to Josh losing its confidence and throwing ints.

I think KC won on the defensive side of the field while we got no answers fot Tyrek and Travis.

Exactly.  290 of KCs receiving yards were to Kelce and Tyreek.