32 rush yards from our running backs

This didn't quite soak in during the game.

We had 126 rush yards overall, which is respectable

32 rush yards from our RBs.

15 from Yeldon on 3 carries

17 from Singletary on 6 carries

88 from Josh Allen on 7 carries

We have no rushing game

While our strength is our passing game -- it's axiomatic that if a team has a weakness that the D doesn't need to account for, they can blanket and take away other aspects more easily

• Like (+1) 8
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We have no rushing game

While our strength is our passing game -- it's axiomatic that if a team has a weakness that the D doesn't need to account for, they can blanket and take away other aspects more easily

Exactly why it pisses me off that some Bills fans have said in the past that we don't need to upgrade the run game. Our run game has been complete ***** all year. We need a much better RB1 next year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I'd like to see them try to keep Devonta Freeman in the offseason. If he can get healthy and back to his 2018 form, he might be dangerous again, but it's a big if worth trying. It would be nice to get another RB with Moss and maybe Devin doesn't make the team. I'm not sure Wade will pan out, but next year is his last and he will either be on the roster or cut, no PS. He's getting old. 

Looking around the NFL,  Lindsay from Denver would be a good pickup, perhaps Carson. I wouldn't mind if Harris (AL) dropped I'd snag him in the first. If Ettiene is around in the middle of the 2nd I'd trade up, but we definitely could use some speed and a breakaway threat out of the backfield. Currently we don't have any #1's back there and we need one. 

The run game ended up hurting our offense overall. We need more balance and a true threat at TE.

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We have no rushing game

Its been a problem all season long,  how many long runs did we see from either Singletary or Moss.  We need a new feature back next season with some speed

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Been saying this for awhile; the lack of RB production is an achilles heel to this team.  You still need a relative threat of balance.

Lack of Offensive line production in the running game too.  Both aspects need to be worked on.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsRdue said:

I'd like to see them try to keep Devonta Freeman in the offseason. If he can get healthy and back to his 2018 form, he might be dangerous again, but it's a big if worth trying. It would be nice to get another RB with Moss and maybe Devin doesn't make the team. I'm not sure Wade will pan out, but next year is his last and he will either be on the roster or cut, no PS. He's getting old. 

Looking around the NFL,  Lindsay from Denver would be a good pickup, perhaps Carson. I wouldn't mind if Harris (AL) dropped I'd snag him in the first. If Ettiene is around in the middle of the 2nd I'd trade up, but we definitely could use some speed and a breakaway threat out of the backfield. Currently we don't have any #1's back there and we need one. 

The run game ended up hurting our offense overall. We need more balance and a true threat at TE.

I disagree only on the freeman part. 
Lot of speedy decent backs in free agency this offseason. Jeff Wilson from San Fran I think is hitting free agency. Brieda has some speed. Lindsay is speedy. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We have no rushing game

Thats what made this game so odd to me...the chiefs pretty much just single covered everyone with a safety over the top they didn't at all sell out to stop the pass...that is the worst way to scheme against our offense and their secondary just played out of their minds lol I didn't at all expect that.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

NFL playoff games show team weaknesses.

The Bills were exposed.

I wouldnt even say we were exposed...offensively at least.  The chiefs weren't doing anything creative on the back end they just had a great game defensively.  They didn't really create some blueprint for other teams to follow when they play us

• Eyeroll 1

According to ESPNs next gen stats, our line ranked 29th in run block win rate. Despite that, we finished 9th in yards per carry by running backs according to pro football outsiders. Spending a high pick or decent money on a RB would be a complete waste.

www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29939464/2020-nfl-pass-rushing-run-stopping-blocking-leaderboard-win-rate-rankings%3fplatform=amp

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/foplus/dvoa-database/basic-offensive-defensive-line-stats?year=2020&offense_defense=overall

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1