We need play makers

End of the day KC has more play makers on both sides of the ball,  we will not beat this team unless we add play makers.  

(1) An elite pass rusher is our biggest offseason need ,  which may be the toughest to get,  but our pass coverage looks bad because no consistent pass rush 

(2) Another play making WR or legite #2,  Brown did next to nothing all season and Diggs needs help.  I think Beasley is perfect as #3 of slot WR 

(3) A 3 down back with speed,  both Singletary or Moss are just not good enough and neither player is fast enough.  I would keep Moss and bring in a feature RB,  i have seen enough of Singetary.  That drop tonight was a killer and seem to turn the game around

We add those 3 needs and i like our chances at getting back to championship game and winning it.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Any specific names you want to put forward?

Speed at those positions,  speed kills as we saw tonight.  I don't have any names right now,  but those are 3 needs that this team needs to look at

Edited by Niagara Dude

Just now, FluffHead said:

Aussie Joe quick on the first reply come up 

Hey... it’s only the early morning for some 👍... it’s 4pm my time and I should be working but nah... 

1 minute ago, Niagara Dude said:

Speed at those positions,  speed kills as we saw tonight.  I don't have any names right now,  but those are 3 needs that this team needs to look at

Yeah... it’s pretty simplistic as any team wants to get quicker ... maybe the Chiefs will trade us Hill to be our no 2

7 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Any specific names you want to put forward?

Clowney.

He's only 27. He has 3 sacks in the past 2 seasons combined (much due to injury), so his price tag will never be lower. Spotrac has his estimated market value at 1yr/ $6.5M. No brainer for me.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 2
  • Dislike 2

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Hey... it’s only the early morning for some 👍... it’s 4pm my time and I should be working but nah... 

Yeah... it’s pretty simplistic as any team wants to get quicker ... maybe the Chiefs will trade us Hill to be our no 2

Not sure you can find a player as fast or quick as Hill,  one of fastest/quickest ever to play

2 minutes ago, 947 said:

Clowney.

He's only 27. He has 3 sacks in the past 2 seasons combined (much due to injury), so his price tag will never be lower. Spotrac has his estimated market value at 1yr/ $6.5M. No brainer for me.

Hey... I would take  him at that price ... 

2 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Not sure you can find a player as fast or quick as Hill,  one of fastest/quickest ever to play

So who else then? 

Doug Whaley drafted Kolby Listenbee who was pretty quick but doubt you want him?

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 1

Well several teams are well over the projected cap, so good players should come available, but maybe the Bills could pry Beckham away from the Browns for less than a first. Not sure I would do that given his injury history, but if healthy that would be a boost.

JuJU Smith Schuster is a free agent I believe, doesn’t solve the speed issue, but could be a playmaker albeit he isn’t as good as before the concussion.

Allen Robinson is another consideration. 

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

I think this should be edited to *on defense, personally.

I hope we add running back but our offense is solid. Our defense, despite a lot of recent high draft picks, just did not produce a defensive tone setter all year. Our D just seems very passive and reactive at times. Frank Clark, Chris Jones, Sneed, were forces that impacted the game multiple times today. We clearly don't have that right now. So I agree fully with Clowney or any other big time defender that we could add to the mix.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Nelius said:

I hope we add running back but our offense is solid. Our defense, despite a lot of recent high draft picks, just did not produce a defensive tone setter all year. Our D just seems very passive and reactive at times. Frank Clark, Chris Jones, Sneed, were forces that impacted the game multiple times today. We clearly don't have that right now. So I agree fully with Clowney or any other big time defender that we could add to the mix.

You also need to keep adding weapons for Allen,  look what happened tonight.  Our offence will carry the load,  once we get leads we need to get pressure on QB'S to retain leads and create turnovers.

It’s been an incredible year. Sad to lose the way we did but.... there’s always next year. I just don’t know how banged up various players were so it’s hard to comment too much but yes, the difference in speed between the two teams was obvious.

1 hour ago, Nelius said:

It definitely should not be limited to just defense. The skill position players we have now are not going to cut it. 

We need at minimum a new starting TE and RB. We need playmakers at those positions. 

I'd also like to see us move on from Brown to save cap space, and draft a guy in rounds 1 or 2. Get some more youth and potential at the position. 

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Well several teams are well over the projected cap, so good players should come available, but maybe the Bills could pry Beckham away from the Browns for less than a first. Not sure I would do that given his injury history, but if healthy that would be a boost.

JuJU Smith Schuster is a free agent I believe, doesn’t solve the speed issue, but could be a playmaker albeit he isn’t as good as before the concussion.

Allen Robinson is another consideration. 

The bills have no ability to pay for another FA WR unless they are ready to cut John Brown.   

2 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

End of the day KC has more play makers on both sides of the ball,  we will not beat this team unless we add play makers.  

(1) An elite pass rusher is our biggest offseason need ,  which may be the toughest to get,  but our pass coverage looks bad because no consistent pass rush 

(2) Another play making WR or legite #2,  Brown did next to nothing all season and Diggs needs help.  I think Beasley is perfect as #3 of slot WR 

(3) A 3 down back with speed,  both Singletary or Moss are just not good enough and neither player is fast enough.  I would keep Moss and bring in a feature RB,  i have seen enough of Singetary.  That drop tonight was a killer and seem to turn the game around

We add those 3 needs and i like our chances at getting back to championship game and winning it.

Well that's not really fair. He was critical in the first half of the season. It turned into a weird season for him as he never really became the deep ball threat we got him for. Maybe he's lost a step. Maybe Allen never really developed that long ball rapport with him. Probably both. But he was a very effective possession type receiver.

While I'm not disputing your overall point that the offense needs another big weapon, I'd try to address TE or RB first. Yeldon strangely saw action tonight and was effective. A better version of him (faster than Singletary/Moss, plus a threat as a receiver downfield) would be a huge boost.