We need play makers

1 hour ago, Niagara Dude said:

I liked what we saw in Williams who played in Miami game,  showed a burst that neither Moss or Singletary provided us.  That was against a top Miami defence,  with cap money lean i would give him a serious look.  I think they will need to cut guys and absorb some dead money hits to create cap room,  Beane did not have a great free agent offseason last year and we need to do better.  Even getting one big play maker on defence would help get this team to another level

The defence was a problem as season,  we need them to get off the field and reduce those 3rd and long conversations they kept conceding. I like your suggestion of signing Still for 2-3 million.  Do we say goodbye to both Butler and Jefferson which saves us a combined 15 million and only hits us with one mill dead money?  Perhaps us that to get a monster D-LINE anchor player,  as for Brown he would cost near 10 mill and only 1.6 mill dead money if cut.  I don't see him worth that much,  perhaps go sign AJ Green for 4-5 million as compliment #2 WR. Gives us size and is vet who most likely wants to play for a winner

The one thing that worries me about Williams is he looked real good against Miami, but that was at a point in game where Miami was running for the bus as they like to say.  Am a bit nervous to count on him.  Feel that's part of the reason the running game has looked that bad is we've kind of assumed mediocre players are going to produce more for the past couple of seasons now.

Yeah I like the idea of signing Stills for $2 to 3 mil, but does Stills like that idea?  I did look up him last contract was in the $8 mil range.  But he also wasn't re-signed by anyone after he was cut so maybe $3 mil doesn't sound so bad for him.  Green wouldn't be a bad guy to sign, see his market value is listed as $6 mil, but will he get it.  With all the 2020 rookie WR and supposedly 2021 will also be a deep draft class, may mean WR free agent salaries  drop.

12 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

The one thing that worries me about Williams is he looked real good against Miami, but that was at a point in game where Miami was running for the bus as they like to say.  Am a bit nervous to count on him.  Feel that's part of the reason the running game has looked that bad is we've kind of assumed mediocre players are going to produce more for the past couple of seasons now.

Yeah I like the idea of signing Stills for $2 to 3 mil, but does Stills like that idea?  I did look up him last contract was in the $8 mil range.  But he also wasn't re-signed by anyone after he was cut so maybe $3 mil doesn't sound so bad for him.  Green wouldn't be a bad guy to sign, see his market value is listed as $6 mil, but will he get it.  With all the 2020 rookie WR and supposedly 2021 will also be a deep draft class, may mean WR free agent salaries  drop.

I don't mind taking a flyer in 4th or 5th round on a pure speed WR or RB,  you cannot coach speed and once Brown went down we lost our ability to stretch the field.

No way should an edge rusher be our #1 off-season need/goal.

It needs fixing but not that highly.  

The passing game needs improving, everywhere where we can improve it.

Brown needs to be upgraded, we need a dynamic play making TE (that's #1 offseason goal for me), and I would improve the OL wherever we can.

56 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

No way should an edge rusher be our #1 off-season need/goal.

It needs fixing but not that highly.  

The passing game needs improving, everywhere where we can improve it.

Brown needs to be upgraded, we need a dynamic play making TE (that's #1 offseason goal for me), and I would improve the OL wherever we can.

I tend to agree. Make the offense unpredictable and hard to stop like KC. Franchise TE was my thought pre this game, I accept they need a RB/WR though.