32 rush yards from our running backs

31 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I’m still perplexed at his FG decisions. Don’t have a clue what he was thinking, what in his mind made him think they could win that game kicking FGs? Mahomes was doing whatever he wanted on offense. 

Especially when it was 2nd then 3rd and goal from the 3.5 yard line. Run the good damn ball with Yeldon at least one time. 

33 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I’m still perplexed at his FG decisions. Don’t have a clue what he was thinking, what in his mind made him think they could win that game kicking FGs? Mahomes was doing whatever he wanted on offense. 

I didn't even like kicking the 51 yarder to go up 3-0.  We went for it on 4th at mid field.  Then no on 4th and 3?  

C'mon man.  We were reacting and not attacking.  We were dictated to not dictating.  

1 hour ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Been saying this for awhile; the lack of RB production is an achilles heel to this team.  You still need a relative threat of balance.

Yeah man, you have been saying that and got pushback for me included.

It really was evident tonight that the run game needs better than <5’10 RB’s with 4.62 speed. 

Allen carried this team rushing and passing the entire Playoffs. 

Moss was ok, but you didn’t see anything this year that made you think he could be a feature back. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This didn't quite soak in during the game.

We had 126 rush yards overall, which is respectable

32 rush yards from our RBs.

15 from Yeldon on 3 carries

17 from Singletary on 6 carries

88 from Josh Allen on 7 carries

We have no rushing game

While our strength is our passing game -- it's axiomatic that if a team has a weakness that the D doesn't need to account for, they can blanket and take away other aspects more easily

I've said all season our failed run game will eventually kill us and all Andy had to do today was drop 7 into coverage. Sprinkle in poor pass protection and we lose. Both our offensive & defensive game plans were terrible. Coaches blew it today. 

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We have no rushing game

While our strength is our passing game -- it's axiomatic that if a team has a weakness that the D doesn't need to account for, they can blanket and take away other aspects more easily

Yeah and even if you wanted to, neither Moss or Singletary proved they were worth a consistent 15 carries a game. 

4.0-4.2 ypc just means you’re be better off having Josh throw it. 

The staff had to activate Yeldon, but they haven’t ever trusted him, and Singletary has always been in a timeshare. 

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Thats what made this game so odd to me...the chiefs pretty much just single covered everyone with a safety over the top they didn't at all sell out to stop the pass...that is the worst way to scheme against our offense and their secondary just played out of their minds lol I didn't at all expect that.  

It's easy to play cover one press, when the Refs allow you to mug receivers 15 yards downfield

They weren't scared because they were allowed to mug receivers

• Agree 1

Yeldon looked better than Singletary.  Not that he is the answer but Singletary is not.  He lacks power and does not hit the hole hard enough, he has no burst and his hands are not great.  

Another factor is our tackles are excellent pass blockers but maybe not so much on run blocking.  

29 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I've said all season our failed run game will eventually kill us and all Andy had to do today was drop 7 into coverage. Sprinkle in poor pass protection and we lose. Both our offensive & defensive game plans were terrible. Coaches blew it today. 

Our pass protection was great for the past 8 weeks but not today.  Other teams blitzed us and had little success.  KC just had a good game for sure.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We have no rushing game

And yet again I don’t understand why Yeldon didn’t play during the season.  It was only a few touches but he looked far better than Singletary and Moss did all year.  He was running hard.  Singletary seemed so slow getting to the line.

I wonder how much of the post-draft comments about Singletary was just fluff.  Or, would they have taken David Montgomery if the Bears hadn’t picked him with the pick before?

2 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

I'd like to see them try to keep Devonta Freeman in the offseason. If he can get healthy and back to his 2018 form, he might be dangerous again, but it's a big if worth trying. It would be nice to get another RB with Moss and maybe Devin doesn't make the team. I'm not sure Wade will pan out, but next year is his last and he will either be on the roster or cut, no PS. He's getting old. 

Looking around the NFL,  Lindsay from Denver would be a good pickup, perhaps Carson. I wouldn't mind if Harris (AL) dropped I'd snag him in the first. If Ettiene is around in the middle of the 2nd I'd trade up, but we definitely could use some speed and a breakaway threat out of the backfield. Currently we don't have any #1's back there and we need one. 

The run game ended up hurting our offense overall. We need more balance and a true threat at TE.

Philip Lindsay would be a great affordable complement to Singletary and/or Moss. The speed to turn the corner and get downfield in the pass game too.

Weird that we let Yeldon languish all season when he clearly added something missing in the form of speed out of the backfield.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Philip Lindsay would be a great affordable complement to Singletary and/or Moss. The speed to turn the corner and get downfield in the pass game too.

Weird that we let Yeldon languish all season when he clearly added something missing in the form of speed out of the backfield.

Agreed on Yeldon. He provided a nice burst tonight. If he actually got some decent playing time I think he could do some damage. 

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Fournette is not a process guy. The guy is a punk. 

why?  Because he got in a tussle with Lawson several years ago?  Dawkins and Feliciano outdid that at the end of tonight's game, and they're "process" guys

7 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

Agreed on Yeldon. He provided a nice burst tonight. If he actually got some decent playing time I think he could do some damage. 

Yeldon has size and

hands ... something Motor lacks

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

I'd like to see them try to keep Devonta Freeman in the offseason. If he can get healthy and back to his 2018 form, he might be dangerous again, but it's a big if worth trying. It would be nice to get another RB with Moss and maybe Devin doesn't make the team. I'm not sure Wade will pan out, but next year is his last and he will either be on the roster or cut, no PS. He's getting old. 

Looking around the NFL,  Lindsay from Denver would be a good pickup, perhaps Carson. I wouldn't mind if Harris (AL) dropped I'd snag him in the first. If Ettiene is around in the middle of the 2nd I'd trade up, but we definitely could use some speed and a breakaway threat out of the backfield. Currently we don't have any #1's back there and we need one. 

The run game ended up hurting our offense overall. We need more balance and a true threat at TE.

you want a RB to go back in time 3 years?

5 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

I’m telling you guys...pick 30 should be in play for RB and yes I’m aware there are plenty of needs on D

The good news is this team is pretty complete as an NFL team they have to get better in order to win a Super Bowl of course so somebody is going to drop to that pic that can be used and it may be a running back

We were finally exposed as a one trick pony.....good teams tend to do that. We did the same thing to the Ravens last week and KC exploited our weakness this week.

It happens.

Were good, just not good enough........yet.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2