4) Chris Carson, Seattle Seahawks
5) Philip Lindsay, Denver Broncos
6) Le’Veon Bell, Kansas City Chiefs
7) Leonard Fournette, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
😎 James White, New England Patriots
9) Tevin Coleman, San Francisco 49ers
10) Mike Davis, Carolina Panthers

9 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

It's easy to play cover one press, when the Refs allow you to mug receivers 15 yards downfield

They weren't scared because they were allowed to mug receivers

Yea that could be true...thats still on us for not taking advantage of that too.  Seems like they don't throw flags in the playoffs except for on that horrible flop at the end of the packers game lol

5 hours ago, nucci said:

you want a RB to go back in time 3 years?

Sometimes it happens when they have time to heal up. I'm only saying its worth keeping him around on the cheap to see if the tank can get refilled as an option. Even as RB#3 he may be able to contribute more than Devin. Competition is healthy and let the best RB's win.  

3 hours ago, Artem Lipatov said:

It’s clear you can’t draft RBs in 3rd round and hope they’ll turned into stars. They are so low because combine demonstrate they have no burst and speed . And now we see it in games

Tell Alvin Kamara that.   You can add James Connor, Kenyan Drake, Kareem Hunt (and David Johnson pre-injury) into that conversation too. I'd take any one of them. We just didn't hit on our 3rd rounders. Maybe Moss will develop. Devin definitely regressed.  It's not that it can't happen, it just didn't happen for us.

Check my post history....every thread where people say we need a dynamic TE I always say we need a homerun threat at the RB spot. In this offense a dynamic TE doesn't do much for us since we're so WR heavy. An explosive RB would help this offense out so much, we have no homerun threat coming out of the backfield.  We can stay pass happy, but we need a RB that can take those screen passes 40-50 yards to the house, take a perfectly blocked run play 50 yards to the house.......we have none of that with Singletary and Moss.  Me personally I'd rather keep Moss and compliment him with a homerun threat.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsRdue said:

Tell Alvin Kamara that.   You can add James Connor, Kenyan Drake, Kareem Hunt (and David Johnson pre-injury) into that conversation too. I'd take any one of them. We just didn't hit on our 3rd rounders. Maybe Moss will develop. Devin definitely regressed.  It's not that it can't happen, it just didn't happen for us.

Jamaal Charles, Curtis Martin, Frank gore. 

there are gems to be found in every round for every position.  I agree, the thought that we can’t find a very good rb in rd 3 is a terrible take.  

we may have not hit on one yet, but if there’s a rb talent there that we like in the future, I expect us to take him.

that said, we need an upgrade at RB.  Preferably adding one with speed to pair with Moss.  Motor as the Yeldon/inactive rb makes sense to me..... or cut him

2 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

Yeah - i mean... Hunt isn't fast.  Kamara isn't notably fast.  Connor isn't fast.  Drake ran a fast 40, but play speed he doesn't seem fast.  I'm not sure its all on the backs, or their speed.  There just isn't any juice to the running game.  We play like 80 percent of the game from shotgun for pass protection, and then when we go from under center we run the ball on like 75% of the snaps - not really very deceptive there.  Also, the team isn't very good at run blocking.

11 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Its been a problem all season long,  how many long runs did we see from either Singletary or Moss.  We need a new feature back next season with some speed

We need to stop drafting 5-7 slow rbs. Singletary is useless. Moss is decent but not great. We need more speed at RB and someone needs to teach our OL how to run block. This is ridiculous. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

NFL playoff games show team weaknesses.

The Bills were exposed.

It's fair to suggest we were outclassed on both sides of the ball.

KC was able to handle us the way we handled the LA Chargers earlier in the year.

The gap between teams is still pretty big IMO.

But it's nice to know the team that did us in is maybe the best team in football and probably about to be a Super Bowl winning Dynasty.

Here’s the thing, I don’t want us running more. I just want us to run better when we do. Moss and Singletary are slow and have little big play ability. 

We have an MVP caliber QB who led one of the best offenses in the league to 13 wins. The last thing I want to do is take the ball out of his hands to run the ball more. We are a passing offense now. If you’re telling me we need to draft a RB high then I’m not thrilled with the idea. I’d rather draft lineman high and look for a speedy back in the mid to late rounds. 

One of the big issues we have is we don’t have anyone that can pressure the QB consistently. Hughes and Addison are becoming fossils and Epenesa doesn’t look like he has that kind of burst to be a consistent disrupter. 

We desperately need someone who can create pressure and we need another playmaker on offense, preferably a pass catcher

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 3

Beane totally understands that the Bills are inadequate at RB, that's why when the Jets released Bell he tried to sign him but lost out to KC (where he was injured & out yesterday).  

While there are other positions of need, the Bills need to spend their #1 pick (30th) on a RB, just like KC did last year with pick 32.  

After the game I declared Singletary is the Terry Miller of the 21st century-best season as a rookie & then fades away.  

6 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We need to stop drafting 5-7 slow rbs. Singletary is useless. Moss is decent but not great. We need more speed at RB and someone needs to teach our OL how to run block. This is ridiculous. 

That drop to me was the end of his time with the Bills,  he is not good enough as a runner to be dropping wide open passes.  Had open field in front of him and if he made those plays that KC was conceding it would have opened up single coverage on WR'S downfield.  They basically gave us that because they were not concerned of any of our RB'S breaking a big play. So if we want to beat KC,  you beat them at their own game and start adding speed at skilled positions like RB & TE

I really don't get how so few commenters put so much of the blame on the backs and so little on the offensive line/scheme.  I get that it's frustrating watching Motor consistently getting stuffed at the line of scrimmage but is that really because he's slow, lacks burst & isn't a home run hitter?

Motor and Moss were both at the bottom of the league in yards before contact but Motor was near the top in yards after contact and Moss was middle of the pack.  Maybe a bit more speed means they could hit the hole faster but I really think the issue is that the holes weren't there in the first place either because the line simply doesn't run block well or the scheme doesn't create holes.

I do think that getting a back is a good idea but I think drafting one in the first or second round would be a mistake especially if it means trading up to get one.

17 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Here’s the thing, I don’t want us running more. I just want us to run better when we do. Moss and Singletary are slow and have little big play ability. 

We have an MVP caliber QB who led one of the best offenses in the league to 13 wins. The last thing I want to do is take the ball out of his hands to run the ball more. We are a passing offense now. If you’re telling me we need to draft a RB high then I’m not thrilled with the idea. I’d rather draft lineman high and look for a speedy back in the mid to late rounds. 

One of the big issues we have is we don’t have anyone that can pressure the QB consistently. Hughes and Addison are becoming fossils and Epenesa doesn’t look like he has that kind of burst to be a consistent disrupter. 

We desperately need someone who can create pressure and we need another playmaker on offense, preferably a pass catcher

This gets a little off topic but since a lot of posts have talked about the draft what the heck.  Forget RB in round one but if somehow Kyle Pitts manages to slip to the middle of the first round or even to the 20s, you absolutely have to consider trading up to get him.  I believe that he could end up being the same type of generational talent that Kelce is.

• Agree 1